Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20 - Fun In The Sun!  (Read 23712 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20 - Fun In The Sun!
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2016, 08:24:23 AM »
Sunday 28/08/16

Well its our last day today as we fly home tomorrow and back to reality. I'm very much looking forward to seeing our family but not to the devastation that awaits us from our pooch. OH takes him to work with him every day and other than an odd few hours when we go out with put him, he is never on his own. He usually goes to the kennels but stayed at home with our daughter in April which was great, so we decided to do the same again this summer. On.y difference being that she now has a car and a summer job, so he's been left on his own a little more often, but not more than 4 hours at a time. In these times he has been pining and had destroyed his bedding and the kitchen architrave surrounding the door. I feel so guilty.  :( . He used to destroy his bedding at the kennels but he's never scratched at the door surround before or caused any destruction to our home. I've seen photos and it's not pretty so a job for OH when we get back and lots of cuddles for Charlie.

Friday.

A funtime Friday was very much enjoyed with Bob and Jayne and lots of fizzy lizzie fun in the sun. So much so that we really paid the price yesterday morning. No blog as my head was banging and I was feeling very under the weather. We were supposed to meet Bob and Jayne at moonlight but we were still in kleo on metaxa following a fantastic meal at doy doy. As they'd gone home, we thought we'd nip up to the Pirat to see the guys there and guess What?  We ended up crashing another r birthday party and stayed up eating cake and revelling until the early hours.  ::)

Yesterday was a very relaxing day, it had to be, I could hardly move without my body feeling as though I should be going the opposite way. I hate hangovers and no hair of the dog until late on last evening. We enjoyed a fab lunch at the yelken and I walloped a num num burger down with fizzy water which seemed to do the trick and perked me up no end. OH took himself off to town for a haircut, shave and massage, then watched the first half of the Burnley match at the moonlight bar as me and our daughter had some girlie time around the pool. He came back feeling refreshed from his pampering and looking like my silver fox again.

Last night we dined at Baharat and we were amazed to see the lovely Tarsin (sp?),  Kadir's cousin, who used to work at kaya, then the bakery. He jumped out at us and said "surprise" and we nearly choked on our drinks. He said he got fed up of the heat in the bakery so now works in Baharat and seems to be enjoying it. We had a lovely meal and enjoyed watching the waiters adorn customers with crowns and medieval style hats for comedy photos. Sadly we didn't get chance which was a relief for our daughter who is fed up of our antics as we were meeting Bob and Jayne for a date with Aklan at yakamoz. What a treat, 3 Saturdays listening to his gravelly, mellow tones. If you've never listened to him before, you must seek him out while in kalkan.
So, a perfect end to the day.

I've packed the cases bar the toiletries so that we can enjoy our last day of fun in the sun with Bob and Jayne and will fill you in on our last day when I get the chance. I'm panicking a bit as no bags bought yet. I jest you not, I woke up at 6.30am with a feeling of dread, will there be a purchase this year?

To be continued ...

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2016, 08:33:01 AM »
Really enjoyed reading your reports Lizzie.......so much fun and frolics..Thanks for posting them...enjoy your remaining time and safe trip home...........Babs...there are worse things in life than " loving as a goat "
................................................................................
holiday lettings http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/9407
o direct    http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8154298
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 08:54:05 AM by Mayday1 »

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2016, 08:50:00 AM »
You've got to do a bag hunt, Lizzie!!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2016, 04:41:12 PM »
Oh Lizzie your reports have been fabulous and so put me in the mood for our holiday which starts on the 5th. Have a safe journey.xx

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2016, 05:30:04 PM »
I'm sure you can manage just one bag Lizilu!  :laugh:
Mayday......it was supposed to say living as a goat!!  ;D but as I said a very long story!
Enjoy your last Ab Fab evening......try not to get up to too much mischief......and if you do I want to see evidence on Facebook!

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2016, 06:23:11 PM »
Hi Babs......i know it was supposed to say.... living etc but i prefer " loving like a goat ".

......................................................................................
o direct    http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8154298
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 06:25:07 PM by Mayday1 »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2016, 08:41:54 AM »
Ahem! I've seen those Goats up in the mountains....dirty little beggars ! that's why they have funny eyes  >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2016, 10:33:59 AM »
I have always said........." nanny knows how to enjoy herself "

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2016, 11:09:52 AM »
Does this mean that "The Men Who Stare at Goats" (2009) was conceived in Kalkan?
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2016, 12:00:24 PM »
Im keeping quiet Chris

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2016, 12:13:49 PM »
Just love the holiday reports
Thanks for sharing with us all

Jon

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2016, 08:54:17 PM »
Thanks EK Jon for changing the subject.....all getting out of hand!  ;D ;D

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2016, 12:20:07 PM »
That's the joy of forums - it's like being down the pub / dinner party - the subject just drifts away and then comes back again. ;D

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2016, 02:40:43 PM »
Yes thank you for sharing Lizilu, even though I was with you, have loved reading your blog! xx

Offline janeb

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2016, 06:42:56 PM »
Really really enjoyed your posts. Thank you so much for sharing your fun filled holiday with us.  :)

Offline Sallyjane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2016, 06:48:53 PM »
Really loved reading all your reports and made the wait for my holiday so much more bearable!  ;) It sounds like you and your partner in crime had the best time!
2 more sleeps for me and will be back in my 'happy place' for the 5th time cannot wait!

Offline Mrs M!

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
  • Holiday Junkie!
    • Share Post
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2016, 07:56:46 PM »
Brilliant reports - thank you! You've really whetted my appetite for our forthcoming visit to celebrate me turning **!!!!!!
Lou :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2016, 05:54:44 PM »
Well, I'm waiting with baited breath...bag or no bag? That is the question!

As always, I have loved reading your reports an enjoying your holiday vicariously...sounds like you had a great time. I've decided you're Patsy and Jayne is Eddi because she was having a fairly temperate holiday until you arrived and quickly changed all that. Plus, if there's a party going, Patsy/Lizilu can sniff it out from any distance. I rest my case ;)

Shame about the Kalamar Hotel...that's the thing about some businesses in Kalkan wanting to recoup their losses by charging those that have remained loyal to the town even more than usual. We very nearly booked to stay there for a few days next year but settled on the Happy Hotel because they were quick to respond to requests and offered a good price. I'm still waiting to hear back from Kalamar Hotel :-\ As long as they run their business along those lines, they will be charging non-residents for sunbeds, sadly.

Thanks for posting, Lizilu...who's up next? Joycie? Skunk? Babs not far behind now...September is a popular month, someone can surely take over the baton..?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2016, 06:02:55 PM »
Wednesday 31/08/16

Ah well, all things come to an end and so did our wonderful fun in the sun holiday. Thanks so much to you all for showing your appreciation and lovely comments. Back at work for 2 days now and 2 loads of washing down, I can finally find a bit of time to transport me back into holiday mode and deliver our final holiday report. Sorry it's taken me so long. Hope it's worth the wait.  :)

Sunday 28/08/16

As Shirl so eloquently described our last "fun day", I won't go into detail other than we had a marvelous day at the Asfiya. Those sun loungers are just the job and I have to say, they are awarded the gold medal for comfort and soporific qualities. It was a very bittersweet day, wanting to have fun with the gang but also knowing that we weren't to meet up for a while was emotional, also both the boys were poorly. My OH with a raging ear infection, green gunge leaking from it, and Bob with a swollen eye to match Shirl's earlier swollen lip did dampen our spirits a little. OH also had a dodgy tummy too but bar one incident where he just in the nick of time avoided finding another use for the sun cream bag, all was well and we had a really lovely last afternoon together.

Even better was our last evening and naughty Shirl only skimmed over this part so I will elaborate  ;D

Our evening started off at Bob and Jaynes apartment where I kissed my Walter goodbye along with half a bottle of gin and other bits and bobs that our lovely friends are storing for us. Bob and Shirl skipped into the pharmacy and I skipped into simply chic. By the time Bob was sorted out with his drops, I was sorted out with 2 handbags, just as I was about to concede defeat! I'd been trawling the bag shops and either couldn't find anything I really liked or wasn't happy with the price or color and then suddenly there they were. A 'mulberry tessie' tote and a Turkish non designer beautiful blingy gold, silver and bronze tote, just up my street. Shirl was amazed at my speed spending and looked at me in awe  :o
She even lugged my cardboard carrier (despite my protests) all the way to our next venue, the Likya Pavillion, I felt like the Queen of Sheba. What a lovely friend, she was trying to save my knees as they've been really quite painful this holiday.  :-* note the boys didn't offer  ::) where we were greeted with mojito shots on a silver tray held by a waiter at the entrance. Fab! Let the Funtime begin! And it did, well at 19lira for a bottle of wine and buy one get one free bomonti, it would be rude not to join in.  ;)

Thankfully the boys were feeling better and even our daughter was animated for a change (probably thanking the Lord this holiday with her lush like boring parents was coming to an end and soon she could go back to her own beloved bat cave of a back bedroom at home) and we laughed all the way through happy hour(s)  ;D
Hmm making our way back to town was tricky as Shirl and I did the 3 legged race along the rough and rocky road by indigo. Whose idea was it to play knock a door run on the camper van Shirl?  ??? ::) don't come a knockin' when the van is a rockin' especially when your knees are arthritic and you forget you can't even run for a bus anymore. We were told off by the boys and our daughter and hung our heads in shame. But not for long  :D

Our final meal at wapiano (again) was deeelicious! Lovely food at fantastic prices. I had the Antakya lamb and it was melt in the mouth yummy. Whose idea was it to ask for dancing for dessert Shirl?  ???
What a fab night we had. Shirl had the steely glint of determination in her eye again and before I could blink she was up strutting her stuff on the dance floor. Hang on, Deja vu, what dance floor?? No matter, with Shirl in control of the sound system and Emre the waiter as her dancing partner we danced our socks off. Even had a belly dancing lesson from one of the owners Turkish friends who I may add was awesome, we certainly weren't but that night, in our minds we could have given pans people, legs and co and hot gossip a run for their money.  ;D what an Ab Fab finale we had and a fantastic end to our respective holidays. I desperately hope we can repeat it again next year. We definitely enjoyed fun in the sun and met some lovely new friends in the process.

So until next time, that's all folks, apart from to say, please don't be put off coming to Kalkan. There's enough doom and gloom in this world today and Kalkan needs people like us who appreciate the fantastic Turkish hospitality that Kalkan offers year in and year out. Despite hard times, our Turkish friends have gone out of their way yet again to ensure we have had another fantastic holiday, with experiences and memories to warm our souls as we prepare for a chilly autumn, winter and spring ahead...and then we can do it all again  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2016, 07:10:23 PM »
What a brilliant and Ab Fab holiday you and Shirl had......and your OHs and batgirl of course ( does she know we all know you call her that?) Roll on next year.
So as K4E says, who's next?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal