Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Well We Are Here  (Read 21958 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Well We Are Here
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2015, 01:21:33 PM »
If you call him that and it is not his name you may wait a long time to be served!! >:D >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2015, 06:10:10 PM »
 ;D ;D :D ;D

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2015, 10:10:47 AM »
Went to Kalkan Park Beach yesterday for a lazy day. It has been updated since the last time we were there. A new decking area in front of the small bar that is always shut when we are there. The sunbeds and parasols are new. Still not many there. Probably get busier now the families that have arrived have got their bearings.

We were going to go for a walk to Bob's place today but it is very hot. Will leave until later in the week, maybe it will be cooler. Forecast is for a bit of cloud tomorrow.

Our friends return home today so hopefully our alcohol intake will return to normal. Have drunk far too much the last few days.

Did I say we ate at Rosemary the other night and the food was amazing. For the vegetations out there the artichoke in chef's special sauce is delicious. OH days the lamb shish which he said was cooked to perfection.

Sat in Merkez again. Even with the changes we still come back every day. We love it for watching people go in the bag shops opposite.

Jo

Offline Holidaylover28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2015, 03:55:21 PM »
Luvin the trip reports, helps get into the holiday mood. It's a shame there wasn't photographs to go with  ;)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2015, 03:57:06 PM »
Hope you're wrong about the wether forecast Jo we are on a boat trip tomorrow  ???

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2015, 05:11:15 PM »
Dare I ask how you say Mr Happy's real name without offending anyone?  I have a clue now why he always insists we call him by his alternative!

Nice to know someone else whiles away time watching the comings and goings at the bag shop(s)....
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2015, 07:11:49 PM »
Went in the bag shops today. Came out without anything though.

After a cloudy start, turned out nice again Gromet. Went for a walk on the new road past Kalkan Suites. Very peaceful out there at the moment. Light lunch on Coriander. Melon juice in Merkez. Bag shop investigation then swimming. Lovely day.

Sorry don't do exciting.

Sat in Black and Gold listening to live music. She is warming up now and sounding quite good. Tapas very tasty.

J

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2015, 08:34:33 PM »
Sounds like my kinda day! Thanks for keeping us updated, Jo  :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2015, 09:54:28 PM »
There's nothing nicer than relaxation in Kalkan, just watching the world go by is lovely. Exciting is definitely optional - it just seems to be that what ever we do involves some kind of drama!  ;D

Glad you're having a lovely holiday.  :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2015, 07:12:34 AM »
Bag shopping, swimming, lunching, Black and Gold, sounds exciting to me Jo, glad your having a fab time, and keep the posts coming, enjoying reading them.  Thank you.

J

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2015, 07:17:12 PM »
Walk to Bob's Cafe and Bar today. Lovely breeze on the road there. Not much going on in Kisla but great view back to Kalkan. Sorry no photos, don't know how to post these on my phone.

Spending far too much time in Merkez again and it's not even raining this year. Great place to finish the evening with a drink or two. I would rather here than Moonlight Bar myself. Have decided better value to have a glass of wine each with dinner and share a bottle in Merkez. No rush by the time we get here. Quiet at the moment but it is quite early by Kalkan standards.

Only a couple of days to go and already feeling sad.

J

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2015, 12:54:46 PM »
That's it then the holiday is over and we are back home.  The sun is shining but is not that warm, not by Kalkan standards anyway.  The first lot of washing is done and we are trying to work out what to have for lunch as the fridge is empty.

Just a quick update on our final dinner choices.  Returned to Coriander on Wednesday and had another lovely meal.  There was live music over at the Lime Bar so we stayed in our seat at Coriander because we could hear it from there.  We wish Coriander all the best with there new venture.  Our final meal was at Mussakka in their new position.  Rest assured it is as good as ever with that view to go with it.  We do like Mussakka as they look after you the same whether you just want two main courses and a drink each or whether you go for the full blown three courses and a bottle of wine.  It was a great way to spend our last evening.

The promised rain on our last day did not materialise that goodness.  We had a wander around and a Turkish Tea in Fener.  A little sad that this was only the third time that we had been there when normally we would have been there every day.  Things change however and you have to find different venues.

I am now signing off and will let someone else keep you entertained.

Jo

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2015, 08:08:58 PM »
Thanks for the reports and updates Jo. Just what I needed to keep me going. We really must try coriander this year as it seems to have such consistently good reports. Glad you're home safe.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2015, 01:47:41 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to post, Jo. I've loved catching up with your holiday and it sounds as though you had a great time. Cant wait to try Coriander and Mussakka is a favourite so good to hear all is well, despite the new location.

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2015, 01:08:48 PM »
Just for the record, posting photos isn't straightforward here!

See my post "Posting Pictures" in the General Discussion.

I hope it helps...

Offline IssyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2015, 03:46:05 PM »
We haven't been to Kalkan since 2013 (although we started visiting in 2005) where is Coriander?  Keep reading the great reviews and want to try it in July.
Thanks

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2015, 04:42:46 PM »
Just up from Kaya Restaurant roundabout..going towards market more or less opp Swan pub ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal