Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20 - Fun In The Sun!  (Read 23715 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20 - Fun In The Sun!
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2016, 11:38:04 AM »
Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it ha ha  ;D ;) ;D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2016, 01:57:37 PM »
Oh dear.....plenty of time to think about that when you're home!  :laugh: I am currently on strict diet in order to lose weight before Kalkan in 7 weeks time, obviously so I can put it back on once I get there!!
We once stayed at a pub in the Lake District (not at all relevant but I want to set the scene) one evening one of the owners large dobermans relieved itself on one of the seats.....we just didn't know what to say when someone came in and sat there......so obviously said nothing!!  ;D

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2016, 05:59:52 PM »
Yet another excellent report Lizilu20...........I can understand why you couldn't suppress a smile with the manic behaviour on the other boat........the Captain will probably think twice before taking on this group in the future😊😊

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2016, 05:40:36 AM »
Fab post Lizilu, and yes it was very funny watching the antics on that other boat, and as for the diet, yes! but we're on holiday, so start when we get home lol!  ;D

Jx

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2016, 08:32:26 AM »
Monday 22 ;D/08/16

Well we are entering into our last week now so I'm determined to savour every minute. Poor OH has had a really nasty virus, starting with an ear infection,  a mouth full of ulcers and an upper respiratory infection. I had a bad back when we arrived and now I have a chin full of spots. The pair of us have put on weight and our clothes are straining at the seams. He also has a few nasty Mossie bites and I have none. What a handsome couple we make   ;D   Maybe they are savouring his infection addled blood, a delicacy in mossie world? He sprays every night with DEET and I don't. Sometimes I think that you work so hard in preparation for a holiday you run yourself into the ground and I think this is what's happened to him.  He's almost back on form now and as i write, he is rustling me up a breakfast fit for a king. The eggs are on and I can smell the toast burning  ::) then i hear the sound of the toast going in the bin.  ;D the galloping gourmet is now bringing the jams and preserves out  goody! It's no wonder the weight is piling on is it really.  :o

Yesterday we had a really lazy day. We lounged by the pool, only breaking to shuffle down the steps to the yelken bistro, for a delicious lunch. The quality of food is amazing and of an evening it's usually full of diners. We continued  the theme after lunch and flopped back on to our loungers for a siesta in the shade. Bliss.

Last night we firstly got our daughters hair braided at the salon down the hill from fotos pizza as we've been promising her this for a while. We enjoyed a swift aperitif in moonlight as the sun fell from the sky and dined at moussaka.  As delicious as ever and quite full too. Mehmet was saying that his regular customers are keeping them busy but not much new trade, so if you're reading this as a newbie and fancy a treat, you won't be disappointed. This probably is the same for most of the restaurants unfortunately this season.

We finished off our night with cocktails at black and gold. Very reasonable with the VIP discount and something a little different.

Arriving home I  crashed out on the bed, trying and not succeeding very well to peel my clothes off which were stuck to me in the cloying muggy heat. It's so tiring this holiday lark.

And so breakfast awaits as I finish today's installment. This is the life!  :) :) 8)

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2016, 10:30:36 AM »
So, just what are the qualifications for a Black and Gold 'Very Inebriated Practitioner' Discount Card? >:D >:D

{Other acronym interpretations are available…}
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2016, 05:50:04 PM »
aah Lizilu, don't think of it as your last week, think about it as your apertiv for next year... :-*

Just catching up with the blogs, sounds like you are having a great time and why wouldn't you be? So sorry Automan's been under the weather, pretty awful to be unwell on holiday. I would have zero sympathy if I was there though...I'd be the first one telling BH to "Man Up" and frequently do.
I'd love to know the secret of the mosquito bites..why some people remain completely untouched and other look like a pox has descended upon them (as Shakespeare might say..)
Enjoy the rest of the week...its a tough job but someone's got to do it!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2016, 07:40:20 AM »
Tuesday 23/08/16

Thanks for all your comments everyone. Much appreciated  :-*

So, after stuffing my face at breakfast yesterday we decided to have a change of scenery and headed towards the harbour and on to Indigo beach club. First time there and we loved it. It was very quiet when we got there and we had virtually the pick of the front row sun beds. The staff were very helpful and gave us a guided tour. 10 lira for a sunbed and pay at the end, waiter service and tea and cake approx 4pm.

We really loved it here. The view was amazing and the sun loungers were really comfy with big deep cushions. There were also massive pillows to flop on for the best of both worlds. I had it sussed - sun bed in the shade and pillow in the sun.  Perfect, and the best bit of all, no thin slippery ladders, proper steps to descend all ladylike  into the deep blue sea. It was also fun watching the watersports next door but it did make the sea a bit choppy for swimming in. Lunch was delicious and very filling. I had a beautiful tuna nicoise salad with deli style anchovies in a little bowl at the side. OH and batgirl enjoying huge chicken sandwiches and chips.
The only downside was the bill at the end of the day. I think I was treating it a bit like all inclusive and ordering G&T's like they were going out of fashion.  ::) I think the total bill came to something like 270 lira so maybe next time I'll just drink water in stead of being a lush. Fab day though.
We ended our day at aubergine enjoying happy hour and watching a gorgeous little toddler pushing a plastic box around as though it was a walking push along and then 'oliver reed' (sorry don't know his name but I mean the lovely kind man from the supermarket across) gave him the  hosepipe he was using to wash the street down and the fun certainly started then. That hosepipe was like a snake being charmed from it basket! We quickly downed our drinks and made a narrow escape before being drenched.  ;D

We decided to eat at hunkar last night after our daytime over indulgence but it was so busy that we carried on up,to Ata. It was very good and amazingly cheap. It worked out about £25.00 with drinks included,  but I think I preferred hunkar to be honest. Maybe because I'm just used it there. It was lovely to meet haybo and family too.
And then it was time for some Ab fab fun with Shirl and Bob at Marleys and this deserves a post of its own, so I'm going to leave you in suspense until later, with a little spoiler - picture the scene, me Shirl and a motorbike....
 :o ::)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2016, 07:51:01 AM »
Well all I can say is I'm laughing out loud as I read your post. Brilliant, but maybe not so brilliant am I feeling this morning!

;D ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2016, 11:38:48 AM »
Not drunkedness on the motorbike in Marleys by any chance...? Looking for the photos on social media as I type this...

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2016, 01:45:53 PM »
The young lad that looks like jesus in Marleys used to hose his motorbike down outside Marleys every evening about 5 ish..he used to just be in his swimmers and the old Turkish ladies over the road at hunker used to do a nudge nudge to each other just like Les Dawsons two old ladies...you haven't broken his bike have you like the sunbed ?:o
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2016, 07:56:26 PM »
Sounds like another fab day and must try the Indigo. The list is now very long but we will fit it in somehow. Meanwhile we have been arranging transport from Isle of Wight to Gatwick - taxi looks cheaper than train so that's good with Southern trains doing it's usual high quality thing.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2016, 07:32:26 AM »
Thursday 25/08/16

Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days but it's been all go here.  8)
BL that story made me imagine a diet coke moment for those Turkish ladies, how funny.  ;D

So Monday night at Marleys, what a hoot. I was tired and dragged myself up those steps, but I soon perked up as Shirl was in partaay mode and she was simply infectious! I'm afraid I caught her bug too which can be dangerous as you already know.  ;D I caught her out of the corner of my eye, throwing shapes with her arms and from past experience, when she does this, she means business! OH thought she was demonstrating virtual knitting but I knew what the script was here. Arms moving, feet a tapping, beady eyes focused on the motorbike which was teasing her and just begging to be a prop on one of our AB fab moments and before I could blink, she got me in a half Nelson and dragged me up on the dance floor. "Shirl,  there's no dance floor" I protested. "Yes there is, I can see it", she  insisted, she turned looked at me straight between the eyes, "it's next to the motorbike" she said mischievously, and the rest is history. After a few token gestures throwing ourselves about in a drunken attempt at strictly ballroom, we were mounted on that bike and Jayne was riding it as though our lives depended upon it (I rode pillion). Oh what a laugh, I nearly cried/wet myself! We also met a lovely group of ladies who joined in the fun and dancing and we had a fab night,

Tuesday as Jayne has already mentioned we threw ourselves into the warm bath that is the sea right now at patara and visited the magnificent dunes, knowing exactly where to go now after all those years of not being being able to find them.
Then onto the kulube where I got chatting to sibel from simply chic. So funny, she took a photo of her hand adorned with lovely bracelets and posted on social media. In between her fingers are Bob and OH, go check it out! What a lovely hotel the kulube is but the pool is a seawater pool and very salty. Fab to swim in though.
We had a takeaway that night and stayed in, I needed to catch up with the washing and ended up in bed by 10ish, needing to be refreshed for our trip with captain abdi on pina x in the morning.

Yesterday was a fantastic day but I'm paying get the price today.  Burnt to a crisp, at least my high forehead is grrrr  :( 8)
I can highly recommend pina x, beautiful boat and amazing food. We were also on with a lovely crowd of people which included aTurkish family who took to me and we had lovely chats with the help of their 12 year old daughter who spoke fantastic English. Over lunch we learned the words for every dish on the table and it was groaning with delicious food. A very funny moment when we were were chatting to some ladies when we were explaining why our daughter wasn't with us as she has terrible motion sickness, she decided to stay in the cave and catch up with important stuff like big brother and pretty little liars???  ???
So the conversation went something like,  she has severe motion sickness so thought it best to stay at home. Ladies, " how old is she" me "15" ladies "ahh" and gave each other and odd look. Turns out later, they told us they thought I had said morning sickness!! No wonder they looked a bit odd at me. OH nearly choked on his efes!
Far too soon  the day had ended, Bob caught 3 huge mackerel, unfortunately one got away, and we made our weary way back up,the hill.

Last night we dined at the marina which was as delicious as ever and dragged ourselves around a few shops before calling it a night.

Today is another road trip with Bob and Jayne so I'd better go and get  myself in gear.  ::)  :P  ;)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2016, 11:49:02 AM »
Really enjoying your reports, Lizilu. I've seen the photos in Marleys and you didnt disgrace yoursleves - in fact you both look AbFab :)
Hope you are having a great day today.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »
Fab reports sitting here giggling at your exploits when I should be sorting through the mountain of KALKAN wear covering the bed and bedroom floor have the enviable task of deciding what to take. Usually pack and unpack a minimum of three times, ever decisive. Well have until next Wednesday night. Back to your fun in the sun, must say you and Shirl make me and my OH look like lightweights and that's saying something, thought we were the middle aged behaving badly, looks like we'll have to up our game to keep up with your antics. Well keep up the hilarious exploits, looking forward to another chuckle and a good excuse to put off the dreaded sorting. By the way where is wapiano, sounds good value just the ticket.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2016, 03:21:00 PM »
Thanks ladies. Another lovely day today that I'll report back on later. Wapiano is down the road opposite the moonlight bar and take the first left. It's the first restaurant and guven the former greeter from chillies is now the greeter there. Used to be agora. Next to Zula.  :) now get back to that packing  ;D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2016, 08:47:10 AM »
Friday 26/08/16

A lazy pool day today methinks after our on the go whistle stop tour yesterday.

As Shirl has mentioned we started off at the market where we stocked up on spices, ugg slippers, olive oil body cream, yelken lemon spray and the obligatory DVD's. We also bought some wonderfully tasting cheese and red pepper paste. It was a very sweaty stroll as usual in the summer heat but not very busy so at least we weren't packed in like sardines.

Quickly dumped our purchases back at base, checked on our cave dweller and we were off, on our way to Kas via the mountain route we discovered by accident last year. OH driving and Bob navigating, us girls were redundant so we giggled and gossiped all the way which took our minds off the sheer drops at the side of us. Up we climbed until we were on a level with the paragliders and suddenly there it was, that breathtaking views of Kas,  Meis and the islands. Wow! We stopped for some pics and then down the winding mountain pass and on into Kas.  We struggled to park but managed to find a very good spot just behind the square and our bellies were telling us that it was time for lunch. We all fancied pide, and so good they were too, accompanied by a greek salad with walnuts and washed down with efes and soft drinks for Jayne and OH.

Next stop was a tour around the peninsular as Bob and Jayne had never been there before, and a quick stop off at the beach. One side is the lagoon and as still and calm as a pond and the other is the open sea with a refreshing breeze, the road separating the two. Just a quick paddle and then back home via the coastal road to kalkan. No stop at kaputas as it was heaving.
Quick stop at home to collect our daughter and on to our final stop at the kalamar hotel for a lounge and a swim in their beautiful infinity  pool to watch the sun setting over kalamar bay.

We checked with reception if it was OK to use the facilities as we have previously and yes, it was fine. We assured them we would buy drinks etc.
Oh it was lovely, we had frozen melon shots and ice cold flannels to cool us down, on the house and that beautiful pool. There was relaxing music on the sound system and we were in paradise.
Until it was time to go home.
OH paid for my wine as when he ordered it earlier they weren't sure of the price, and then came the sting. They wouldn't let us leave without paying 15 lira each for use of the sun loungers. Bear in mind this was not mentioned at reception, we were ripping. Not really at the amount, although it's considerably more than say, Indigo beach club, but that we weren't informed of this at reception then we could have made a choice whether to stay. Apparently it's a new charge this summer but I'm sure it's going to put people off. The hotel was very quiet and we were spending good money at the bar. We were even talking of returning today for lunch but OH has bow refused to step foot in there again. He and Bob requested to speak to the manager but no manager available. No signs about the charge and nothing on the website.
We were very disappointed and when  we got home, OH put a very fair review on the Facebook page, the only criticism being the charge - it was immediately removed!!!!
So if any of you fancy spending a really lovely afternoon there just check first if the charge is still in force as you'll need to budget this into your day. :(

So a bit dejected we showered and set of for dinner. Where to tonight? We had no plans, so after drowning our sorrows in moonlight we ended up at gourmet. Just the job and cheered us up no end. I had my usual who let the chickens out and it was as delicious as ever. OH had a very spicy but delicious chilli chicken dish and our daughter (who hasn't featured much in these reports due to stasis in the batcave) had fajitas followed by the amazing and gooey chocolate avalanche. No red wine thrown over me as happened last year,  thank goodness,  and we made our way home, feeling a lot better than we did at the start of the evening.

Today is a new day and a very hot one too. Sky is a bit hazy but the sun is shining and all is well.
Let funtime Friday commence!  8)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2016, 10:02:08 PM »
The only time we did a mountain tour I thought I was going to have to spend the rest of my life loving as a goat.....but that's a long story!  ;D
Shame about the charge at the hotel, you would think they would be glad of the business?
Enjoy the rest of you time Lizilu!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2016, 12:55:14 AM »
Brilliant post Lizzie. Liked the idea of Jayne and the motorbikes! Sounds like a few be vies were had by all. Xxx

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2016, 06:04:01 AM »
There were a fair few Caroline  8) Marley's is fun, you'll have to pay a visit there!  :D

Great post Lizzie, can't wait for the next one!!  ::) ::)

Sx

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Cool Mountain Air

Views: 4129
By: jinfizzz
my little friend!