Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Palm and Figo  (Read 2214 times)

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Palm and Figo
« on: August 11, 2013, 07:53:59 AM »
Yesterday we changed our tradition and went first thing to Palm for breakfast and then spent the day there. We were greeted like old friends by Ilyan and the boys and had a completely chilled day with some great food and cold Efes! Then off to Kleo for a drink and see some familiar faces. We then did another first and used Figo market, off a side street in the old town for our shopping, it is a truly local shop, not a chain and we go local honey with no label off the shelve.  They promised to deliver to us, as we sat on our terrace 20 minutes later the boys turned up on mopeds with our shopping, just fantastic service from start to finish. The same cannot be said of our dining last night in a harbour restaurant where although the food was great, the service was useless from start to finish, from 10 minutes sitting at a table with no menus and drinks at the start to being told the food was amazing or spectacular by the waiter! At the end they could not understand why we would not want a free drink, all very strange and not one to repeat. Still a great day in Kalkan though.....

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11473.0

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Palm and Figo
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 08:05:30 AM »
Sounds like you had a great day, shame the end of the day was spoiled for you though. be interested to know which restaurant it was??

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 09:10:09 AM »
I would also be interested to know which restaurant......please don't be afraid to name and shame (constructively). You've named and praised so you're entitled to be open and honest. The restaurant in question will probably appreciate the feedback if their service has been below par.

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 09:42:48 AM »
Well done, ScotsinKalkan, keep it coming - we are there with you!

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 08:57:51 AM »
I don't want to name the restaurant, a quiet word was bad with the manager and he was apologetic, food was very good but he knew they had let themselves down, probably trying to do to many tables at the same time rather that spread bookings. Did not ruin our night and we have plenty of choice for the rest of the holiday.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 09:52:55 AM »
Can you tell me where Figo is please as we are going to be staying in the old town and would be nice to know where are local shop is......have always been up near the taxi rank before so this will be new accommodation territory for us. We are stayong at the Patara Stone House, sandwiched between the Korsan Meze and the Fish Terrace, does anyone know where our nearest shop will be, will only need water and things as we will be B+B, thanks

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 10:14:45 AM »
Great report, ScotsinKalkan, thanks for sharing.
Shame about your harbour meal - in our experience, the harbour restaurants are not as good in terms of service during high season, trading on their reputation a bit and your past experiences there...just my opinion. You're right though, there's so much choice it needn't spoil your holiday.
I think Figo is the last supermarket left in the Old Town - other than the one on the harbour. You can't miss it Babs, it's down the side street to the left as you are walking up from the harbour past Cafe Del Mar. You will see the inflatables before you see the shop :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Palm Beach

Started by BeyazGül Apt. on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post May 21, 2016, 09:35:13 PM
by BeyazGül Apt.
xx
Path from Palm Beach

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post May 15, 2010, 07:35:34 AM
by Blue Lizard
question
Palm View Villa - location/details please

Started by kp1021 on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post October 09, 2012, 08:36:38 PM
by kp1021
xx
Getting to Palm beach club and Caretta beach club?

Started by HolmfirthNicky on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post June 01, 2011, 08:43:55 AM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Worn Out

Views: 4296
By: misty
Horse riding Patara