Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Keith can..........in Kalkan!!  (Read 72249 times)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Keith can..........in Kalkan!!
« on: April 23, 2017, 01:51:11 PM »
Only 8 weeks and we will be back. I've decided on the title for my new posts and hope to share.............. Keith can..........in Kalkan!!
Let's see where it takes us

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13686.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Keith can..........in Kalkan!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 03:41:56 PM »
Snappy and to the point :)  I'll be looking out for what keith can do in Kalkan...intriguing!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Sezkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
    • Fabio
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 07:09:15 PM »
..... and what he can't do ......
Our property - 3 bed, 3 bath, OWN POOL, fab location:-

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p1897579
www.kalkanpad.com
Facebook:- Apartment Fabio, Kalkan

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 10:27:13 AM »
it looks like a puzzle, as in 'fill in the blank'.  My answer is:

Keith can Can-Can in Kalkan.

(Don't try saying this at home without a suitable professional present to advise…)
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »
Love it Keith! can't wait to read all about what you Can Can do!!! 8 weeks, that will be here in no time  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 03:40:31 PM »
Yay, I'm looking forward very much to hear what Keith can do and please report back on what he can't do too, don't keep us guessing   ;) ;D

Perfect title.  ;D

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »
This play on words made me think about the others that have become part of Kalkan life.....

I was explaining to my sister the concept of Kalkancalf  ( the pain in your lower limbs on about day 3 of hill climbing) and Kalkankles ( the swelling experienced in the general foot/ankle region) ........

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 07:11:04 PM »
...and my theory, Haybo, is that one follows the other. Either the calf pain causes the ankles to swell or the fat feet cause the pain in your calf because of their inability to bend.
A scientific (sort of) experiment will follow in ooooohhh a shade over 6 weeks from now ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:04:02 PM by kalkan4eva »

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 07:39:55 PM »
Hurray for Keith.   We look forward to hearing all about your time in Kalkan.   8 weeks to go?  I must start checking how many weeks before our next trip - could be I will be reading your blog while actually in Kalkan.

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »
This time in 4 weeks we should hopefully have arrived and unpacked ready to enjoy 14 days of Kalkan's delights.

Keith can..........totally relax.........in Kalkan

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 12:11:09 AM »
We're slightly ahead of you...a measly 16 days for us now.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 04:57:50 AM »
12     8) 8)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 11:46:52 AM »
Ha, you win, BL  ;D

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 03:23:09 PM »
Well this time next week we will be back in the special place that is Kalkan. The last few weeks have flown by and everything is in place. Just got to pack the suitcases.

Keith can........start the real build up to his holiday.........in Kalkan

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 09:01:58 AM »
Oh stop teasing us Keith. I thought you were in Kalkan already and I was looking forward to reading your first post ;D ;D

I hope this week flies for you.  :)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 01:19:36 PM »
Just finished packing the suitcases ready for our 07.10hrs flight from Gatwick.  This time tomorrow we'll be in Kalkan.

Keith can........be assured that he is fully prepared for his holiday..........in Kalkan!!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 01:20:44 PM »
Keith you must be there now! Have a wonderful time, and look forward to hearing about your holiday!!  :) :) :)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 07:26:32 AM »
Packing the suitcases is normally one of those tasks that I enjoy but in the oppressive summer heat of the UK this was anything but enjoyable!! My normal calm and unflappable  demeanour quickly ebbed away as the sweat cascaded down my brow. The new suitcases were also proving to be a bit of a challenge as they  are the lightweight rigid variety and I needed to adjust my packing method to get everything to fit in. It does look as though I've packed half of a supermarket in them......we have potions and pills to cater for any eventuality. Oh well task completed time for a few hours sleep before our early morning departure to Gatwick.
Journey to the airport was uneventful and we arrived half an hour earlier than planned. We had opted to use premium valet parking and as we pulled up in front of the terminal building we were met by a very friendly and bubbly greeter. We exchanged a bit of friendly banter before we made our way to the Monarch check in desk. There were no queues and everything was going extremely smoothly until the girl behind the desk started to ask questions about what we had packed in the suitcases. It transpired that we shouldn't have packed my small digital camera!! We then got into a bit of a debate over the recently introduced rules about what you can and cannot carry in your hand luggage when returning from Dalaman and she confessed that she hadn't read the new rules as it didn't affect her? Thankfully I could remember which suitcase and where I had packed the camera and very quickly retrieved it. I was quickly through security but, as always happens, Tracey set off the alarm. She had been extremely careful to remove any item of jewellery that could potentially trigger the alarm and we have now reached the conclusion that it must be her M&S underwired bras that cause the problem. She's now contemplating going braless on the return journey (or perhaps not).
Our flight was slightly delayed but after a smooth flight we arrived at Dalaman on schedule at 13.10hrs. A small queue at the security desks but very quickly through to collect our bags. I'm not quite sure how it happened but, for the first time ever, our two bags were the first onto the carousel  and both together. Bags in hand we were out of the airport and into our private transfer. We couldn't have hoped for such a smooth journey from start to finish and arrived at our villa at 3.15pm.

Keith can.........look forward to enjoying his first Efes......,.in Kalkan

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 11:07:25 AM »
The good thing about returning to the same villa as we rented on our last visit is that you know where everything is and how everything works. However, new kitchen has been installed and this presented us with our first challenge!! This is one room in the property that we don't use when on holiday as we enjoy eating out every night. We tend to just use 2 coffee mugs, 2 wine glasses and 2 water tumblers; which has the added advantage that there's very little washing up to be done (although there is a dishwasher). Tracey very quickly found the mugs and glasses but, couldn't find any cutlery including the teaspoon that we would need for making our coffee. She checked every drawer and cupboard but could not spot any cutlery.....it was at this point that I was asked to join in the search. I thought that this would be a simple task and double checked everywhere. I too couldn't find the illusive teaspoon although logic told me that the well stocked kitchen MUST have cutlery. As I was having one final look Tracey spotted that there was a drawer within one of the drawers and lo and behold therein was the full range of implements.

Unpacking completed we headed up for showers and got ready for a quiet drink and meal in town. First stop was Berzegan's pub for our first Efes. It tasted just as good as we remembered and confirmed that we were back in our beloved Kalkan. We then headed off to Mussaka for a delicious meal and bottle of wine.  We had the mixed boruk starter to share followed by Hammam fainted. Really enjoyable food and attentive service. Complimentary almond liqueur sunk then off back home via the little shop next door to Bezirgans. A few essential provisions purchased including the prerequisite bottle of wine to drink on the roof terrace.

Keith can.......enjoy a cold Efes.......in Kalkan

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
¬
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 02:47:04 PM »
Keith what a perfect start to your holiday, sounds bliss! and glad you located the teaspoons, poor Tracey setting off the alarm in the airport! I have just come back from a School trip to France, and the exact same thing happened to one of my colleagues, much to my amusement! Imagine you are settling in nicely today, enjoy your holiday  :D

J&B

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Who Lives here?

Views: 3330
By: zros
Ephesus