Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Last day in Kalkan :(  (Read 3521 times)

Offline SarahLou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Last day in Kalkan :(
« on: August 26, 2012, 07:34:24 AM »
Firstly, thank you to everyone who helped answer my (sometimes rather stupid sounding) questions. I took notice of all the tips and advice you gave.  The best advice was no high heels needed. The second best tip was not to take too many clothes. Regretfully I ignored that and brought far too much that I didnt need.

Now onto my holiday. It was a first time trip for us and it has been fantastic! I have loved every second. Certainly bitten by the Kalkan bug. So much so that we will be returning in October and May!!!

The highlight for us was the boat trip on the Yildiz. I had booked by email before we got here and had a wonderful day on Yildiz 3 last week. We enjoyed it so much that we booked the sunset cruise a few days later. Great food and wonderful people.

The weather has obviously been VERY hot so at times our children have struggled in the heat.  We have spent long lazy days at our villa and then done our exploring in the evening when it's a little cooler. 

We had a trip to Kas yesterday.  My husband loved it and said he wished we were staying there. Whilst I enjoyed the visit I very much prefer Kalkan. I think he is mad!

We are staying in a superb villa at La Vanta. The views are incredible and it has been difficult to tear ourselves away. The clubhouse is great. Good food and lovely people. It has been simply perfect here.

Patara beach was lovely but just too hot for us. Will try again on our next trip.

Shopping has been an absolute dream.  After nearly two weeks of wandering in and out of all the fabulous shops I finally bought a gorgeous bag and purse from Misty May. What a lovely lady works there. I was so excited with my purchase that I kissed her!

We've had some great meals out - not many though because we've enjoyed being lazy at the villa instead.  So plenty more to try on our next holiday.

So - today's problem is how on earth do we decide which restaurant to go to for our final night.   I think it may be The Old Trading House or Sade.  Just not sure. What a hard life!

Tomorrow I shall be really sad to leave. Thank goodness we are coming back!

Thank you again for all your help and advice.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10070.0

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: Last day in Kalkan :(
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 08:30:53 AM »
I think everyone who visits Kalkan  falls in love with the place. Every year we say we will go elsewhere for a change but just cannot find a place that betters it.

We have been to other places in turkey Icmeler which we used to love and Olu Deniz which we could not get the same feel for.

Kalkan just has something special and hopefully we will be back again next year for the 10th time.

So pleased you had a great time.

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 09:25:15 AM »
People who don't know Kalkan are always amazed when we say we're going back for the 5th, 6th, 7th........and in October my 10th visit. We always said we wouldn't go back to the same place twice, as the world is big. I'm back in October too for a little break with my best friend and then flying back on my 50th birthday to be with my family.
I'm so glad you loved Kalkan and are returning.....may see you in October!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 12:32:12 PM »
So glad to hear you have enjoyed Kalkan and will be returning.  Sounds like you have had a wonderful time and have certainly been bitten by the bug!! Tell your husband that we have been to kas once for a holiday, stayed in a beautiful villa on the peninsula and had a great holiday, but we have now been to Kalkan 4 times and planning our fifth trip. Kas is lovely but we now prefer visiting for lunch, sightseeing only etc. I don't know what the secret ingredient is that makes Kalkan so special, must be something in the water!!!
Enjoy your last day and make the most of it.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 11:37:18 AM »
thanks for your report, SarahLou - so glad you've loved Kalkan :)
LaVanta is beautiful but quite a trek to town so I understand why you spent so much time up there. You might like to try staying closer on your next visit and comparing the two experiences - I'd be interested to know which one you preferred.
Lucky you going back in October...Half Term or a trip without the kids? Enjoy whatever :) :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Saklikent

Views: 3503
By: jofoss
Meis