Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: They tell me I'm nearly 70 where did that go?  (Read 4752 times)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
They tell me I'm nearly 70 where did that go?
« on: March 04, 2018, 09:01:32 AM »
So the birthday celebrations are nearly decided. I had the most miserabke 40th which was my own fault because I stuck my head in the sand and decided I wasn't going to be 40and nobody was going to make me. People partied around me I just cried hated it.
50 we were in the Masai Mara absolutely magical how could you cry being 50 in Kenya it was wonderful. Another decade gone.
60 I had found Kalkan and after two or three wonderful holidays previous to my 60 th we had a wonderful Villa family and best friends joined us. Out with Exclusive Escapes we had transport included with the Villa and we tazzed around including up to the trout restaurants. Actually had my birthday meal at Caretta Caretta and it was lovely.
So where would I spend my 70th? There's only one place in the world that I would want to be so we booked it.
Sue and Sean's wonderful Villa was available but of course as with all our other holidays we had booked to fly Monarch. Big mistake as we all know but were covered flight money returned and able to book Thomas Cook from Birmingham. Did it in a bit of a panic. Premium Economy still can't get my head round that. 26k of hold luggage 10k of cabin luggage each James Martin meals not that that is over impressive but is included free drinks in the drink service priority boarding and seats in the first six rows of the plane. Oh priority check in too.
Never been a great lover if TC shirt haul because of the leg room but we'll see. The flight times aren't brilliant and we had to bring our holiday a day forward. Going out we fly at about 7.00am but coming back early hours of the morning so I guess we won't be over enamoured with a James Martin meal then but needs must when the devil drives.
Cost us about £550 which in my panic to book it wasn't a lot more than the Monarch flights.
So have booked a luxurious cruise for 8 of us on Smile boat and then we return to the Villa and Chef Kazim is going to come and cook for us. Chef Dave normally does the cooking but we decided to lay him off for the day and let him enjoy his holidays before he resumes his duties.
The actual day we're going to lovely Cafe Aqua. We all love the meals there and Yusuf is lovely so I imagine we'll have a great feast.
To finish off the birthday celebrations were departing to Meis as the Turks call it or Kasteloriso as the Greeks call it. We've been before but decided to stop over and have a nice pork chop with a glass of Amstel or Mythos and of cours a bottle of 5star metaxa from the duty free shop. We're stopping at a pansy ion which they say is on the beach and as its only 0km from the harbour I guess the beach is the pavement outside the front door and you run out and fling yourself in the harbour hopefully missing the turtles that abound there and of course the Greek ferry which somehow squeezes itself into the harbour. Were being picked up at 8.30 in Kalkan and taken to Kas where we hand our passports over sail to Meis and our away day begins. We've done an over nighter in Kekova before and that was lovely too.
So you see I've gone for it 70 be damned I'm going to enjoy it and lucky enough to with the dearest of friends.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13913.0

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Re: They tell me I'm nearly 70 where did that go?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 09:07:39 AM »
I promise I have never had my shirt hauled by Thomas Cook. Serves me right for not reading it before I posted. Oh well Joycie at her best.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 09:38:50 AM »
Ha Ha......Don't forget to pack your slippers Joycie!!! >:D :-*
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 01:26:32 PM »
Actually, Meis/Kastellorizo is officially Megisti or Meyisti.

It's got more names that Prince Charles.

TC Premium Economy doesn't appear too bad (this is a relative expression, note) - we've just returned from Barbados on TC, and the Premium Economy seats are wider by about 2 inches, and have an additional 2-3 inches leg room.
Apart from the luggage upgrade, the bonus is you get served earlier! (and they've probably still got some duty free left).  Always check Seatguru.com before you choose your seat (essential, this)

The James Martin meals are OK - better than a Pret or M&S Sandwich, especially if you consider it's not a flag carrier's Business or 1st class you're getting.

Incidentally, If you ever fly (very) long haul - Premium Economy is the better alternative to straightforward economy from my experience, and worth doing without the expense of Business Class.  It's all airline dependent, of course.

Enjoy the celebration - but then its Kalkan, so you probably will.
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 01:59:22 PM »
Thankyou. We've been lucky enough to fly round the world and we went Thomas Cook to Costa Rica and they were very good long haul. Had some tight fitting seats short haul. Could be the width of my bottom is the problem not the width of the seat.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 11:57:37 AM »
Well that sounds just about perfect Joycie and not dissimilar to what we have planned for Shaun's 50th in May.

On his actual birthday we will be on Adems boat (Yildiz3). I's not a private hire and so far 6 of us are booked on, so if anyone fancies joining us, PM me. We will then do Alternativ at night and we too are off for an overnighter in Meis/Kastellorizo/Megisti/Meyisti or what ever its bloomin' called. This was supposed to be top secret but he wheedled the info out of me while I was weak and under the influence.  ::)

So roll summer and on good times for us all.  8)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »
Sounds great Lizi. It's been really exciting planning my 70th. I have to keep saying 70 to convince myself and I don't want to be as miserable as I was on my 40th.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 03:22:43 PM »
Joycie what lovely birthday celebrations you are going to have to look forward to, imagine you are very excited and will look forward to hearing all about it.

We are lucky enough to be able to be spending much more time in Kalkan this year, and have lots planned, including helping Lizilu and Shaun celebrate his birthday  :D :D :D :D.

We absolutely loved staying over on Meis last summer, and are looking forward to going again in May especially as it is a celebration, which was supposed to be a surprise wasn't it Lizilu!  ;D ;D ;D

Jayne & Bob

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 03:53:49 PM »
We've been to Meis a couple of times for days out and the last time every cat in Greece joined us for our lunch
Never stopped over before and even now the choices are becoming limited because it's booked up. Not sure if you'd get anything on spec so chose the safe option and booked.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »
Yes Joycie you have definitely made the right decision to book something before you go.   :D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 06:16:32 PM »
Oh joycie, I laughed out loud at the shirt haul  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Lovely to hear all about your plans for your 70th - I'm sure you will have a great time! You too Lizilu with your toyboy! may is just around the corner
I'm really fancying an overnight stay in Meis...might look at that next year. Let us know all about it guys.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 06:56:43 PM »
Meis is lovely but give Kekova a thought as a stopover too. It's totally different once all the boats have stopped and there's some lively places to eat.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 08:19:18 AM »
Wow Joycie that sounds fantastic!  And Lizzie - what fab plans for Automan's big day!  You know Alternatif can put on a decent do!  Watch out for that foam stuff - it gets everywhere!!!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 09:07:17 PM »
The cat's out of the bag lizilu?! All these birthday plans sound brill........can't wait for the holiday blogs to start!  :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

London skyline

Views: 2293
By: headroom
kalkan sunset.JPG