Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: so far  (Read 19560 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: so far
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 01:53:16 PM »
I wouldn't blame seasick if they thought what's the point of posting reports if they get criticism and snide remarks . I was enjoying the reports >:D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:09:00 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline don

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 02:32:22 PM »
Last on this subject, the forum is for all points of view,so I thought.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 03:00:09 PM »
Why not start your own thread and those that wish to participate can and those that choose not to can ignore it...meanwhile enjoying seasicks reports

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 03:27:32 PM »
Thanks Paul for such great posts - such good reads, all of them, keep them coming please!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 06:22:40 PM »
Totally agree with BL. Let seasick post his holiday reports without members bickering about the street animals. Start a new thread if you want to debate the rights and wrongs of feeding defenceless animals that have been dumped. don is right about everyone being able to air their views, but when I catch up with holiday reports, I want to catch up with reports not a heated discussion about an ongoing problem.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 08:14:49 PM »
Looking forward to your next report seasick and thanks  for taking the time to post. The subject of the dogs is very emotive and we all have our own views on the rights and wrongs of feeding/kapsa etc and I agree with BL and K4E. Let's keep the debate separate from the holiday reports. That's nothing to do with rose tinted specs by the way. I just dont want to see a holiday report engulfed by a heated doggy debate. If seasick chooses to feed the dogs, then that's his  prerogative whether I agree with it or not.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 08:18:53 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 10:23:44 PM »
I agree....different debates!

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2014, 08:29:50 AM »
Please do not go off topic and start talking about dogs. Such posts shall be removed as they hold no relevance to this holiday report.

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2014, 08:37:56 AM »
Please do not go off topic and start talking about dogs. Such posts shall be removed as they hold no relevance to this holiday report.

Why has Kalkanviews post been removed?

Seasick posted a comment on their post which read

"I hate humans for doing this to these poor dogs, but it seems the whole of turkey dumps there dogs her at night as they know everyone else is doing it!!!"

A number of people, including myself,  responded to this by providing their views on why this happens. Seasick then responded telling us to go elsewhere to live.

Then a number of self appointed moderators jumped in.

Now EK police remove a post from Kalkanview.

Is this an open forum or not?

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2014, 09:02:41 AM »
There is now a separate thread about dogs from Kalkanview.

Holiday makers who have saved up long and hard to "Enjoy Kalkan" don't want to read a forum all about roadworks and dogs :)

Those wanting to discuss such subjective topics can do so on ONE THREAD as opposed bringing it up all over the place.

Offline kalkanview

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 104
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2014, 09:09:17 AM »
I agree EK administrator, I was off topic I apologise.

I would like to add relevant to this thread that Kalkan remains an absolute paradise, the Town is looking much better after the clear up (although in my view it could be better) and I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

Offline seasick

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2014, 09:20:26 AM »
well what a night only had about 4 hours sleep, so windy, furniture blown about during the night, cushions everywhere....
no rain but overcast and still windy, but oh so humid with it....

no dog chat from me from now on, except I want to take the beagle home (this is someone's pet at one of the bar's, simply adorable she is)

so last night, we went to ilyada on the harbour where rami from rami's has turned up this year (assume his name is rami?? lol)

another superb meal, me garlic mushrooms, can you tell I like them, no starter for wife, me sizzling chicken, wife ottoman hotpot in clay pot delivered by the chef...
2 soft drinks, bottle of water, 1 starter 2 mains 2 coffees 93 lira.........yes 93 lira, amazing as it also included the custom after dinner drink for free and 2 rounds of garlic bread with cold meze on table at start....rami you star!!
we will return that's a promise.

so yali's bar is still 10 lira per beer, harbour average 8.50 with mussaka 6.00 lira.....all for large beers.....
yali said he didn't have a good year last year, he may not have one this year if he doesn't have a re-think....maybe he needs to pay for the new bar he had installed over the winter....I still go though as like it there....yacht bar is grabbing us this year before dinner though too. ...

looks like a book reading day as the weather is mis behaving....and final planning for our adventure to new England in the fall...

where shall I eat tonight as only 3 more "EATS" left any suggestions?

paul

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2014, 09:38:17 AM »
Seasick you have made my day by finding the lovely Rami!  We were so sad his place closed and I was sure he'd turn up somewhere being a local lad. Happy days!  Certainly was - and still is - very windy but as you say, so warm. Looking forward to mooching into town tonight - Yali for a drink and interested to see what Çimırık  has been up to over the winter.  Then Gourmet for dinner for a typically amazing meal and to meet Åžakir's wife Reyhan. They got married at the end of March  :D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2014, 10:25:23 AM »
Three more eats.....? Definitely follow Rachey's lead and try Gourmet if you haven't already. One of our favourites over the past three seasons (is this their 4th season....?)
Is Escudo or Sofra open...both good over the past years. Hunkar if you are after something cheaper but good quality. Wherever you go enjoy and please let us know how you get on. Hey Rachey, good to know you have arrived safe and sound in "our" little piece of paradise  :)

Offline seasick

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2014, 10:26:56 AM »
both escudo and sofra open...may try gourmet....thanks 4eva

Offline SarahS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • Take pictures and make memories!
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2014, 02:43:04 PM »
Love reading these reports, keep us updated!

Re: Moonlight which you mentioned earlier, rumour has it it's opening Monday so you will have to keep us posted!

Enjoy :)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2014, 07:00:52 PM »
Thank goodness we have got back to lovely holiday reports and what's more intersting rather than another debate about the dogs (boring now) 6 lira for a large efes at Mussakka that's so much more important lol - another of our favourite haunts so happy days - keep the reports coming seasick and yes you must try Gourmet it's special.

Offline seasick

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 07:33:51 AM »
horrible day yesterday, plenty of rain, very windy, so not a great deal to report, moonlight not open yet, fenner only has normal tables/chairs and not my fav ottoman seats over the sea? will they return by Wednesday before I go?

back to mussaka as undercover away from wind etc, and sorry to say nowhere near as good as last week, I had lamb chops which were tough and not tasty!
I'm sure a one off...

very overcast again today no blue sky for as far as I can see
hmm please give me one good day tomorrow before we go home!

paul

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 11:43:33 AM »
Shame about the weather, seasick...the forecast looks good for today. Shame also about your meal in Mussakka, hopefully a one-off as you say. We hear Moonlight is opening today, so keep us posted if you see the rickety chairs and tables outside :)

Offline seasick

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 12:25:59 PM »
will do eva, very overcast again today, lots of spits of rain.....
it better get better tomorrow for last full day!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Meldi Pool

Views: 4423
By: jackson
Oz Adana