Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Negative comments correct  (Read 8812 times)

Offline annaron

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Negative comments correct
« on: September 28, 2008, 02:55:32 PM »
Negative comments correct but far out weighed by positive interaction.

Hubby and I visited from 11-25 sept, at Samira Deluxe Apt, with Thompson.
holiday started off well as there was only a short queue at visa control considering we had arrived after a Manchester flight we felt that was great, we have stayed in Fethiye, Hisaronu, Icemeler and Gulets. The transfer was easy as we were the only people going to Kalkan, so short pep talk then on our way.

Apartment in Samira Deluxe was fine for us and the staff were very helpful.
We used the taxis only twice I had brought my walking poles which were beneficial as they helped me conquer the hill, irritated taxi drivers because they thought I was an easy target.

We ate at many different establishments Kaya, Omars Kitchen, Point, Kebab house, Ibo''s, Arena, Belgins Kitchen, Indigo, we enjoyed casseroles, kofte and kebabs, found all the food excellent.
Only problem at Merkez when we were seated given a menu then ignored for 15 minutes, we left. hubby enjoyed the interaction with the front of house staff, practising his Turkish.

Visited Kas twice, it was easier for us to go to the supermarket at Kas and catch dolmus back, which left us off just before the bus station,  walked around Patara ruins and part of the Lycian Way and through Yesilkoy.

Trips to Kekova and the sunken city, also village and trout farm, both enjoyable, found them both interesting and relaxing.

From previous trips to Turkey we found it odd that there was no local dolmus service to Kalamar and the top of the village.

the enjoyed out time and the holiday was over too soon.

8)  ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2449.0

Offline kalcamp

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Negative comments correct
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:45:35 AM »
Not entirely sure why this thread is called ''negative comments correct''

Offline kalkan kitty

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 03:52:40 PM »
I was trying to work that out as well!! ;D

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 04:05:02 PM »
I think they are saying it is correct to have negative views but the positive far out weigh the negative, as in the post there is only one negative comment.

Offline kalcamp

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 05:40:51 PM »
Or perhaps:  correct views are negative but positive and thats why there''s only one negative comment which outways the positive

Offline annaron

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 03:43:04 PM »
Sorry if i was not clear but when we were reading reports early in the year people complained about the dogs running around, taxi drivers, front of house people being over aggressive in the restaurants, cost of staying and others which i cannot remember so we were uncertain of what it was going to be like. We enjoyed ourselves ans may return if I can cope with the hills

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 04:47:13 PM »
Well done The Feds, you summed it all up admirably. I think if you read some comments on here Kalkan comes across as a place swarming with packs of ferocious dogs, taxi drivers dragging you screaming in taxis, restaurant owners strapping you to seats in their vastly overpriced eateries!! This is not the reality, Kalkan has a lot to offer a great many people, like everywhere there are negatives but on the whole the positives far outweigh them, perhaps that is why people return again and again. Its never going to stay the same, people and places move on but I fundamentally believe the ''heart'' of Kalkan remains unspoilt.

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 04:58:12 PM »
I agree the heart of Kalkan remains unspoilt both literally and metaphorically- just a pity about the hillsides!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 07:07:22 PM »
...in my view, the hills make Kalkan even better.....climbing back up to our apartment twice a day. means we can eat the lovely food on offer and drink copious amounts of Efes, angora, gin and cocktails..and still fit into our clothes at the end of our stay  ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 03:49:37 PM »
I too love the hillsides - I was commenting on their despoilation by recent sporadic, prominent villa developments. 

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 03:56:44 PM »
the hillsides are still great in kalkan ..yes the greenery has gone but progress has happened and thats the way it is ...we can''t dwell in the past. The views that are seen from some of the villas we have stayed in are stunning,the breezes that you get during the day and the cooler night breezes are bliss! it''s just sad that i won''t stay on the hillsides anymore due to taxis ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Random

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 07:37:50 PM »
Thanks Annaron, I think this has been a great thread and a lot of very good comments have been made especially those of the Feds and MSR. But it does draw ones attention to the fact that forums like this can actually be quite dangerous. I''m sure that most of the people who read and post on EK do so because they genuinely love Kalkan but I''m not sure that everyone actually thinks about the consequences of what they write. Do we not have a responsibility to Kalkan and the people whose livelihoods depend on it''s tourism? I am not suggesting anyone should lie or try to cover up the negative aspects, I just feel we should think carefully before posting. It is not the first time that I have read of people being nervous about coming to Kalkan, or even considering cancelling a holiday because of things written on this forum. And I am sure many businesses have suffered after a negative review on EK.
Surely if Kalkan gives us so much we owe it to Kalkan to do it justice. The positive aspects do by far out- weigh the negative so lets not forget to make that very clear.

Offline kalcamp

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 05:35:40 AM »
Surely this is what the forum is for, so people can get a view of what a place is like b4 they go there.
 Do we have a responsibility to businesse or to those people who are visiting?
 If I go someowhere I want to know good and bad about it.
e.g. If there are mosquitos    I need a repellent
      I f taxi fares are high   I''d better bring money enough to pay or locate myself somewhere where I won''t have to use a taxi.  etc.  etc.

Interestingly this thread is called ''negative comments correct''
 I take that to mean all comments on here are useful negative and positve

Consequently Annaron enjoyed his holiday helped by info on this forum

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 09:16:10 AM »
And I am sure many businesses have suffered after a negative review on EK.
Surely the idea of peoples holiday review is to let others know how they got on.
Are they to omit all the meals that they considered over priced, poorly served, etc for the sake of the restaurant owner or that the villa they paid good money for was poorly maintained and in the middle of nowhere for the sake of the owner, or because they found it on this site?
Should they paint only the rosy picture of a resort that you find in holiday brosures?
Of course not, if there is a bad report for any business then it can only be good for Kalkan in the future as hopefully they will take the report as constructive criticism and improve their performance.
Are we saying that we can run ragged the airlines that bring people here but not the places that charge 40 lira for a bottle of less than average wine?.
Or is it that maybe some of the bad reports cut a bit close to the bone for some people.
The worst thing that happens is when regular users of restaurants high jack a report to promote or criticise for there own personnel reasons or file a report for the same reasons.
Yes the threads on dogs, burglaries, etc probably do make for bad reading but if they are posted in the correct forum subject then they can be read in a different light.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:23:30 AM by Hoca »

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 12:16:54 PM »
Too right Hoca, any holiday report or review should be warts n all,after all its the opinion of the writer and
readers can make up their own minds about where to visit,eat and drink ect.
the moonlight has a lot of great reports on this forum,but for me,I have never liked the look of it and so I have never had a drink in moonlight,but other people love the moonlight, that is their choice,not someone
elses.

Neil. >:D
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »
...is it the slope that puts you off, Fidimax...???
Believe me, after lots of alcohol it miraculously evens out  ;D ;D

No, Hoca and Fidimax are right here - usually a bad review is counteracted by someone saying they love the place...there isn''t anything universally disliked by all members - to my knowledge  ???
We are all able to make our own minds up...this year we visited a restaurant that had great reviews and we didn''t enjoy it - felt the service let them down and didn''t leave a tip. Similarly we visited a place that had mixed reviews...and loved it!! The negative views of that particular restaurant didn''t stop us from going - we made a choice knowing that some people didn''t like it, but others did!!

Long live free choice !!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 01:52:19 PM »
Its not the slope K4E,to me it seems to much like a british pub,and every time I walk by they are playing Abba or Agadoo songs,Its the music that puts me off.

Neil :o >:D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 02:11:10 PM »
I''ve never heard Agadoo at Moonlight...ever.  >:D >:D
If I did, we''d be out of there sharpish...We''ve done our Agadoo/Superman/mini disco years and have the scars to prove it...
Part of the reason we like Kalkan is because there aren''t lots of children running round to be honest. We''ve spent the last 20 years in child-orientated resorts and want to be grown-up for a while.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 02:21:38 PM »
that is a very good reason for going to kalkan,but if I hear Agadoos coming out of moonlight I will have a quick look to see who are doing the actions.  ;D

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 03:34:40 PM »
Hey Neil - whats the matter with Abba...??  :o :o >:D 

You obviously wouldnt have appreciated the recent 70''s night at the Kleo bar..!! LOL!!  Cant beat a good old disco tune anyday....but hey ho - each to their own - as others have pointed out...thats why Kalkan is so good for so many people - lots of variation in bars and restaurants so each person can make their own informed decisions....(excepting ABBA of course who SHOULD be universally adored.... :-* >:D)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
mobile phones and correct code

Started by baggies on General Discussion

21 Replies
Last post August 03, 2008, 09:18:00 PM
by Roger
xx
Personnal comments...

Started by Em1 on Politics & Debate

2 Replies
Last post February 25, 2009, 10:01:39 PM
by Em1
xx
returning holidaymakers comments

Started by chrisbluestar on General Discussion

17 Replies
Last post September 04, 2013, 05:05:19 PM
by onelove
xx
New music - comments and opinions please!

Started by MartynE on The Everything Else Area!

7 Replies
Last post October 14, 2010, 01:48:48 PM
by MartynE

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Stunning beach

Views: 2520
By: LancashireLass
Samira Turkish BBQ