Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Not long now  (Read 5993 times)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Not long now
« on: July 10, 2015, 08:24:07 PM »
Just over six weeks until we are back in Kalkan. Lists have been written, items ticked off, flights, insurance, visas, valet parking, toiletries, clothes and lira sorted. Let the countdown begin........starting to feel like it's really going to happen. The excellent  blogs have really added to the build up to this year's  trip and I'm looking forward to trying something different but, then again, I'll probably just fall into relax mode and chill out. Kalkan is the only place that I have visited  that has that effect on me. Every time we visit we say we must try this or go there but somehow we are just hypnotised by the views and ambience that is Kalkan. I am going to try to write a blog  or two and just hope that we have a good internet connection
  ::)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12891.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: Not long now
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 01:53:56 AM »
Hi Keith. 5 weeks for us and we are at the same stage as you as in lists made, sun creams bought, API done etc etc.
I'm so pleased you are going to pen your thoughts. What a treat we've had this season blog wise and long may it continue.  :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 07:32:59 AM »
Keith, Lizilu - can you imagine, at all, my envy, as I come to the end of my first week back?! To say it has been difficult, would be an understatement. Only managed it by refuelling with Vodka Coke!!  (That's my excuse).

Enjoy the anticpation of your fabulous holidays ahead!

:-(

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 07:55:01 AM »
Hi Keith, yes it's so exciting isn't it, counting down, 19 days for us, and it can't come soon enough.  We too are busy doing lists, the spare room is looking like someone has moved in and not unpacked their things!! We have a long list of to do things again his year, places to visit and revisit, new restaurants to try out, looking forward to trying Yelkin Bistro (I have a thing about Burgers)! lots of long lazy days down on the town beach, and yesterday we saw photos of Kapatus and it is certainly looking lovely this year, has a new beach bar down there, so we will definitely be giving that a go! We have a 3 day road trip planned to Fethiye on the Bati Antalya Bus lol! Looking forward to meeting up with a lovely friends as well!  :D :D Great to hear you may do a post or two, we certainly will be wont we Lizilu20!!

Antler we have missed your posts this week, not the same every morning now at 6am! Glad you are enjoying your Vodka Coke though!  :D

J

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 08:26:25 AM »
20 days for us.  Just spent last hour discussing plans etc.  we are doing a road trip to ephesus this year, so been sorting car hire with the ever helpful Kalkan Regular.  I have just spent 40 minutes watching the new webcam on KTLNas we had our chat...somehkw made jt more real. 

Have a great weekend all x

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 01:15:55 PM »
Looking forward, with envy...to your posts keith....and all your blogs too ladies. I have booked with Monarch for next year...the daytime flights too tempting to miss and whilst more expensive than easyJet we thought we'd bite the bullet.
Ephesus is amazing Haybo, but a trip and a half from Kalkan...look forward to reading all about it

Enjoy all... :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 02:46:51 PM »
We always book our flights  with Thomsonfly.......expensive but gets us to Kalkan by early afternoon.
Valet parking at Stansted for 14 nights was secured for £54 this year (booked last year) this price includes fast track security. We have stayed in different villas on each of our visits and really enjoy the different views and ambience that this gives us. We're pretty boring in as much that we keep a record of where we eat each year, what we have and overall quality. The most expensive but, not to be missed is the barbecue  at the Kalkan Regency on a Wednesday night. Brilliant views of Kalkan from the bar terrace and mezes to die for. I can't remember the mother's name but what a lady.

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 08:33:46 PM »
Looking forward to your posts Keith.
When you going next year K4E, were out on 21 May for 2 weeks.  Hope our paths cross this time!

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 08:21:35 PM »
Thanks for everyone's words of encouragement. I really will try to post on a regular basis and share what I expect to be a really good and relaxing holiday. ☺☺ I know that Kalkan won't disappoint. ☺

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 10:48:17 PM »
Oh no Rachey, we will miss you again  :( :(
I have a major work event on 10th June so can't fly out until 12th next year...a bit later than we would prefer but no choice really.

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 08:20:06 PM »
Just a little over four weeks to go until we touch down in Kalkan. Planning to go shopping on Monday  to get the last few bits and pieces. Just happens to be our 30th wedding anniversary so will probably have a nice meal and a bottle or two of wine. ☺☺

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 10:25:35 PM »
Happy anniversary for Monday Keith. Those weeks will fly by. We have been back 3 weeks now and Kalkan just a distant memory, just hoping we can make it back next June.

Have a great time all you lucky lot getting ready for Kalkan. :)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 05:09:57 PM »
Thanks BarbH. I'm finding the last few weeks seem to have been dragging and I just want to get to Kalkan. I know that we shouldn't wish our lives away but I really can't wait to see that view and enjoy the hospitality and food.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Not long now...

Started by Si on General Discussion

26 Replies
Last post August 21, 2009, 08:04:28 PM
by Si
xx
Not long now............

Started by pw on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

0 Replies
Last post May 17, 2013, 10:49:51 AM
by pw
xx
How Long Until You Are In Kalkan?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

73 Replies
Last post April 07, 2012, 03:31:32 PM
by lara
xx
Mid/Long term let

Started by Kay11 on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post March 19, 2012, 02:31:13 PM
by Kay11

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Asiyan hotel pool

Views: 3784
By: Trotter
Emir Apartments