Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan: nice but pricey  (Read 28883 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Kalkan: nice but pricey
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 06:12:15 PM »
No Eniste, I actually meant Boris and the assorted aristocracy Alantj mentions... ;)
I''ve nothing against titled gentry per se, but I''m originally from Liverpool and scousers don''t think to highly of Boris (I''m more than sure the feeling is mutual...but in playground tradition...he started it and it was without provacation.. :angel:)

So sadly, it could have been an assortment of peasants with Boris and I would still feel the same...the desire to see him chased UP the hills by that nasty dalmation everone keeps referring to is overwhelming    >:D

NB I think Simon Heffer actually wrote the damning infamous article in the Spectator but it was the editor''s piece and as he was Editor at the time, he had to take the rap...in true playground tradition he had the opportunity to say" it wasn''t me, it was him".

Way off topic...sorry, but I have no axe to grind with restaurant owners and needed to make that clear :)

BL, you need to name and shame..you sang like a bird when pressed on the airline  :laugh: :laugh:
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2008, 08:44:30 PM »
Please can we make sure we dont drift off topic

Thanks  :)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2008, 11:50:56 PM »
I think that you have to look at the overall package you get in most of the restaurants. Look at the service quality of food and the total ambiance, fantastic views etc. When I look at that I cant see how people can complain about the price !!!!

I travel the world eating in many varied places and can honestly say that Kalkan is up there with the best of them.

:)

Offline hel66

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2008, 07:36:14 AM »
If you travel Turkey you will find equally good service, great people,fantastic views and equally good, if not better food all at a much CHEAPER price.
 I think this is the point.   There is no need for restaurateurs to overcharge like they do in Kalkan
Save Kisiltas- ban the D400

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 08:37:34 AM »
I understand that but where ever you go you can always say there is some where nicer.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2008, 09:17:59 AM »
my response about the prices rising was in answer to the reply blaming things on 10% inflation...in my instance what i witnessed was 100% greed...i don''t for the life of me know where talk of gentry ,boris etc came from! the people being charged over the top were a large party of tourists ..nothing more...naming the restaurant would serve no purpose other than cause like and dislike posts,I love Kalkan with a passion ...it''s people are great as are the turkish in general,i can get ripped off anywhere in the world no more so than at home!!but if i see it then i don''t have to like it or indeed put up with it...myself and mrs lizard can find plenty of places with a warm welcome ,good food and good prices...if i get a nice view with my pudding great..if i don''t i will go and find one afterwards!! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 10:44:22 AM »
OK I admit it Kalkan''s finest soup kitchen probably wasn''t visited by Boris and asorted, tiara and pearl wearing, aristocratic hangers on,  I clearly will have to be more careful to label any toungue in cheek comment with ***  :laugh:JOKE :laugh:!!!!

More seriously, I think that where forum members have actually witnessed (rather than just heard about)   rip offs they should name the party concerned, just as they would if recommending them for good service.

In all tourist areas there are restaurants and bars who rely on the rapid turnover of customers to get away with poor service and overcharging, forewarning people about these is probably one of the best services a forum such as this can provide to new or occassional visitors to Kalkan. 

Regards

Alan

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2008, 11:13:54 AM »
as i have said "naming the restaurant would serve no purpose other than cause like and dislike posts" doubtless many of the forum members are happy with the service this particular restaurant offers..i would hate to spoil the impressions they may have...i gladly "outed" Thomas Cook because they are big enough and ugly enough to look after themselves!!i can still find brilliant food and good prices...and the fresh fruit and veg off the market is second to none...i have been going to kalkan for 20 odd years and am still of an age where i can possibly fit another 20 in!! ;) which god willing i shall...(note to self pack up fags and booze ::))

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2008, 11:24:24 AM »
i should also like to point out that i think Bungling Boris would be great in kalkan as he would keep the mosquitos away from everybody else.....if you were a mozzie you just couldn''t resist a little nibble could you? ;D  >:D

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2008, 01:04:51 PM »
I see your reason for your views on Boris, K4E.  Many of those of us from London simply remember Red Ken and that makes Boris seem quite positive, certainly in my eyes.  Thay said, Pol Pot compares quite well with Ken!

On whether BL should name and shame, I think he should be allowed to maintain a diplomatic silence (or send me a PM).

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Wow - nice to see billionaires in Kalkan!

Started by maryjane on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post September 16, 2009, 05:52:41 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Nice new Spa !!!

Started by Kalkandream on Accommodation and Hotels

7 Replies
Last post February 24, 2014, 09:04:55 AM
by Kalkandream
xx
Have I got this right??? Be nice to the nasties?

Started by Wendy on The Everything Else Area!

3 Replies
Last post April 05, 2010, 09:59:45 PM
by Wendy
xx
Nice Photographs

Started by pasha on General Discussion

20 Replies
Last post March 06, 2008, 08:54:28 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal