Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20 aged 48 3/4!  (Read 20177 times)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20 aged 48 3/4!
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 06:12:28 PM »
Just read this Lizzie! hilarious!

Jayne  ;D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 08:43:20 AM »
BubblesG....it was meant to say epilating! silly auto correct!  :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 09:58:23 AM »
Friday April 4th

Its K DAY!!!!!!  8) :) :laugh:

Hey we are bock on - I've only just realised. Sorry for the temporary absence.
The last few days have been a frenzy of spring cleaning ( both the house and my wintry neglected  body), making lists, ticking them off and making even more lists, washing, ironing and at long last  - the packing!! I'm happy to report back to HQ that the packing is done, bar the contraband (lurpack, bacon and sausages) which will be secreted in the lightest case and tucked up in a tea towel and a carrier bag between our smalls.

I dusted off the epiladay last weekend but couldn't pluck up the courage to actually use it until a couple of days ago. It then took me 2 days to do half a leg. I'd let the hair grow freely for rather a long time and maybe it was too long 'cause boy oh boy I think child birth would have been preferable than the pain I was in.  :o
For you blokes out there, maybe it's the same principle as in don't let your lawn get too long before you mow - you get the idea  ???
Anyway, last night, I sat down with a stiff Jack Daniels and managed to shift the lot. Both legs are now as soft as a newborn baby, in fact, I'm surprised I didn't slide out of bed last night without the Velcro like stubble that once was adorning my pins - just hope the red dotty rash calms down a bit!
I once saw Shania Twain on a chat show and she said that real women don't shave over winter, so if it's good enough for her...

Anyway, let's get back on track. I'm sat at my desk in between patient's writing this and wishing the hands on the clock would hurry up and turn a bit quicker until 11.30 when I'm outta this joint!
Hopefully, next entry will be from Kalkan  8)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 10:17:43 AM »
Mr Lizard is proud of you!! Bacon & Sausages!!..but wrapped up with your smalls?? don't think I'd like to wear pork pants!! :o ;D And Shania Twain Is so proud of her beard she has become the 4Th member of ZZ Top :angel:
anyway...safe journey to you and yours ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 10:28:53 AM »
All this epilating and defoliating - I'm wondering if the Barber's outside the PTT isn't missing a trick with a bigger market share and thus a bigger cabin!
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 10:30:15 AM »
Thanks BL, my chest is all puffed up now with your kind words  ;D and thanks to all for your comments, I've been having  a good laugh catching up with the thread. Have a great time in Seville Babs and good luck with the work situation.  :)

Chris_S, maybe a new business venture there. I'll check out the premises and see if he fancies a job share!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:32:15 AM by Lizilu20 »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »
Soohhh excited for your next post.
Safe, event-free journey over to paradise :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »
Thanks lizilu......happy to say we are off to the airport in a couple of hours and also happy to say I got a job!! phew!
looking forward to hearing all about your holiday....assuming some kind person can help me get on to this forum on my ipad.......thats all I am taking with me.......well technology wise!  ;D ;D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 03:12:05 PM »
Saturday April 5th

Well we are here again after a rather turbulent flight from Manchester. I daren't post this earlier as Jayne (as in Bob & Jayne) might have read it and I didn't want to worry her. Poor Lucie our youngest had her head in a sick bag all the way and had such a tight grip on my hand that it took a while for the circulation to return! I still managed to drink my wine but unable to multi task and read my book so had to buy some headphones and watch Thor and Frozen instead!

I slept throughout the transfer and missed my favourite view as you sweep around the bend and see the familiar twinkling lights of town and the buildings hugging the horseshoe bay. I love seeing the stars reflecting and shimmering on the sea and always have a lump in my throat at this point. Unfortunately it was a snore rather than a lump at stupid o'clock this morning. We booked our transfers through Alper at egerentals and our hire car was waiting for us at the apartments when we arrived. It was a really smooth transfer (must have been as I never usually fall asleep) and we can highly recommend him.
A swift nightcap and we turned in for the night. The apartment is really lovely, it's on the kalamar road quite close to cafe vita and has fab views of kalamar bay.

Today has been a mixed day weather wise. Lovely and warm in the sun but there's a cold breeze in the air and I'm sure we felt a few spots of rain earlier. We were sat in our bikinis (not OH  :o ) at the time so it's really not that bad  8)

We dined at chillies for brunch and I had my favourite menemen which was yummy. One chicken durum kebab, one full English, one omelette and a round of drinks for 68tl.
OH wanted to get his hair cut as he's been cultivating it ready for a good trim but it was closed so he'll try later. This afternoon we have mooched about aimlessly, still groggy from our late night but I think the girls have just got a new lease of life as they are behind me right now as I type, performing "let it go" from frozen with a J2O bottle for a microphone!

We are off to musskka tonight to meet friends and then Bob and JAyne arrive later, so hoping to manage a nightcap with them before bedtime.

Happy days are here again!!  :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:15:07 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 10:03:22 PM »
Hi Lizzy

Glad you all arrived safely, albeit a bit shaken up from your bumpy flight. Can't believe it's come around so quickly. It doesn't seem five minutes ago that we were both posting from Kalkan last August!

Anyway, will look forward to tuning in each day to hear all about your holiday exploits  :)

Have fun and please try to send us  some sun with your posts as its been foul here today  and doesn't look much better for tomorrow:(

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2014, 12:12:13 AM »
Glad you are there safe and sound.......looking forward to hearing all about your stay :)

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2014, 09:29:18 AM »
Saturday April 5th

Well we are here again after a rather turbulent flight from Manchester. I daren't post this earlier as Jayne (as in Bob & Jayne) might have read it and I didn't want to worry her. Poor Lucie our youngest had her head in a sick bag all the way and had such a tight grip on my hand that it took a while for the circulation to return! I still managed to drink my wine but unable to multi task and read my book so had to buy some headphones and watch Thor and Frozen instead!

I slept throughout the transfer and missed my favourite view as you sweep around the bend and see the familiar twinkling lights of town and the buildings hugging the horseshoe bay. I love seeing the stars reflecting and shimmering on the sea and always have a lump in my throat at this point. Unfortunately it was a snore rather than a lump at stupid o'clock this morning. We booked our transfers through Alper at egerentals and our hire car was waiting for us at the apartments when we arrived. It was a really smooth transfer (must have been as I never usually fall asleep) and we can highly recommend him.
A swift nightcap and we turned in for the night. The apartment is really lovely, it's on the kalamar road quite close to cafe vita and has fab views of kalamar bay.

Today has been a mixed day weather wise. Lovely and warm in the sun but there's a cold breeze in the air and I'm sure we felt a few spots of rain earlier. We were sat in our bikinis (not OH  :o ) at the time so it's really not that bad  8)

We dined at chillies for brunch and I had my favourite menemen which was yummy. One chicken durum kebab, one full English, one omelette and a round of drinks for 68tl.
OH wanted to get his hair cut as he's been cultivating it ready for a good trim but it was closed so he'll try later. This afternoon we have mooched about aimlessly, still groggy from our late night but I think the girls have just got a new lease of life as they are behind me right now as I type, performing "let it go" from frozen with a J2O bottle for a microphone!

We are off to musskka tonight to meet friends and then Bob and JAyne arrive later, so hoping to manage a nightcap with them before bedtime.

Happy days are here again!!  :)

Love Chillies, love their menemen. Sadik arranged for the chef to give us a menemen cookery lesson last year.
If you go back there say hi to Sadik, Ewan, Ufuk & Dolphin from "Peter abi". We'll see them in September.

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2014, 03:11:37 PM »
Monday April 7th

Sorry for the hiatus yesterday but the day just flew by and before I knew it it was bedtime!

On Saturday night we ventured down to the harbour. We weren't sure what we would find re the the state of the roads but managed to drive down cardiac hill and park opposite the Pirat. We took the short cut, down by chillies so hadn't yet seen what what was happening on the main road down by the taxi rank. Horror of horrors - marina restaurant was closed for business! This really put a damper on our hols as the marina is always open and we wanted to book a table for Sunday night. Not to worry, on we sauntered to kleo for pre mussakka drinks. Another horror of horrors - no diet coke for my Bacardi! Just have to have full fat then and not give a damn  :P

We met up with some friends at mussakka and had a lovely meal. I really craved the creamy chicken livers but didn't want a starter and mains, so Mehmet very kindly agreed to serve me the chicken livers as a main with veg.  I was in my element - back in Kalkan, back in mussakka and stuffing my face with gorgeous food.  :)
Our bill was really reasonable, the others had steak, pasta and mixed grill, 2 rounds of drinks and a milkshake for around £200.00 TL.

We got back to the apartment and had a night cap and I did a double take. There were 2 bottles of gin in the fridge?? We had only bought one on the plane as a 2 for £20.00 deal along with Morgan spiced, then I remembered about the turbulence. The cabin crew were backwards and forwards with the trolley as we were bouncing up and down and inadvertently slipped us an extra bottle of gin into our duty free bag!! Yippee  :laugh:

Yesterday dawned and the sun was shining. Off we traipsed to cafe vita for a Turkish breakfast then dropped the sausages with our Kalkan  friends who had been licking their lips in anticipation! OH tried to get a much needed haircut but his favourite barbers was shut unfortunately. We then called in on Bob and Jayne for an emotional reunion and a wee beer or two ......to be continued  :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2014, 04:27:02 PM »
Thanks again guys for your lovely comments - I'll do my best to get you all in the mood for your Kalkan hols when your turn comes around. PW, I'll definitely pass on your message if we go back to chillies  :-\

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2014, 06:25:03 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to post, Lizilu. Sounds like you are having a great time and certainly getting me in the mood for our Kalkan trip - which is still over two months away  :(
The weather looks fantastic on the webcams given that April can be a bit changeable - enjoy the rest of your stay and keep your reports coming when you have the time.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2014, 07:32:06 PM »
Much enjoying your blog, lizilu.  Like others it is getting me in the mood for my next visit - must wait until June.

I think it is great you ended up with another bottle of gin but as I hate turbulence I can't decide whether I would trade it for the gin.   Given you had no choice I hope you enjoy having an extra tipple or two.   I find g and ts seem to more or less evaporate in Kalkan.   I get the lovely chilled drink ready, have it in my hand, look at the view and strangely the next time I look at the glass it is empty, or very nearly.   Wonder if others have this problem with evaporating drinks in Kalkan...........//

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2014, 07:52:43 PM »
Yes enjoying your reports Lizilu..although I admit to being selfish..i don't take my phone(only take basic turk phone) ,I pad or go near a computer but love reading other peoples hols !! ;) keep em coming!
TL.....I don't suffer from evaporating drinks ..I drink them to fast ::)

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2014, 09:06:12 PM »
Hi Lizilu, My mouth is watering just thinking about  a meal in Mussakkas!

Wondering if Feners was open? Charlotte and I were only just talking  this morning about the ice creams and wondering how many we thought it was humanly possible to eat in a fortnight?  No doubt we will conduct our own research in July :)

Keep up the posts, you are giving us all a much needed Kalkan fix after a long wet winter  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2014, 09:59:49 PM »
Yes evaporating drinks....I've noticed that too  :) BH reckons when we are in Kalkan gremlins break in and not only replace our clothes with identical ones that are a size smaller, but they also drink all his Efes and leave the empties. I find this so funny that I laugh about it really loudly in restaurants...... :-*

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2014, 09:41:08 AM »
You have made me really chuckle Kalkan4eva, and I too might laugh out really loudly thinking about it when eating in kalkan  ;D ;D
Lynne

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal