Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shirl & Bob - We've Finally Gone and Done It!  (Read 17452 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Shirl & Bob - We've Finally Gone and Done It!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 05:52:37 PM »
Sound as if you're having a great time Jayne, this "lifestyle change" seems to be suiting you!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 06:37:56 PM »
Well you're certainly having fun in the sun, Jayne - how quick has that time gone?
We take Avon SSS, but it doesn't seem to work for me....nothing does really except Off Max...but you can hardly spray it on your face can you..? A few years back one of our Turkish friends said to cut a lemon in half and soak the bites with that - it seems to take away the itch, not the blister or the egg size lump.
None of the locals appear to have bites do they...? I know you're practically a local... ;D ;D
I hope they don't spoil your fun too much and heal quickly and you can get your Fitbit sorted too - what a pain!
Enjoy your boat trip today
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 09:01:00 AM »
Sorry for the lack of reports but Lizilu is making such a fab job of her's and keeping you up to date of events. I will be doing one soon though!

6.35 exchange rate in Deniz Bank this morning!

Tomorrow we're all off to Meis we can't wait!  :D :D

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2018, 03:33:21 PM »
We've booked an over nighter at Meis this time. Did Kekova last time and thoroughly recommend that too.
Have a wonderful time and an Amstell or  a Mythos and a great big fat pork chop.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2018, 05:32:28 PM »
I cant wait to be there whether its 4TL to the £ or over 6...it just cant come quick enough
How are the mozzie bites doing..?

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »
I cant wait to be there whether its 4TL to the £ or over 6...it just cant come quick enough
How are the mozzie bites doing..?

At the rate it is going it will be 10TL by the time you get there. 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2018, 07:02:27 PM »
 ;D ;D

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2018, 07:49:04 PM »
Mozzies bites not great K4E they certainly seem to like me that's for sure!  >:( >:(

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2018, 09:10:03 PM »
Hang on in there Shirl......I'll soon be there to give them someone else to munch on! Have fun in Meis  :laugh:

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 06:22:43 PM »
Sorry to hear you are having problems with mozzies, Shirley.   Things always bite me to.   I take antihistamine tablets for two weeks before holidays then one each day when I am there.   If I get bites I use antihistamine cream and if they are bad take an extra tablet.

I think you will still be in Kalkan when we come out.   If you are you may find a bottle of olive oil, and possibly olives, on your doorstep. 

You arrived the night after we left in early May so missed you on that occasion.

Enjoying your blog as usual

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2018, 05:34:20 PM »
Well not sure how to top the last 2 days! As you will have read, we've spent 2 days on Meis and all I can say is wow wow and treble wow! We've been 3 times before and each time is different! We've loved each and every minute of it with Lizilu and Automan. Simply the best! Shattered.com now!

Mozzies still being unkind to me. I've told them they have a tastier morsel on her way soon!  >:(

Tortoise lady look forward to seeing you soon and sampling your delicious olive oil and olives from Yellow Villa will be more than welcome. Thank you so much  :D

Sx

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 08:54:55 PM »
Three weeks and counting Shirl and then the next "dish of the day" will be in Kalkan! Carry on having fun!  :laugh:

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2018, 11:08:50 AM »
Well, I don't know where to begin and to be honest where I left off! After our fabulous time in Meis, we still felt shattered on Saturday.  It was Lizilu and Automan’s last day, and we certainly needed to pack in a full day! We decided it was to be the Asfiya, but sadly the weather wasn't that nice, so we retreated to the bar for a couple of drinks and then a lovely lunch, so all was good.  It was our friends choice for their last night, and Marina it was to be, and it was all so delicious as always, can’t exactly remember what we all had, but all I know was my peppered steak was amazing! Regae the barman from the Pirat walked by and we had a lovely chat with him, always has a smile on his face and makes you feel so welcome, we really must go and see him at the bar one evening for a drink! After dinner we went to Trios for a nightcap, was lovely just sat there watching the world go by.  Before we knew it, it was well after midnight and time to make our way back, we’d had such a nice evening, but sadly had to say farewell to the gang as they were leaving first thing on Sunday morning.  Always sad when we have to do this, but now looking forward to more fun in the sun with them sometime soon!

Sunday – well the sun was out again, so a quiet day for us, firstly a trip to Migros for provisions, after an hour or so we were well and truly stocked up, trolley full with the addition of 3 more carrier bags full of things! Decided on a taxi back as far too much to carry. Back home for a late brunch, and then a trip down to the beach.  The beds and umbrellas are only a third out, so fingers crossed the rest will emerge this week.  We managed to get 2  beds and spent 3 hours lazing around again watching the world go by and the boats coming and going! This is getting to be a “nice” habit” we have got into recently! Before the walk up the hill, a stop off at Fener for icecream, I can’t believe that they are still 5TL for 2 boules and 7TL for 3! Such good value, the decision for which flavours took us a while, but finally we settled for  choc chip and coffee, and strawberry and caramel of course with the added hot chocolate and nuts on the top! It was definitely a walk up the hill rather than the taxi after that treat!

We were cooking a roast dinner tonight, I always get withdrawal symptoms for a roast while away, and it was so nice to cook a Sunday roast in Turkey, another first for us. Bob spactchcocked the chicken on the BBQ and the rest was history, it was absolutely delicious even though I say so myself!

Monday – Yildiz 2 today! Perfect weather, sea like a mill pond, and Captain Osman and Zeynap were as always, the perfect hosts and the food well….. we ate like king’s! We had a fabulous day. We left at 10am and got back at 18.35pm!

The gorgeous cauliflower dish they always serve we have tried to replicate, but it is never the same, so we asked again how they do it, so if you want to try it out, here goes.

Steam cauliflower until al dente.
Suzme yoghurt (the very thick one, not runny) add water until you get a creamy consistency and then add crushed garlic and pour over the warm cauliflower.
Heat olive oil and then add paprika and drizzle over the top along with some dill!
Sounds easy, but guessing when we try it again, it won’t be the same,!

By the time we walked home it was almost 7.30pm! not sure why but we decided to move the furniture around when we got back (very random) so by 9pm we were fit to drop, and we literally did that with a tuna salad washed down with a vodka and coke, and Efes Malt for Bob! Bliss!

Tuesday – Feeling refreshed, didn’t wake until almost 8am! Day of rest! Waiting in for our new sunbeds to arrive, fingers crossed they will arrive as coming from Antalya! I’ve just been to Wella hairdressers for a cut and blow dry, am so pleased with it, if you haven’t tried there, well worth going, Yusuf the owner is a brilliant hairdresser!

On the way back stop off for a cauliflower! You can guess what we will be making sometime soon!

Sx

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2018, 12:17:25 PM »
Now the fun is over it sounds as though you are slipping into the Lifestyle change very nicely!

In 5 weeks I will be ther and can’t wait....have just made first purchases for the holiday..just wondering now about whether to change money....decisions , decisions.....

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2018, 12:40:28 PM »
In four weeks we will be there and hopefully replicating some of the fun that you have had. At the moment we’re stuck at Colwich lock on the Trent and Mersey canal waiting for RCR to order our new drive plate.
Oh to be in Kalkan. Oh well soon will be.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2018, 05:47:34 PM »
11 days until we hit Dalaman and a few days after that we'll be in Kalkan  ;D ;D
I cannot recreate any of the food we eat whilst we're there, even though I take down recipes all the time and try my best...just not the same!
Sounds like you are having a great time on Part One of the Lifestyle Choice Programme...I'd like to get myself on that pretty soon, have to say, but have a few more years before we can officially change our lives too....hopefully! Insallah!
I bet you are missing the Starsky to your Hutch right now...but you'll be back together pretty soon, I'm sure!
Moving furniture around after a full day on Yildiz would not be my choice of activity, but hey ho! Whatever floats your boat...did you see what I did there?
Hope the beds came...?

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2018, 07:46:33 PM »
Ha I love the double act comparisons K4E. I actually had a crush on starsky and nearly met hutch up at bodamya Tepe the other year.
Shirl I’m very very much looking forward to reading what you and Bob are going to be getting up to in the next few weeks and missing you both like mad already.  :-*

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2018, 09:46:25 PM »
Shirl......good to see you're settling back down to domesticity now Starsky has gone home!  ;D Only joking.....you must be missing her like mad! Lots more times for adventures in the next few weeks and I'm so looking forward to hearing all about them.......hopefully some in person!  :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »
Ha ha k4e! I did use to have a long knitted cardigan though! ;D ;D.
Yes beds arrived at 9.15pm after waiting in all day, but was well worth the wait though. Not long now for you all and the long range forecast is looking pretty good too! Exchange rate this morning is just below 6 in town, slightly higher at the Banks, but think it's not worth changing at home Haybo, but your decision.

Sx

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 02:43:34 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2018, 09:38:32 AM »
What was the water like when you were on your boat trip?   We have booked a trip in about three weeks time and hope the sea is warming up a bit.   I don't do cold water although I managed a couple of short dips in the pool at the beginning of May.   Pretty cold getting in!!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Can it finally be true?

Started by Babs on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post October 04, 2013, 11:42:25 PM
by itstime
xx
Finally - it's arrived........

Started by happy days on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post April 18, 2016, 10:18:33 AM
by Chris_S
xx
Finally joined

Started by Mick the Loiner on Introduce Yourself

5 Replies
Last post April 15, 2010, 06:55:33 AM
by kim21
xx
Shirley's back for 2015 Finally!!!!

Started by Bob & Jayne on Holiday Reports and Reviews

70 Replies
Last post April 13, 2015, 07:55:19 PM
by Bob & Jayne

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal