Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: We are in Kalkan  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
We are in Kalkan
« on: May 13, 2019, 03:42:17 PM »
So after over an hour waiting to check in at Gatwick ,at the crack of dawn travelling with Thomas Cook 🥴 . They might be a good price but boy they pack you in. The flight was 55 minutes delayed but we still landed on time .
My post will be short and hopefully sweet , we sit by the pool and read all day then have a drink on the way to a restaurant.
So Shades lounge for cocktails Saturday night, an effs is 20l. Then on to moussaka’s for two wonderful steaks , no starters ,ice cream , chocolate banana and two g&ts , this was about £45 . Worth every penny .
Sunday night Shades for cocktails and then next door to Issi’s kitchen, lovely friendly people good food , hubby had lamb shish and I had mixed grill , the lamb was beautiful. We had garlic mushrooms to start and g&ts and this was £34 .
I think I might mix it up tonight and cocktails by the sea at Kleo’s.
The weather in the day is good but much chiller at night

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14232.0

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
Re: We are in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 08:37:34 PM »
Many thanks for sharing your holiday Lynne T. Pleased to hear that your delayed departure didn't impact on your arrival time. Look forward to hearing more.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 05:55:38 AM »
Monday night we walked to the top of kalamer rd and after oxygen 😁 we found the Brothers we both had stuffed mushrooms, my hubby had  Seabase and I had seafood pasta which was gorgeous , we then shared a balaclava. We had a bottle of wine and this was just under £50. We first met one of the boys serving in a garden bar and then on to moussaka’s and now he is front of house of his family restaurant.
Tuesday I made it to Kleo’s at last and effs there is 14l. We then walked up the hill to coast and it was empty as we walked in the only other customers walked out . My hubby had lamb chops and I had spaghetti and meatballs, 2 glasses of wine and this £30 .
We have enjoyed every restaurant and every meal . Off to the sunbed now with my book 📚

Offline Trunks99

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 06:06:55 AM »
Hello Lynne T, thanks for your updates and for the useful info on food and drink prices. Have a great break 👍

Offline Alibobs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 44
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 05:42:07 AM »
Love to read other people’s reports - thank you . Love the Brothers but won’t make it this visit

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 05:57:27 AM »
Last night we went to Sade , again another beautiful meal ,hubby had pepper corn steak which just melted in your mouth and I had chicken fajitas which had wonderful flavours. Small beer , g&t and a bottle of water. It was 223l, it’s too early for my brain to convert it.The only thing that spoilt it was the very loud English woman that never stopped talking .
Then on to Shades lounge for a mudslide . A lot more people around in town , windy but very warm .

Offline Alibobs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 03:18:55 PM »
We’ve noticed a few more ‘vocal’ people this time around......

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 08:22:16 PM »
Lynn T it's just less than £30.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 02:36:53 PM »
Thursday, we went to the market and bought nothing, I was looking for reading glasses and all they had were sunglasses. Not for me but hubby only has one pair on the go.
Back to moussaka’s last night , we just wanted a light meal ,I had seafood pasta, very different to the one at the brothers but just as tasty. Hubby had chicken wok and he enjoyed it, bottle of wine £41 oh and a bottle of water

Offline NormskiD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 03:49:28 PM »
So good to read other people's holiday blogs, not something we normally do, but it's a good way of keeping up with what's going on in Kalkan seeing as we are not back until September!! Thankfully we will have a lovely month there, happy days.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 01:59:10 PM »
We stayed in last night and ate at the hotel meldi , Spanish omelette. All the fancy food around and all I wanted was an omelette 😁. All my English prices were wrong , my hubby was converting it in to dollars 🥴 so they were all cheaper

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 04:56:12 PM »
Hi Lynne T........it sounds as though you are having an enjoyable time in Kalkan. Thanks for sharing your experience........making me get excited about our next visit in September. I believe that it's now 15 weeks until we arrive........can't wait.. Tracey was checking flights today and found that our flight has now reduced by about £100. We are flying with TUI from Stansted on 2nd September.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 06:44:41 AM »
That is so not fair Keith ,I think we should get a refund .
Night before cocktails at Kleo’s and then straight into seaport, two glasses of wine each ( should have bought a bottle) . Hubby had seabase , that was there  seabase and potatoes. I had chicken in creamy mushroom sauce which was divine and the most wonderful view of the sea. This less than £40 .
Yesterday we went Yali beach bar and had a swim in the sea 😁, very cold . All been done up nice people. In the evening we went Shades lounge for a cocktail and then to kitchen something by shade . 2 glasses wine , we both had a lamb stew dish . All under £30 nice but the butter that came with the free rolls was marg 🤢

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 03:49:27 PM »
Even I got bored of my restaurant reports , two more nights going home Sunday. As always Kalkan is wonderful

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2019, 07:28:14 PM »
Hi Lynne T........all holiday reports are gratefully received. Restaurant reports can be really helpful for all forum members as it can help them to plan their next visit. It's always sad when the visit comes to an end but hopefully you have some wonderful  memories to cherish.

Offline Trunks99

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2019, 05:49:51 AM »
All under £30 nice but the butter that came with the free rolls was marg 🤢

Nothing worse ! I feel your pain ! Thanks for your reports

Offline cathlvskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2019, 09:56:57 AM »
I love reading restaurant reviews! Even though I have been before I like other peoples opinions and somewhere might be mentioned that we haven't tried.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2019, 02:42:41 PM »
Thank you , last night 😔 so we are hitting Kleo’s for cocktails, shade lounge for the best g&t ever with pink grapefruit in it and to eat our 3rd time this holiday our favourite moussaka’s.

Offline Alibobs

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 08:43:04 AM »
Thank you for your reports Lynne - can't believe I've only been back a week, seems like forever. Safe travels X

Offline sun seeker

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2019, 11:25:12 AM »
Hi we’re back in Kalkan for a big birthday in August!! I know it will be Hot but I’m celebrating a big birthday and in my “misery state” last year did not want to be in the UK for it and want to celebrate with my family in my favourite place. Hubby and I came for 11 days last October to find the perfect villa for our stay. I am missing Kalkan news for what’s new in Kalkan (restaurants etc) can someone please give me an update.
Also we are in the process of making restaurant reservations but don’t want to book every night as we want to have meals/bar be cues in the villa, can somebody tell me do any of the supermarkets deliver?
Much thanks x

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
recycled
Where to eat in Kalkan??

Started by ktp1984 on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post May 08, 2010, 09:50:36 AM
by hel66
recycled
I'm going to Kalkan!

Started by dave99 on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post March 19, 2009, 01:33:05 PM
by felicity

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Fresh Fish

Views: 2830
By: Pompeyalbie
Sara