Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shirley's back for 2015 Finally!!!!  (Read 44047 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Shirley's back for 2015 Finally!!!!
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2015, 08:27:43 PM »
Glad you're home safely after a long journey. Have a good sleep and then you can start looking forward to your next holiday and we can look forward to your next blog!  :laugh:

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2015, 08:45:48 PM »
Oh Shirley how I wish no don't go there Joycie perhaps next year.xx

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2015, 11:32:24 PM »
Fab blog and we have really enjoyed reading it. We have 13 sleeps before our next visit, originally planned as a trip to open the villa for the season but as things transpired our 1st guests have already been and gone!! Mrs Hobbo has various plans for our week in Kalkan but I'll try to convince her to add writing a blog... don't hold your breath, I'm not very good at convincing her to do things but I'll try... 8)
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2015, 10:10:06 AM »
Glad you are home safe. Can't believe how much you cram in, even on your last day. Have really enjoyed your blog.

Tell you what, if you ever need a few extra liras you could always hire out Bob as a "designated driver". I'm sure that others like myself would love to visit all the places you mention, but with all that effes and wine and a zero tolerance I'm never going to convince OH and I'm like you Shirl I don't do heights  so don't think I could cope with the steep twisty roads. Lets face it, it's  not a good idea when the driver closes their eyes ;D :o

I'm sure you are already on count down for the summer?  :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »
Would definitely recommend going to Fethiye and Calis again on the last day, it was brilliant.  Yes 108 days Suzyq1 Bob told me his morning when I was moaning and groaning about going back to work! Back in my office now and it's like I've never been away!  ??? ???

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2015, 01:07:29 PM »
Its been lovely catching up with your stay. Thanks so much for sharing with us...and as others have said, you certainly pack a lot in :) Those 108 days will fly although, I'd personally like it to go really slowly between 7th and 28th June ;D When you go back it will be a different Kalkan and it will be scorchio.
Mancero Kitchen sounds fab - do let us know where it is - might be an option for us next time we go to Fethiye.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Tyros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »
Glad you are back home safe and sound. It was lovely to meet you and Bob, only a shame it was your last night. As we said we loved your blogs and look forward to reading them again when you are here and we are back in the UK. It is great now that we can put faces to the names Bob & Jayne. Take care and we hope we can meet up again when we are in Kalkan together.
Best wishes
Graham & Sandra (Mr & Mrs Tyros) xx

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2015, 05:26:09 PM »
Thank you Mr Tyros (Graham)! it was so lovely to meet you and Sandra too, and we look forward to meeting you when we are all next in Kalkan.  K4E re Mancero, it is between Fethiye and Calis along the sea front, just before the bridge by the lighthouse on the Fethiye side, hope that makes sense.  Am sure it would be a lovely walk along from Fethiye in June if not too hot, we took the car as were going straight to the Airport afterwards. Just thinking of the fab meal we had there is making me very hungry! we are definitely going back there in the summer. Day 1 of work is over, so am back in the work zone now, and really must stop looking on EK wishing I was still out there.   ::)

xx

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2015, 06:04:48 PM »
I think so, Jayne. Its a nice walk anyway, so we'll just keep walking along the front until we see it if we decide to go - I'm sure we wont miss it.
That first day back is a killer but you have your next trip booked so just count the days :)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2015, 06:43:05 PM »
108 for us too! I had looked at our flights a couple of weeks ago and saw 93 days mentioned so i was all excited but that was til the check-in opened so i'm a bit fed up now.....! Still, D has just been talking about extending to 3 weeks, so I need to buck my ideas up! I wonder if work will go for it?

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »
I'm okay now K4E and looking forward to our next trip  :D and wow Haybo that sounds fantastic! fingers crossed with work  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:57:50 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Can it finally be true?

Started by Babs on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post October 04, 2013, 11:42:25 PM
by itstime
xx
Shirl & Bob - We've Finally Gone and Done It!

Started by Bob & Jayne on Holiday Reports and Reviews

68 Replies
Last post June 22, 2018, 04:33:39 PM
by Babs
xx
Finally joined

Started by Mick the Loiner on Introduce Yourself

5 Replies
Last post April 15, 2010, 06:55:33 AM
by kim21
xx
Finally - it's arrived........

Started by happy days on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post April 18, 2016, 10:18:33 AM
by Chris_S

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal