Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sun Sea & Storms  (Read 4878 times)

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Sun Sea & Storms
« on: October 01, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »
Well we got back from our trip this week.. And as usual we had the most amazing time.
We started our trip a little different this year as we flew to Antalya and stayed there for a couple of days. Made a nice change and the hotel was fantastic, but its not Kalkan... Nice to try the different food they have on offer though.

Drove to Kalkan on the coastal Rd and was surprised how quickly we did it, mind you I think OH has adopted the Turkish way of driving. And a few heated words was exchanged on route  ! Bet I'm not alone there though ?
Arrived in kalkan home from home all the familiar faces there to great us when we went out. Its lovely how everyone remembers you, makes it feel even more special. Always love arriving back to see how my plants have done over the summer months.. wish my plants at home could grow like that.

The storm was an experience, followed by 2 rainy days. Not to be outdone the OH painted our internal doors.. Turkish paint sure does smell. The sun then came back out and normal service resumed.

Went to the Market in Akbel, I think I prefer this to the Kalkan Market you don't get all the silly comments repeated over and over again. Although I did buy my selfie stick in the Kalkan market .. best new gadget.

New finds was Café Aqua brilliant cocktails ! and the food was good too . So many good meals to mention but a few that stand out was the Lykia residence hotel superb fine dinning with wonderful views.
The vila Mahal great location & food a lovely place for a special evening, nice going over on the boat too
We also went to the Yalia Beach club in the evening we had the place to our self, the table set up on the pontoon very romantic and great food.. I almost don't want to share that for fear of it becoming to popular and spoiling it ..

Just looking at flights for Christmas with maybe a trip to Istanbul .. that should keep me going to next year  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13074.0

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Sun Sea & Storms
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 06:01:29 AM »
Good to hear you had a good stay....what was different about the food in Antalya?

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 09:09:05 PM »
Hi

Well My OH loves to go out and eat what the locals do so... he tried brain soup, tripe soup, kokorecci which is diced lambs intestine & sweetbread's mixed with spices served in crusty bread.
The Ayran is also a bit different served in metal jugs with lots of froth on top .. Normally in kalkan we only get the ones in the plastic cartons which are ok, but always have a hint of plastic in the taste.
I think as a lots of the hotels are all inclusive, the restaurants are not gourmet like Kalkan they are more traditional Kebap shops catering for locals
I did have some very good lentil soups I wasn't as game as my OH ..
I enjoyed our stay, but couldn't have done any longer as its a much much faster pace than beautiful Kalkan
 :)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 10:24:42 PM »
No, you definitely don't get thise dishes in Mousakka! Sounds like an adventure though..well done you for trying it out.

Apparently its only 269 sleeps till i return to paradise!

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 07:29:51 AM »
Sorry I missed your post Pattaya.  Sounds like you had a fab time. 
Think I'll stick with the food on offer in Kalkan though!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 02:07:53 PM »
Glad you had a fabulous time Pattaya, thank you for posting, and well done to OH for trying the different dishes on offer, to be honest we heard that Kocorecci is very nice, but the thought of it somehow doesn't appeal!

Haybo, glad to hear you've got your countdown app going  :D.  We've sorted our dates now for next summer, hopefully flying to Rhodes for a few nights, and then the ferry to Fethiye and then onto Kalkan, but haven't booked the flights as yet, think we have missed out on the Easyjet sale!   :(
(Sorry off topic!!)

Jayne
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:09:48 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 01:33:43 PM »
Kocorecci?? sounds like a load of Bo*****s to me!!..I attribute my good health to not eating anything that comes from around an animals anus area  :o >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 01:53:49 PM »
Your OH sounds very adventurous pattaya. My friend tried kocoretsi in Greece  - fed up of the usual souvlaki etc and proclaimed it delicious (and we all had a taste) until we visited the kitchen afterwards and saw the intestines omimously hanging down from the ceiling! The Greek chef/Taverna owner then took great delight in describing in detail just what she'd eaten! Yuk!  :o

Just off topic a little, those same friends went to Kalkan this year for the first time and LOVED it.  :)

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 08:30:48 PM »
Hi All

Yes he certainly is adventurous .. mind you its good to get off the beaten track sometimes and see what's on offer..
Always makes me laugh when I dish dinner up indoors and get the ''what's that ? '' 
We are heading back out to Kalkan again for NYE this year. Although this time we are having a stop over on the way back in Istanbul for a few days. Really looking forward to seeing yet another part of turkey and all that it has on offer.
Just where to eat on NYE decisions decisions .. No brains or tripe though.
P x

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
storms - anything we can do?

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post December 23, 2010, 09:18:21 AM
by misty
xx
Storms ahead?

Started by Roxie on Weather

12 Replies
Last post October 10, 2010, 02:20:20 PM
by maryjane
xx
Storms in Kalkan this week

Started by tortoise lady on Weather

5 Replies
Last post February 08, 2012, 07:14:31 PM
by brian j p

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal