Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Not what we wanted!  (Read 2765 times)

Offline henty0

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Not what we wanted!
« on: August 15, 2014, 07:47:39 AM »
Well after so looking forward to my holiday, we had a few fantastic days in Kalkan, only to come to complete standstill on Wednesday morning as my Hubbie slipped on the stairs they insist on constantly watering, resulting in him fracturing 3 ribs! Thank God for the pool to keep the kids occupied, as all planned trips now can't be done. Hubble sitting reading in the air conditioned apartment and me by the pool, not what we planned on doing on our family holiday! I will say the Dr Chem was amazing, he came out within half an hour and organised everything with the hospital!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12318.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: Not what we wanted!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 08:06:56 AM »
Oh no, your poor hubbie. Hope he makes a swift recovery and you all manage to enjoy some of your holiday.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 08:51:01 AM »
Last year my husband had a heart attack in Kalkan which was quite frightening. It's scary when something out of you control happens so far away from home I feel for you. Medical services in Fethiye we're fantastic and he even had two stents done in Antalya which were trouble free. So try to enjoy your holiday we're coming back this year so it wasn't all bad. Take care.

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 02:50:23 PM »
Oh know poor you. I had a problem with this at my apartment I went down to the managing agent and told them this constant watering on marble floors is so dangerous. They looked at me like I was mad !
You wouldn't  mind if they scrubbed the floor but just throwing lots of water just makes it go moulding anyway..
I hope your husband gets well soon ..

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »
Feel so sorry for you all. I fell down the stairs whilst having an early Xmas break and broke my pelvis resulting in five days in hospital. Thank goodness we were only a couple of hours from home but that was bad enough, dread to think what it must be like for you being so far from home. Just glad you've had good medical treatment. I agree with the previous post those wet floors are lethal and the shower room floor. Have to be extra vigilant this year especially on the marble stairs as certainly don't want another accident. Hope hubby gets to feel more comfortable soon and you and the kids can salvage something from your holiday. Best wishes to you all.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Wanted - garage wanted.

Started by Villa B on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post August 18, 2013, 06:17:43 PM
by Villa B
xx
anything wanted

Started by fidimax on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 02:32:33 PM
by mel
xx
Help wanted please!

Started by Dorby Perry on Living In Kalkan

2 Replies
Last post October 28, 2010, 10:11:08 PM
by Chucky
xx
Just wanted to say thanks!

Started by clara48 on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post January 27, 2008, 06:23:24 PM
by DRBD

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal