Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Clock is Counting Down  (Read 9658 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: The Clock is Counting Down
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »
Living your reports  ;)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 08:31:57 AM »
Wednesday was a bit of a non day really, following Janet's dizzy spell at The Small House she was up & down a lot of the night being sick. It wasn't the food but I think she was dehydrated at bit as she'd not drunk much the day before & it was very hot. Hence we were both very tired so she curled up on a sofa and went to sleep while I sat in and kept watch over her along with one of the cats who strolled in & curled up and went to sleep at the other end of the sofa. Our friends decided to make their own way down the hill to do some shopping they'd seen as they've fallen in love with the old town and really enjoy wandering the side streets etc. we agreed to meet up for lunch at Fener. Once again it was a really hot day in glorious sunshine & still sea. I tried their mixed omelette while Janet went for something light in a pancake with honey, the others went for salads. Afterwards we walked along to MisSilver to pick up Janet's birthday present, funny how we always come out before her birthday & our anniversary, a nice necklace & bracelet from their titanium range that she'd seen on day 1. A bit more shopping on the way back up to the top then back to the villa to sit by the pool. I decided I needed a Turkish bath so went off to Atlantis for my luxurious fix, I do enjoy them. I then nipped down to see Ozay at the upper MisSilver to pick up a ring & bracelet as a surprise Christmas present for Janet.
We agreed at the start of the week that Brenda & Matt would choose our last night meal destination & I think they didn't hesitate when choosing Adam's, he's such a lovely man. I remembered to take his flower seeds this time which he was over the moon with so if you see some familiar flowers growing in his courtyard next year you will know who's fault it is. For starters I had Calamari while Brenda went for Hot Cheese which is cheese mixed with herbs then fried. For mains both Brenda & I had the Black & White steaks, Janet had a chicken dish while Matt went for Lamb Chops all were delicious as you'd expect. After 2 courses I was struggling so thought a fruit plate might be an easy way to finish the meal, wrong it was huge, Brenda went for Baklava as she'd nit tried any since we'd been out there. We were the only people there which is a shame for him, although 3 more turned up just as were leaving. We left to huge hugs from Adam and he gave us his card as Matt promised to send him some seed pods from their garden back home.
After a restless night thanks to the dogs being in a noisy mood and barking most of the night we were ready to set off. Nobody was hungry after the night before so we just had a cuppa and after a visit from 2 cats wanting our leftover milk we set off. Another hot day so we got as far as Fethiye & I suggested we pitstop at Calis Beach for a drink & a snack. They've changed the parking down there so I couldn't stop by the water taxis but managed to find a place close to the prom, how different it is to Kalkan. After 2 Turkish Breakfasts & 2 scrambled egg on toasts we set off for our final journey to the airport. Luckily we got there in decent time & the check in queues weren't too long. I drew the short straw & ended up in the "kicking seat" with a young child behind me exercising her feet. Still I had plenty to watch on  my mp4  player so the 4 hours passed quickly. Amazingly immigration was empty when we got there and once through the bags were there too. Gatwick must have been having a good day. Home by 7 due to road works & traffic jams but hey ho. Now the washing marathon begins. Once I've downloaded all my photos I'll put some up on the gallery.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 01:04:57 PM »
Thanks so much for taking the time to report back. I've really enjoyed reading about your experiences ( and Janet's jewellery - lucky lady )
Glad you arrived home safe and sound and have fun planning next years trip!  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 01:05:30 PM »
welcome back to UK, Pompeyalbie.
Loved your reports and will really miss them...its getting awfully quiet on here, already :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 09:54:42 PM »
Thanks for these lovely reports, they've been great reading!

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 11:25:51 PM »
Great reports, thanks for sharing.
one tip for future trips... there is a laundry (near moonlight bar?) drop a load of washing there a couple of days before you leave and go home with next to no washing... or if in a villa, bang a load in the machine and dry at the villa as part of the holiday, I know at first this sounds just wrong, but arriving home with next to no washing is a real bonus....   
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong Iā€™m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2013, 05:53:35 PM »
Janet did 3 loads after we got home leaving 1 going overnight, it went out on the line the next morning while she was ironing the first 2 loads, Mrs Efficient.
Glad you enjoyed my ramblings, not as exciting as earlier visits as we've been to most places now & use it as a chilling holiday. Been busy adding restaurant reviews on Trip Advisor to help the owners. Speaking to Adam about his brother it seems he may be selling up, rent of 500,000TL plus 5,000tl wages for chef & other staff is proving difficult with so much competition in town. Not tried his place as I don't know which one it is.

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 11:09:06 PM »
Hi Pompeyalbie, Have only just caught up with your reports. Really enjoyed reading them. Glad you had a great holiday, but where did that week go?
Have had a lot on recently so haven't been logging on as much, but I have only just noticed that my last post didn't actually get posted? I can only guess that our internet was playing up at the time. Anyway, apologise to you as  I was replying to you re living on the Isle Of Wight and why we had gone via Lymington and not Portsmouth. You're absolutely right Portsmouth is more direct for Gatwick, it was simply that we were travelling to the airport with family who live near Lymington so it was  more convenient.

I'm sat here listening to the rain and wind waiting for "the storm". I hear that they have closed part of Portsmouth seafront off tonight. Bet you wish you were back in Kalkan? Lets hope it's not as bad as they are predicting.
Thanks again for taking the time to post your reports. It has brought some much needed sun into a very wet weekend!  :)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 04:07:55 PM »
Adem's brother Rami owns Rami's Roof terrace opposite Cafe Zula.  He has been there quite a while now but unfortunately for Rami the restaurant never seems that busy though his food is quite good.  So much competition I guess.  Sad to hear things haven't worked out for him.

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 06:02:22 PM »
We love Rami's place - visited it for the first time in May and went back again in September. We wished it'd been on our "must visit" list for longer!  Rami told us that he'll be looking for smaller premises for next year - like when he had the place which is now Sade. The property owner was made a rent offer he couldn't refuse and Rami couldn't match, hence the move.  I think the person taking it over is the greeter from Salt n Pepper whose name I can't remember for the life of me!  We'll certainly search Rami's new place out next May. Lovely food, great service and great value! :)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 10:47:09 PM »
I believe Sedat from S & P is taking it over and good luck to him for 2014.  Would love to know where Rami moves to as we also will pay him a visit. He's been in Kalkan a long time and is a lovely, genuine guy.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
the EK clock.

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 14, 2009, 03:35:34 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Counting down

Started by Automan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

232 Replies
Last post September 16, 2013, 07:58:53 PM
by Babs
xx
Counting Down the Days (Again!)

Started by Joeyloveskalkan on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

29 Replies
Last post April 11, 2014, 07:23:51 PM
by Irene
xx
5 Sleeps and Counting!

Started by littlebrowndog on Holiday Reports and Reviews

19 Replies
Last post September 26, 2016, 08:04:58 PM
by keith

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal