Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Views From Over the Bay  (Read 22288 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Views From Over the Bay
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 10:12:16 PM »
First trip to Gourmet, Pompeyalbie? One of our favourites in Kalkan.
2 Pandora charms....? Come on Janet, you can do better than that.
Love the reports and the pic....keep them coming :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 07:57:55 AM »
I expect Janet is just biding her time!! ;D ;D

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 05:42:28 AM »
What can I say about Wednesday? That morning started quite nicely,a blue sky with very little wind as we set off with Adam on Yildiz 3. When we left the harbour you could see the cloud s coming over the mountain as we headed for Mouse Island.just as we were approaching someone spotted 3 dolphins on the starboard size but the never followed us.we stopped in Yates little cove and the water was so clear I had to go in, much to my surprise the water wasn't cold at all. There I was in my own little water world when I felt a strange feeling on my back so stopped snorkelling & looked up to find it was pouring with rain. Adam was busy covering up the cushions etc, I was already wet so couldn't see the point of getting out so carried on enjoying my swim. We stayed there for quite a while as Zaynep did her magic in the galley and cooked lunch. With only 8 on board there was plenty of room & food available. Following lunch it was off to the mud beach where everyone took part in a "health spa" & got coated in the mud. By now the weather was nice and warm but hazy sunshine which was still nice. Last stop was Fernez Bay for tea & a final swim.
Having eaten most of the day we didn't bother going out for dinner.
Thursday was market day so we made our way down, Cafe Ev looks quite nice now all refurbished.I bought a few bits & pieces to take back & had to stop for a banana & honey pancake by the fruit & veg stalls. We wandered in to town & stopped at Merkez for a sandwich & Jedi Juice while people watching for a while. I was after a nice long sleeved shirt I'd seen earlier in the week and we're just making our way down the side street when Tumay from MissSilver called us over, he was sat having tea with the owner of Mellisa. Knowing Janet's shopping habits he asked if we'd seen anything she'd liked in the new shop, of course she had (see yesterday), next minute we are in the shop & he is negotiating a price for her. No need to say what happened next, what started out at £1150 is now being packaged up for £550 & out comes her purse with a wedge in it I didn't know she had with her. Naturally I'll be paying a part of it as her anniversary present. I think she was still in shock as we made our way back to Kila to spend the sunny afternoon by the pool with a nice cool Efes. Last night meal was at Alternatif, who have downsized a bit as a towelling good shop has opened up in the mosque side. We both had steaks which were really well cooked, the Gin & Tonics are still 3 parts gin 1 part tonic. Janet had an ice cream with a liqueur on top top up her alcohol intake then decided she wanted a coffee with Disarano in while I had a Turkish coffee, yo could see the steam come out her ears as she drank it, it was so boozy based, what happens next is Mustafa brings over a complimentary Amerettto for us, being a gentleman I sneakily drank hers for her as I don't think she could take any more booze. We made our way back for the last time stopping off to see Ozay and say goodbye until next year as we are off to New York in October. Noticed that the new Seaport was getting close to opening & Mussakka had a sign saying "opening on Friday" although there were people in there eating already.

Friday morning already I don't know where the week has gone, I feel we've not done much this trip but I did get to tick off a trout lunch at Islamlar from my bucket list.
Thanks for reading this drivel & I'll be back visiting the site to read others adventures. I discovered a new App on my I pad called Periscope where you can post a live video feed so I stuck up a few short videos of the early mornin view around the bay plus a sunset view, both got a few hits from around the world & lots of likes for the view. If you have this app just search for my username on here  ;D Cheers

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2015, 06:09:23 AM »
Thankyou for some lovely reports. I'm feeling sad for you that you only got a week there. Did i mention we're going for 3 weeks....smug happy dance!

Hope you have a fab last few hours and a safe journey home .

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2015, 06:56:32 AM »
A BIG Thank You! from me, Pompeyalbie. I laughed out loud at the steam coming out of Janet's ears. Hope she wasn't too hung over - but you did do the gentleman thing!  I think you did a lot in your week and I enjoyed every moment of your reflection.

Travel safe and enjoy,

Antler

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 08:03:51 AM »
Glad you've had a lovely holiday.....I knew Janet was biding her time!!  :laugh:

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 10:29:55 AM »
Loved reading your reports Pompeyalbie, thank you.  Safe journey home and looking forward to the next person to take up the baton!  :D :D :D

J
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:18:49 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 11:58:44 AM »
Loved reading your reports so sad were unable to go to our most favourite place this year. Always there in spirit when I read the blogs.

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2015, 12:05:51 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated (and entertained), have a safe journey home. 8)
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline janeb

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2015, 04:10:14 PM »
 :) Great reports, thank you so much. So glad Janet got her pressie, and what a pressie it was! Go Janet.

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2015, 08:51:42 PM »
I've so enjoyed your blogs. Thanks so much for taking the time to post. Have a good journey home and a fab time in NY in October.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2015, 01:42:14 PM »
Oh no....that was just too short!
Thanks for taking the time to post, Pompeyalbie, I love your tales of jewellery avoidance  :)
Well done, Janet, you didn't let us down.
Have an amazing time in my second favourite place in October.

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 12:45:56 PM »
Thanks for your reports. Got me nicely in the mood for our 2 week stay. I won't be posting daily as we are not that busy.

We went to New York last year and had a very good time. Make sure you have comfortable walking shoes to see all the sites.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 02:54:27 PM »
Just back from our trip without the kids and catching up on EK. Thanks so much for your reports, got me thinking of our Kalkan holiday in August and feeling excited. The weather sounds like it's been a bit hit and miss this year but I'm glad you still managed to have a lovely holiday and Janet managed to find herself some nice presents too. It made me laugh when you described her pulling that wedge of cash out of her purse, that she'd stashed away in anticipation. Good girl Janet, and a very happy 10th anniversary to you both.  :)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 05:31:48 PM »
Oh Lizilu I shouldn't have been surprised after a couple of years ago when we'd been on our usual Tuesday market trip, gone over to the shops in Fethiye and she pulled out a wedge triple that to buy herself a momento from her mum's inheritance. That did leave me speechless. I'll be keeping her away from Tiffany's when we go to New York.
K4e it was our 3rd visit to Gourmet over the years, it is one of our favourites. I'll post some photos up soon, managed to get some nice panoramas which hopefully will load up.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2015, 05:48:21 PM »
Oh no, she MUST go to Tiffany's - the best shop ever for a jewellry enthusiast like Janet. 727 5th....its imprinted on my brain :)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2015, 11:10:07 PM »
Oh no, she MUST go to Tiffany's - the best shop ever for a jewellry enthusiast like Janet. 727 5th....its imprinted on my brain :)
No,no no, not at USA prices, been there, done that, when we went to Orlando for her daughters 40th I drove for 45 minutes from Kissimmee to Florida Mall where it cost me an arm, a leg & a kidney for an Eternity ring. We can do Bloomingdales for a replacement snow globe that got broke a few years ago.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2015, 08:53:04 AM »
Be cheaper to just buy her Breakfast at Tiffanys? 8)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 11:34:22 AM »
Might be too much temptation to avoid the jewelry counters though BL? Bagels or bangles hmm  ???
I bet I know which Janet would prefer  ;D

Better take a wide berth Pompeyalbie and have a romantic moment on the top of the Empire State Building instead.  ;D :-*

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2015, 12:34:04 PM »
Surprisingly you cant get breakfast at Tiffany's...there's no restaurant in the shop and never has been. In the film, Audrey Hepburn eats a pastry outside looking longingly at the store's gems through the window. That's what's known as Breakfast in Tiffany's. Just a bit of trivia to help you along today :-*
We've always found US prices cheaper than UK prices in Tiffany's - always stock up for people when we're there on things like keyrings and their classic "return to Tiffanys" pieces, We also bought our wedding rings in there considerably cheaper than UK - it was a lovely experience with copius glasses of champagne. They even took away all my jewellery and polished it whilst they did the paperwork.
Imagine what they'd be like if you bought Janet something special for your anniversary....

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal