Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Total letdown  (Read 12540 times)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Total letdown
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 10:55:04 AM »
Thanks K4E, I'm just wondering who's adding to mrgrimsdales thank you count!! Maybe Bazza, Steveb and Abraham????  ??? ??? >:D
.... and wasn't AbrahamY called Steve?
He's only got one post left now. I'm sure he had many more before?  ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 10:58:13 AM »
...and jg64  ;D
mrgrimsdale had 0 thank you's up until today so perhaps you're right. I mean, really really?....could you be arsed going to all that effort ::)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 11:09:11 AM »
Ah ha, Kalkan4eva, a pat on the back ;D ;D ;D ;D  Well said ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 11:10:17 AM »
I feel sorry for someone who is so lonely and miserable that they have the time to spare to troll.  Perhaps this person - and I think we all agree the recent posters are one and the same - has some personal issues that need some sort of therapy.  Pity them and their sad life, and try not to feed their sadness.  The rest of us love Kalkan and find this a hugely helpful and friendly forum. It's sad some people are so pathetic, poor souls. 

For the rest of my fellow Kalkan lovers - I appreciate your posts and opinions and since joining the forum years ago have found it helpful, friendly, funny.  Thanks for your posts and keep on Enjoying Kalkan  :) :)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 01:20:52 PM »
OOOH the plot thickens. Not having been present at said accident and the aftermath, I'm not really qualified to pass judgement but as other members have said some of the content of the post seems a little unlikely.  Having been to Kalkan for some years I am pleased to say that the people of Kalkan have treated us with the utmost respect and have always been helpful despite the odd language barrier. Whether this report is true or false let's get everything  into perspective and just "Enjoy Kalkan"   8)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 01:32:10 PM »
Thanks K4E, I'm just wondering who's adding to mrgrimsdales thank you count!! Maybe Bazza, Steveb and Abraham????  ??? ??? >:D

Like I said...BUSTED!!! :)

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 02:24:49 PM »
I'm curious to know how all of you regular posters know with such certainty that 'SteveB' is a troll with various names?  Do you all know him?

As for quoting in euros, this is a mistake that I make regularly, especially when I return annually from Spain but even long after that.  I often think in euros, then convert them to TL.  And I've lived here for 11 years.  I don't think that is a criteria sufficient to define a false message, but admittedly, there may be other things I am not aware of pertaining to this poster.

It is not so unusual in the summer for tourists to pay more than the normal price.  Happened to some longtime residents and members of this forum in April in a prominent supermarket.  Happened to us several times in Kartin before it closed.  Yesterday I was told that the Kas Kaymakan had all sunbeds and umbrellas at Kaputas beach removed because people were being overcharged and not given receipts.  True or false, I don't know, haven't been there recently.  A Turkish friend told me this.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:32:44 PM by Cosetta »
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 03:51:28 PM »
Cosetta....Kalkan,a city?Car hire people who dont speak english?Jandarma who dont attend quickly? plus all the other inconsistencies in Bazza1970.......sorry Mr Grimsdale's....ooop's i mean StevieB's story.

We all have our opinion's about this person's posts.You may be correct,Cosetta,but most think,like me,that his story is not true

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 04:10:19 PM »
I agree with Cosetta. A few simple questions may have found out the name of the cafe with a poster advertising prices in Euros or the car rental company. This is probably not possible now since whoever it was has been driven out of the forum after one post. No one likes a negative post on here but some people must have bad experiences. People do get ripped off and I'm sure the locals pay less than the tourists in certain circumstances. Like in any resort, or even at home, you still have to be aware.

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 04:25:23 PM »
Fantastic consumer advice Mrgrimsdale. You could give Kevin Cotton from Bella magazine a run for his money!

:D brilliant

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »
Maybe Steveb would like to answer some of those questions like chickengeorge suggests?

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »
No-one has been driven away... at least, not a genuine forum contributor....despite this person using several aliases, it's  the same person, and we know who he is, it's as simple as that.

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 05:04:45 PM »
If you all know who the person is and you know they are just trolling under various different names why doesn't the moderator just delete the threads, instead of them descending into the sort of nonsense that all of you normally take offence at.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 05:14:33 PM »
Because there is just a chance that by showing this person we know his MO, we might make him realise he is wasting his time and persuade him to stop. Just removing threads doesn't  work, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:40:38 PM by MartynE »

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 05:23:01 PM »
On this current thread...........there are no posts now available from Mr Grimsdale,or StevieB...where have they gone.Maybe the moderator has taken your advice,ChickenGeorge

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »
?????? I can see them!

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 06:12:02 PM »
EK and KTLN best two sites ever, EK forum best forum going, so much useful info and most of forum posters are simply brilliant , the odd droll troll will always be spotted eventually  by the genuine forum posters who love Kalkan new and existing

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »
Hi Babs,

No,sorry they of course are still there.Its dumb old Mayday1 !! There are quite a few posts now on this thread and i was looking at page 2 of 2........Had i had the intelligence to simply press 1 of 2 then Hey Presto !! The others have not disappeared at all.

Offline One sheet

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 09:38:39 PM »
The Troll business is getting out of hand. If everyone's not careful, it will cause squabbling between real posters. Can I suggest that everyone just carms down. They will eventually get bored and go and play somewhere else.  ;)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »
Don't trolls usually play under bridges?  >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Total 0% Greek Yogurt

Started by turkeyfan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post June 21, 2011, 12:17:16 PM
by turkeyfan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal