Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Only 7 days to go !!!!!  (Read 2907 times)

Offline tessag41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Only 7 days to go !!!!!
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »
Only 7 days to go untill we come to Kalkan for the first time  ;D ;D
we are staying at the kalkan dream hotel ..... is there anyone else there the same time as us?
I have a son with Autism and learning difficulties so it would be nice if there would be other teenagers there he could say hi to my son is 17 ..... he is so excited  ;D ;D
any tips for things we should do or places we should eat would be very much appreciated
Thanks Tessa

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11433.0

Offline Derbyshire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
Re: Only 7 days to go !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 06:46:54 PM »
Hi you love kalkan 100% for roof top restaurants we love are fish terrace you have to book also gourmet terrace and Gironda  - escudo - all the restaurants are good have a lovely time kalkan dream hotel is very nice enjoy

Offline tessag41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 07:06:10 PM »
Thankyou Derbyshire i am sure we will love it
we have been to calis beach for the last 3 years but fancied a change this year and kalkan sounds and looks gorgeous and its not rowdy at all for our son.
Tessa

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 07:26:17 PM »
Tessa, You will have a fantastic time and I'm sure your son will have a great time the kalkan people are amazing with kids, we had a young man in our hotel in June with learning difficulties and all the staff were amazing with him (and also the guests). i am sure Ergun and his family will do everything they can to make your stay the best they are a lovely family and the Dream is a gorgeous hotel.Have a marvellous time and please let us know what you think of paradise.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:42:23 PM »
I think you might have booked this on my recommendation, and having just returned from 3 weeks at the Dream myself, I am more confident than ever that you have made a great choice. Bless your son - he will love the Dream Pool (jacuzzi, water toys) and you will all be very warmly welcomed by the family who run it. They will look after you well. The owner, Ergun, has a little son of his own who is always running around the place - and he is besotted with him. The bar staff are also young and friendly, and there is always someone up for a game of table tennis by the pool. The pool terrace is safe and clean with the comfiest furniture.

Thinking of your circumstances - my favourite roof terrace restaurants for a special meal are Gourmet and Kalamaki. Doy Doy also very lively, good food and great views. At the less expensive end you will also love Fener Cafe at the Harbour (fab pasta and ice cream, with lovely views of the beach from the Ottoman seats) and Cafe Leon near the mosque where there are always English mags, great music and lots of lovely animals lying round. Merkez Cafe is great for snacks and people-watching, and you should also try the Hunkar kebab place on the main road on the left just up from the small roundabout. Although a street cafe, it is always packed, and they do dramatic cooking and presentation of the best kebabs in Kalkan. There is also the new (really friendly) Han inn/restaurant just in front of the Dream on the main roundabout - it will be your local. Elevated position, breath taking views, shady terrace, cooling sea breezes, where they will cook your son anything he wants. He will be mesmerised by the crazy traffic action on the roundabout below. (Families of 4 on a scooter carrying an inflatable crocodile.)

Kalkan at night is like a film set, and I'm sure your son will be enthralled and stimulated by all that he sees - the lights, the sights, the smells and the sounds of glorious Kalkan. Here's wishing you all a wonderful holiday.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 09:42:38 PM »
I'm confident you and your son will have a wonderful time. The local people are the friendliest ever and will certainly give you and your son a warm welcome you will never forget. Trouble is once you've been there you'll just have to go back. Really hope you both have a lovely time full of happy memories, I'm certain you will. Enjoy yourselves  :laugh:

Offline Derbyshire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 11:00:35 PM »
Hi tessa have a look on you tube at kalkan - turkey 12.808 views  great pic of kalkan day and at night  ! Enjoy

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 11:17:44 PM »
7 days for us too Tessa!! This time next week we are both going to be so excited. You and your family will have a wonderful time. Hope we bump into each other.  :)

Offline tessag41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 12:38:35 PM »
Thanks so much for all your reply s,
they have been really helpful and has put my mind at rest lol
Christina i did book the dream hotel after you had mentioned it to me it looks wonderful and it suits my son and thats all that matters lol
Thanks for the restaurant recommendation i will definitely write a list and try them all as we are there for 2 weeks.
Are there any boat trips that we should definitely do or any other day trips in the area that are a must?
we have done a Jeep safari and mud baths and the gorge trip previously so do not need to do those
I will also show Elliott the you tube video and see what he thinks
Many Thanks
Tessa

Oh yes Lizilu where are you staying? do you have any children? i bet you cant wait either lol

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 12:53:11 PM »
Sat at Saklikent Gorge writing this, wold definitely recommend here.
Also a boat trip to.Kekova.
B

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »
Hi Tessa, we are staying in a villa high up in kiziltas, but we may see you knocking around. We have 3 daughters, 2 at 16 and 1 at 12. There is a meet up at midtown on the evening of the 13th, time yet to be confirmed but probably after everyone's eaten as the music doesn't start until late. You and your family are more than welcome to come along.  :)

Offline tessag41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »
sounds lovely Lizilu is midway a restaurant?
tessa

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 08:53:53 PM »
Hi Tessa. Midtown is a cafe and bistro and is on Facebook. Martyn has put a post on the meet up thread re this. General consensus of opinion seems to be to meet up at 9.30ish as the music starts at 21.45.
Hope to see you there.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
A few more days

Started by ScotsinKalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

8 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 03:56:19 PM
by lorilou
xx
days out

Started by molly on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

8 Replies
Last post April 16, 2008, 07:47:33 PM
by Lorretta
xx
6 days and we'll be there! :D

Started by LozJay on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post May 07, 2008, 01:22:51 PM
by utah1
xx
33 days to go

Started by Automan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

25 Replies
Last post April 10, 2017, 11:21:16 AM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal