Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sassy Shirl is Reunited - Absolutely Fabulous!!!!  (Read 18814 times)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Sassy Shirl is Reunited - Absolutely Fabulous!!!!
« on: July 26, 2017, 01:05:59 PM »
Well here I am again! not quite reunited yet, but 3 more sleeps and we're off! 33 days in Paradise to look forward to!

Well, the spare room is looking like something out of TK Maxx, cases are out of the loft, but there is nothing in them as yet! This year's contraption is an Actifry, yes I know! but it just has to be done, think it is going to be joining me as hand luggage, but if I get my way it will be in OH's cabin bag and not mine! 23 kilos each plus 8 kilos each cabin allowance, so we should be okay!

I managed to hold off for a long time on booking any trips, this year I thought I would wait until we get there, but 6 prebooked boat trips later, including a 2 night stay on Meis, and 2 nights in Kas, I feel quite chuffed with myself. Anyway enough about that, no doubt I will be updating you very soon from our little bit of Paradise in the sun.  We travel to Gatwick on Friday and fly out on Saturday morning, so will be in touch soon! and once we're there only a few days before my Partner in Crime arrives!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Can't wait for our holiday to begin! I feel like I'm bursting with excitement!  :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sx

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13793.0
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:17:54 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Sassy Shirl is Reunited - Absolutely Fabulous!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »
Yeah!!!!!

One more week and we will be not too far behind you. I can't wait to be reunited with Sassy Shirl again. So we can expect chips as well as coffee paket servici soon ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 02:05:12 PM »
Can't wait to hear what Sassy Shirl gets up to.....and of course the Ab Fab girls once you are reunited! Judging by the end of lizilu's post, anything could happen!

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 02:17:14 PM »
You beat me to it! I was going to start my blog this afternoon!
Looking forward to catching up very soon. xx

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 02:42:10 PM »
Oh Jayne...you've started! I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for your holiday - our very own Ab Fab team almost back together for the summer!
33 days!!!!!! OMG, I'm so jealous. One day soon for us too, I hope.
Looking forward to hearing all about your stay in real time, planned or otherwise! Don't let us down, the forum expects :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 02:51:56 PM »
I dread to think what the trail of destruction will be like by the time we catch up on the 16th!  Looking forward to seeing you then if our paths haven't crossed before!!

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 07:00:43 AM »
What! No blog yet? Come on Shirl...your public are waiting!

Hope you had a safe trip and have got over the excitement of the journey to Gatwick!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 07:01:44 PM »
Guys I'm sorry! I've just spent the last hour filling you in and i've lost the lot! Sorry! Be patient we're having a fab time and out on yildez 2 tomorrow!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 03:18:16 AM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 07:37:34 PM »
Oh no that is so frustrating for you! Enough sitting about, get your glad rags on and get into town! I've just been watching the webcam and it look deserted!

Get in Black and Go,d and order Tears of Happiness.....delish.....

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 05:55:42 AM »
Good Morning!

Now where do I begin.  We left home on Friday afternoon really excited about our journey to Paradise. Plan was to stay over in a hotel at Gatwick and flying out via Istanbul on Saturday morning.   We probably should have known things wouldn’t quite go to plan, it was raining very hard when we left and the traffic on the M3 was horrendous, but we were on our holidays so we didn’t care. On arrival well almost! 5 minutes from the hotel, someone crashed into us at a roundabout whilst we were stationary! What a shock, certainly wasn’t expecting that, I hit my head, but thank goodness we are okay.  Bob spent a good hour on the phone to the Insurance and all will be sorted when we get home, the damage isn’t too bad and the car still drivable thank goodness.

Anyway… we weren’t really feeling the love after this so instead of our planned evening out for dinner, we ended up with a cooked chicken and salad from Tesco back at the Hotel! Oh we know how to live when we are on holiday!

Saturday – day of departure.  All went smoothly, despite an hour’s delay at Gatwick, and my fear of flying came back with avengence, but I must be brave I kept telling myself.  We checked in, extra leg room on both flights, so we were happy bunnies.  I have nothing but absolute praise for Turkish Airlines, despite 2 flights and an hour’s delay we managed to catch up on time and we landed at Dalaman around 8pm. A very speedy turnaround, baggage collected, including the Actifry!!! OH popped into the Duty Free to purchase a bottle of Bacardi and Metaxa and we were good to go!

On arrival in Paradise, everything was just as we had left it a year ago, can’t believe we have been away for so long, but oh it was good to be back.  Flagging a bit now, so coffee and our bed was calling!

Sunday ……Up with the lark, not much sleep but felt so much better this morning. Plan of action, go out for breakfast/brunch, shopping for supplies of food/wine and then chill! And that’s exactly what we did.  Had brunch in Sahila Sultan up in town, and very nice it was too, then on to Migros. I had forgotten how hot it could be by which time it was midday, Mad Dogs etc! but we managed to get everything we needed, and a taxi back to the apartment 6TL!!!! It isn’t worth walking!

Nothing much else was on our agenda after we got back just had a swim and relaxed until early evening.  We had planned to go to Adem’s Restaurant with our friends, as it was their last day. As usual Adem was there to pick us up, he was so pleased to see us.  We had a fab evening, the food was lovely, I had the village cheese to start and Shrimp casserole, I still think his is the best casserole, but just my opinion, Bob had calamari and an Aubergine dish, not quite sure what it was but he said it was lovely too. It was almost midnight by the time we got home, and we were very tired, but our first full day in Kalkan had been lovely!

Monday …. After a what was a disturbed night due to the heat, the air con and fans on and off all night, I was sitting on the balcony at 5am listening to the Call to Prayer! Only then did I realise we were back in the place we love best! I decided to go for a little run before the sun came up, but this proved not one of my best ideas, so just walked along the Kalamar Road, being greeted by several people along the way. Breakfast Turkish style for us and off to the beach we went. We wandered through town, and were greeted by lots of old friends, they never forget you, it was so lovely to see everyone. It was busy for a Monday on the beach, but we managed to get our beds and cushions.  15Tl for 2 and an umbrella, so still very good value. We spent a good few hours there, in and out of the sea and finally ended up in Fener to watch the boats come in, that view is still one of the best in Kalkan.  One by one they all arrived home, was a lovely sight to see.  Only planned on a having water as was so hot, but somehow ended up ordering a bottle of wine, and it went down a treat!! Finally time to go back, so taxi called and we were back in no time at all 8TL well worth it! As we opened the door the smell of the lamb shanks we had left in the slow cooker hit us, and oh wow were they good!

Monday ….. Yildez 2!

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 06:32:39 AM »
Isn't it great to be back?!
Glad you're safely here after a rocky start and beginning to chill. Xx

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 06:36:34 AM »
Oh Shirl isn't it great how you just slip into Kalkan mode the minute you pass LaVanta!

Its such a relaxing and amazing place.  As you know we are bringing my parents thhis time and just getting to Kalkan will be a traumatic experience for my Mum so I am  hoping that she feels what we all feel when she wakes up on the first morning and looks over the bay, and meets the wonderful folk.

10 sleeps!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »
Yay, Shirl is back and on form despite a traumatic start to your holiday. You'll definitely have a relaxing day today on Yildiz 2, enjoy every minute. Hopefully we will be joining you in paradise very soon...

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 11:39:40 AM »
Love reading your reports but so sorry about the terrible start to your holiday with the car. Only flown with Turkish Airlines once and that was because we were being taken back to Brum after Bri's heart attack and they allow oxygen cylinders on their planes. Got to say they were very good nice meals good leg room and very attentive staff. Must say it is another alternative.
Hope you have a fab hols how can you not in Kalkan. October is flying round now can't wait and we've already booked for next year so lots to look forward to.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 12:58:07 PM »
I bet that little bump in the car feels like a lifetime ago now...?
You have SOOOOHHHH many days ahead of you, cant wait to hear all about it. Running in Kalkan at this time of year is definitely a pre-sunrise activity - you must be bonkers though!
Yildiz 2 *sigh*.....

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 04:05:37 PM »
Send our love to the Yildiz gang. Love those boats! Xxx :D

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 09:18:58 PM »
Glad to hear you are in back in paradise and already sharing your holiday with us. Bit concerned though....running in Kalkan in August....think  you may need to get that  bump checked out  ;D ;D. Hopefully your day out on Yildiz  has restored you back to  normal Kalkan behaviour of swim, eat, drink and sleep. What ever you do I know you will have fun.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 04:05:30 PM »
Jayne you sound completely chilled alredy......although you wouldn't have been if you'd gone for that run! Carry on having an amazing time.....and letting us know all about it!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 06:51:25 AM »
When I said Monday ….. I really mean’t Tuesday! See we’ve only been here a few days and I am confused.com already with whatever day it is!

I have to say firstly that I have been plagued with Mosquito bits already, I must have at least 30 and they are so painful, not sure how and why but they seem to get me big time.  Bob has been taking vitamin B tablets for a while, and kept saying to me take them, no I said I don’t need them, and guess what, not one bite has he got!!! So 2 trips to the Pharmacy already, some gel and a spray that stops the itching, boy does it sting, but it is doing the trick, didn’t get much sleep because of them last night!

Anyway, Yildez 2 it was. As we left our apartment, a lovely Turkish man spoke to us who apparently lives next door, and as we got talking to him, in our very limited Turkish, he asked where we were going, and he immediately offered to drive us down to the boat, but not in his car, but on the back of his scooter!! Obviously we declined his very kind offer, as I know I have lost some weight this year, but Bob and I on the back of a scooter, would not be a pretty sight!!!

Chris The Spark and the lovely Bernie were joining us and met us down at the boat, and when we arrived as always there was the lovely Yildez family ready and waiting for everyone, they greeted us with open arms, oh my goodness it felt so good to be back. All on board and we were off on the dot of 10am! Coffee served as we motored out of the harbour, left or right he said! And everyone voted left, so Kapatus it was to be! Quite choppy as we turned the corner, but in no time at all we were anchored and swimming with Kapatus beach not far away. Next stop the cave, but still quite choppy so the vote was not to go in, and we then went between heli belly islands and anchored up for more swimming and the wonderful lunch they serve! I know I’ve said it before so many times, but how they manage to cook such wonderful food in that tiny galley never ceases to amaze me! It was very hot today and to be honest, I don’t think I have every been so hot on a boat, so lots of swimming had to be done.  Another stop and fruit was served and as we were sitting there, Pina X was anchored up next door, and somehow Captain Abdi’s anchor was stuck, Flippers on and Osman was in to go and assist him.  It took a good half an hour to free the anchor, but finally he was able to leave. Last stop was Frank Bay for tea, cake and biscuits and another swim and we arrived back in the harbour at 6pm.  What a wonderful day we had all had, absolutely fantastic.

Wednesday ……..

A trip to Kas was on the agenda today. Breakfast Turkish style before we left again, wow we are certainly getting through the tray of 30 eggs we bought at the weekend! Never really understand it to be honest, such beautiful eggs out here, and you never really see a chicken! Anyway, wandered down to town, and hopped on the 10.50am Dolmus, 6TL each, and off we went taking in the beautiful views along the coast road, absolutely stunning. Meis was in good view as we approached Kas, and before long we were sat down at the Harbour eating a yummy Pide and salad to go with it, that was the healthy bit I decided.  The decision next was what beach club to go to, we opted for the Nur Beach Hotel, and it certainly was beautiful.  Amazing sunbeds, sofas and easy access into the sea.  Bob ordered drinks, just water for me I heard myself saying, don’t be ridiculous he said! So before I knew it I was ordering in my opinion what was the best cocktail I’ve ever tasted, a classic Mojito, it was so good, and a little strong too.  Another swim, and then an afternoon snooze on the comfiest sunbed every! Heaven! We left around 6pm and wandered back to the harbour, stopping off at one of the bars for Happy Hour, and then the Dolmus home! We’d had such a great day, and had forgotten how lovely Kas is, although Kalkan is the best! We made a lovely chicken curry for dinner and sat on the balcony as chilled as I have felt in ages! This holiday is certainly doing us good that’s for sure!

Thursday ….. Lovely breeze blowing this morning, up at stupid o’clock, but feel very rested.  Decided to go for a little run, and it was lovely with the breeze before the sun came up!!!

Our friends arrive this afternoon, so the fun will commence Ab Fab style no doubt!!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »
Lovely report, Jayne.
We aren't big fans of Kas, but you made it sound wonderful. How can you fail to enjoy a day out on Yildiz 2, love that family to bits. Before we left, we popped down to say goodbye and they were all sitting around a pile of husky looking nuts with Adem's family. I was immediately given a handful to try and then had them in stitches as I ate the whole thing, husk and all. I've no idea what they were...and the husk stayed with me for sometime after ;D
Looking forward to double reports when your partner in crime arrives...the Edina to your Patsy should have arrived by now :-*

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Another Fabulous holiday in Kalkan

Started by Natsky on Holiday Reports and Reviews

3 Replies
Last post August 24, 2009, 08:55:37 PM
by claire
xx
Fabulous catering service

Started by clarel on Holiday Reports and Reviews

14 Replies
Last post September 05, 2010, 06:14:17 PM
by shawn
xx
End of the Forum? Absolutely Not!

Started by alantj on General Discussion

93 Replies
Last post November 29, 2018, 09:11:03 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Fabulous Emir Apartment for sale

Started by Kalkan Magic on Property For Sale

0 Replies
Last post February 10, 2014, 09:35:56 AM
by Kalkan Magic

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kapsa kitten

Views: 2827
By: saskia
a touch of frost