Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Turkish Delight...Kalkan 2010.  (Read 5161 times)

Offline salstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Turkish Delight...Kalkan 2010.
« on: July 06, 2010, 09:31:04 PM »
Arrived at Dalaman after a 0100hrs plane from Stansted, 5 children, 6 adults, all went smoothly, airport transfer was fab apart from the stop but we were warned about it and gave us a chance to have an Efes, first time! wow.....the first time the coach went down to Kalkan I held my breath...to be honest when u have looked so forward to something it surely wont keep up to expectations..but no.....seeing Villa Beyli Han with all the children running down to the view, infinity pool and me just going WOW.....was enough....I thanked my lucky stars we had found Kalkan and Beyli Han.................
Day 2...Woke up to the most amazing view.....Kalamar Bay must be the best place to be....Med blue seas and the promise of the day but we are all so tired..pool day!!!
Day 3: Kalamar beach club......What can I say....The attention to detail the friendliness and the genuine  attention to my 3 children was unbelievable...Dennis and Adam and all the dive and water sports guys were so amazing I thought I was in a dream....me a nurse in London and now in Social Family Support have NEVER encountered such genuine friendship xxx

Day4: Romantik Gullet......Loved it but anchors got caught in the harbour 1 hr later we set sail ......not the most charismatic of crews.....but ok...with the Turkish charm felt let down with this crew...didnt really talk and I would take on your own water, drinks etc xxx

Day 5: Market......Oh M Gee......Loved it if anything just to soak it all up....I can still hear it and wish I had videoed it....LOVE all of u it MADE my hol......Bargains to be had 2,.....dont leave it like us thinking we could buy the same in Kalkan u cant.....Do it on a Market day XX

Day 6:
Kalamar Beach Club:.....Telephoned to get a reservation, VW Transporter came to pick us up, what I drive at home!, love it, SOOOO lovely, Sunbeds reserved all sorted.....when u arrive down the steep hill it will blow your mind........Whatever u expect it will be better....whatever u picture...dream XX Kalamar is indescrible and priceless XXX ShhhhhhhhhXX

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5847.0

Offline Lancs lass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Turkish Delight...Kalkan 2010.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 09:00:55 AM »
Thanks for the report - we are back in Kalkan for the third time in August. I hope it still lives up to expectations and that my parents are bitten too! Just been looking at pics of the villa you stayed in - I don't think I'd have left the building, it looks gorgeous.

Glad you enjoyed your hol.  :)

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 02:18:52 PM »
So glad to hear that you loved Kalamar! a lot of people think it is to far out of town. But like you we love it there, you have the best of both worlds, the lovely view, peacefulness, and the beach club.

It may be a 20 minute walk in to town, but we just love the nice stroll up and back in the evenings plus its great exercise after lounging around all day.

3 more sleeps and we will be there again   :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 02:31:36 PM by Begonvil »

Offline salstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »
After sitting in the garden in sunny Somerset basking in the heat had a real " blue" moment....dreaming of gorgeous, twinkling blue seas of the beach club, the sounds of the cicadas and the genuine people who run it!!!....I think I have now experienced the meaning of Kalkan Blues!!!...its captured my heart and we are booking for next year...Enjoy and say Hi to Dennis and adam at the beach club from Sally, Jase, Mollie, max and India  :)

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 12:17:10 PM »
Arrived at Dalaman after a 0100hrs plane from Stansted, 5 children, 6 adults, all went smoothly, airport transfer was fab apart from the stop but we were warned about it and gave us a chance to have an Efes, first time! wow.....the first time the coach went down to Kalkan I held my breath...to be honest when u have looked so forward to something it surely wont keep up to expectations..but no.....seeing Villa Beyli Han with all the children running down to the view, infinity pool and me just going WOW.....was enough....I thanked my lucky stars we had found Kalkan and Beyli Han.................
Day 2...Woke up to the most amazing view.....Kalamar Bay must be the best place to be....Med blue seas and the promise of the day but we are all so tired..pool day!!!
Day 3: Kalamar beach club......What can I say....The attention to detail the friendliness and the genuine  attention to my 3 children was unbelievable...Dennis and Adam and all the dive and water sports guys were so amazing I thought I was in a dream....me a nurse in London and now in Social Family Support have NEVER encountered such genuine friendship xxx

Day4: Romantik Gullet......Loved it but anchors got caught in the harbour 1 hr later we set sail ......not the most charismatic of crews.....but ok...with the Turkish charm felt let down with this crew...didnt really talk and I would take on your own water, drinks etc xxx

Day 5: Market......Oh M Gee......Loved it if anything just to soak it all up....I can still hear it and wish I had videoed it....LOVE all of u it MADE my hol......Bargains to be had 2,.....dont leave it like us thinking we could buy the same in Kalkan u cant.....Do it on a Market day XX

Day 6:
Kalamar Beach Club:.....Telephoned to get a reservation, VW Transporter came to pick us up, what I drive at home!, love it, SOOOO lovely, Sunbeds reserved all sorted.....when u arrive down the steep hill it will blow your mind........Whatever u expect it will be better....whatever u picture...dream XX Kalamar is indescrible and priceless XXX ShhhhhhhhhXX

Next time try the big boat The Sea Bella  http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-activities/70990-sea-bella

Brilliant all round. Its cheap like all the boast so they get more off you from drinks. Still a cheap day out and 100% brill this boat.
If hard work was such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept it for themselves?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Turkish Delight??? Turkish Bath/Spa answers needed please?

Started by iminei on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

12 Replies
Last post August 23, 2010, 01:28:15 AM
by iminei
xx
Turkish Delight

Started by tortoise lady on Cooking

12 Replies
Last post September 18, 2012, 10:48:03 PM
by Skunk
xx
Turkish Delight

Started by Alfaman on Cooking

2 Replies
Last post March 08, 2010, 06:21:00 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
2 bedroomed apartment required from July 8th 2010 until 24th August 2010

Started by thelippys on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2010, 12:01:55 PM
by thelippys

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Emir Apartments

Views: 14270
By: JenJen
Paxos