Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan mode about to be entered BEWARE!  (Read 26206 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Kalkan mode about to be entered BEWARE!
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2016, 12:59:44 PM »
Enjoying your reports, joycie.
We are also secret bacon smugglers, never had a problem, but I love that Daisy (still cant get over this name for a man...) wraps his in Christmas paper...assuming this is to fool customs officers should he be stopped and cases inspected.??

We've stayed at Sahane - lovely apartment, great views and a mere hop skip and a jump away from the old town. When we're out and about on our epic walks and pass the Dere development we always reminisce about staying there...loved it.

Looking forward to hearing more about your stay...make sure Dad keeps his sugar levels up, what an attention seeker :laugh: :laugh:
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2016, 07:34:50 PM »
Thoroughly enjoying your posts Joyce......they are making me reminisce about our last visit and.......wetting our appetite for next June.......can't come soon enough!!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2016, 09:15:43 PM »
Today has been a really lovely day. Woke up with a start this morning seem to be sleeping in a little longer each morning and always feel guilty if I haven't made the tea and coffee and despatched to the upper level by 7.30.
We were going to meet friends at the Nur apartments today. They are lovely apartments and we'd stopped there three times ourselves and on one of these occasions Mandy and Paul and Jackie and Tim were also residing there. Mor wasn't feeling brill this morning so she and Daisy stopped by the pool. We got ready and set out and just before Carrefour Bri remembered that he hadn't got his jelly babies or his blood monitoring machine. Only one answer back he went to retrieve them I stopped in be shade of Carrefour.
Watched the cars and taxis hearing up and down the road waiting for Bri but he returned quite quickly and off we meandered again.
Got to the Nur and decided to have a drink at Passeport Pizza. Ordered a fresh orange and a Turkish tea and two fresh oranges appeared. Brian drank the other one no probs. Paid the bill 24tl. Went through the bar up he stairs and we were there by the Nur pool.
Jackie and Tim were lounging by the pool and Mandy and Paul were still in bed because they'd had a late arrival. It was lovely to catch up and then Mandy and Paul arrived with fresh figs and oranges and we all caught up and confirmed our cocktail master class for Saturday at Black and Gold.
We were busy chatting when a Turkish gentleman and the little girl that had served us to our orange juice appeared with 14tl and apologised for overcharging us for our orange drinks. I couldn't believe it we were happy with what we paid and the honesty in returning the overpayment was wonderful. So we ordered three Efes and an orange juice duly delivered and they were wonderful.
Mor had texted me to say they were going to Hunkers for lunch so I replied saying that we would meet them there.
They were already there when we arrived so two more Efes and Bri had a small pizza Dave had chicken wings and Mor and I had Pide and a share in some chicken wings. Ooh they were lovely too. Climb back to Sahane and a nice cup of tea.
Dave went for a swim  and Mor me and Bri chewed the cud till Daisy's return.
I was feeling fat and tired but dying for a swim. Mor hadn't got her costume on but quickly went upstairs and changed when I decided that I was going to take the plunge. Oh it was lovely we swam a few lengths of the pool and because it was so hot decided to dry out on the chairs by the pool,
The umbrella became a challenge and me and Mor disappeared in its confines whilst trying to put it up. We couldn't stop laughing but neither Dad or Daisy appeared to help us do in a eureka moment Mor put it up and we sat breathing heavily on the chairs.
We decided to invent some different events for the olympics. One which Mors son had a gold medal in was wanging cat poo with  a stick and attaining the target of the top of a line post. Apparently this had been done in a fit of rage once but we decided to set an Olympic standard of cat poo wangling in our deranged state by the side of the pool.
Time to shower and get changed methinks. Dinner was to be at Ramdan ? Might have that wrong but next to Seaport on the harbour.
We went to Fenners first for a drink. It was lovely sitting there watching the boats return, the two Yildiz boats returned together and a big gullet not recognised by me also sailed steadily into the harbour.
We finished our drinks and proceeded over the road to Ramjam or Golden Plate as it was previously known. We had stuffed mushrooms and cheese rolls for starters Bri had liver and onions I had chicken tikka Mor had a fillet stake and Dave had a sizzling chicken. They were absolutely delicious and Mor said her steak was on a par with Tuesday's meal.
We'd had a starter a bottle of red and a bottle of white and the meals came to 360tl.
We finished with complimentary  Baileys and Mor had iced apple juice. It was lovely.
We paid the bill and meandered to the taxis. We wanted to stop at a Yacht point to make a donation towards the vets bills for a little dog that had been hit by a car and broken it's leg. His owner was there and so was the dog. We fell I love with it made our donation and went to the taxi rank.
We were soon despatched up the road to Sahane and ended our day with a glass of wine on the terrace. Tomorrow we are cocktail making cant wait.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2016, 11:25:05 PM »
Loving it Joycie!!! But how did Mors son get the cat to poo on the stick?🙀🙀
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2016, 05:52:43 AM »
Well Blue Lizard the answer to that is I don't know. Apparently the cat poo stopped unnoticed on the top of the line post next door for ages.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2016, 02:48:48 PM »
This thread has taken an alarming and totally unexpected new direction! Thats what I Love about this forum.  Our capacity to share the most bizzare yet hilarious anecdotes is what brings me back again and again.  Come on joycie and Mor...what next? My son and I like to sit on woggles/noodles like they are a bike or horse and have what we call 'bobo races'. This stems from what my grandmother tells me I used to call horses...bobo's!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2016, 08:13:12 PM »
We have had a wonderful day today. Lots of doing nothing but a real pleasing feeling inside nevertheless.
We were meeting the Nur crowd fir a cocktail seminars today at Black and Gold so we decided to start our day by the pool.  Dave had cooked breakfast as usual and it was delicious. We made sure that Dad had enough  carbohydrates and ate egg bacon mushrooms the the to die for tomatoes and a lovely piece of toast.
Dave went down to the pool and Bri followed. Mor and I decided not to get wet as we were going cocktail making later.
We left Sahane at 12.00 and made our way to Sopranos for lunch. We had been when Bri was in hospital and it was Hann? In those days.
Sat out of the sun and ordered omelettes and a bowl of chips for four. Two Efes and a delicious meal later it was time to meet up with the Nur crowd. Then two delicious on the house sweets arrived and it would have been rude not to eat them so we did. We decided that we must have an evening meal there.
Waited by the island for a bit wondering if we were at the right one. Dave and Bri had gone shopping for tonight's gastronomic experience so Mor and I decided to walk down to Black and Gold to see if the others were there.
Turned the corner and there they were. Couldn't remember where to meet us. Well that was there excuse and they were sticking to it.
Went in to Black and Gold. Had passed it before but never been in but it was lovely. We had booked our cocktail class on line. Eight seats were there with glasses of water and some lovely picky bits to keep us going.
We were paired off and Mor and I did the first cocktail trial. It was a brain something or other but absolutely delicious. Burak had given us a short resume of how cocktails had come into being and it was really interesting.
The next four had a go at their cocktails all different and all delicious and we also had a go at making shots. It was brilliant another cocktail or two to be mastered Mor was put on the naughty step for drinking hers before she should and then the final part was a competition between the six of us.
We split into two teams of three. Burak made the cocktail first and we had to divide the making of it into three parts. It was wonderful and the judge decided that Mandy Jackie and Hannah were the winners and they were given a bottle of champagne as a prize.
We all had lovely certificates and left feeling very happy and slightly tipsy after ou master class.
Taxi home and tea was undeway. Chicken in a sweet chille sauce with jacket potato and salad. Delicious.
As we left Black and Gold we decided we would all meet up at Sahane on Sunday to drink the champagne and then go for dinner afterwards.
It was such a lovely day and we still have Kekova on Monday. Can't wait.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2016, 09:58:11 PM »
Sunday today nearly been here a week. Where's that gone to? Lovely breakfast cooked by Daisy as usual and then decisions decisions where to today. Alright Palm Beach it was. Bag packed hiking boots on and down the slippery slope to town. Needed some money changing and the jewellers has the best rates. It's bank holiday and the banks are shut for a week. Yardans first call but they hadn't got any lire they'd got to go to the cash dispenser to get some. No I couldn't work that one out. One door away next jewellers. Oh my the most beautiful sapphire bracelet was gleaming in the window. Bri had bought me one last time we were out but this was the bracelets of all bracelets. There was a no you can't have it but we also didn't ask the price. Watch this space.
Money changed onwards to the harbour. It was hot but we made it down and the Palm Beach boat was waiting. We boarded only one other passenger apart from us four and off we went. It was choppy but only a hop skip and a jump. I can't help thinking that if we had been sat on the beach watching us we'd have thought we were mad.
Arrived in no time and the boat mans breakfast was waiting for him. He took it and stowed it in the stern and we ascended the steps to the first level. There was nobody sitting there so we chose four front row seats manoeuvred them out of the sun and proceeded to watch the day boats leave the harbour. I love watching them and soon they were under sail and away.
11.30 was yardarm time so we climbed up the next level to the restaurant. I noticed that the swinging chair that Bri loved after his heart attack has gone. Just boring old sun beds.
We sat down and ordered four Efes. They were delicious. Think only another couple of people joined us and we reminisced how different to the last time when we could hardly get a seat.
Enjoyed our lunch and moved back to our chairs. I fell asleep it was very warm but lovely and a few more people had made the trip across.
About 4 we decided to make the return journey so we settled our bill and the boat was called to pick us up. He bounced across the sea and made it to safe harbour where another lovely plate of food awaited him. This again was stowed on the back of the boat and he watched it all the way back over making sure that it didn't disappear into the ocean.
We stopped at the little supermarket on the harbour bought some Efes and butter then made our way to the taxi rank.
He winged us up to Sahane and charged us 8tl. Now yesterday same journey 7tl and I gave him a 10tl note. It's just that I hate being ripped off and I wonder what the price will be next time.
We went straight to the pool. It was wonderful. Bri had gone to the loo and when he returned he'd got a tray full of tea it was wonderful.
We were meeting up with the Nur lot. Got a text from Mandy saying she'd got hair troubles so they wouldn't arrive till 7. Walked down to Carrefour to see if I could see them but no sign so Bri took my place and espied them walking up the road.
The sun was just setting and it's a magnificent site from Sahane. I rushed them up to the pent house suite which Mor and Daisy had left in pristine condition and when they stepped out on to the balcony they couldn't believe their eyes.
The view is out of this world and with a setting sun it was just unbelievable. They had bought our winnings or rather our listings with them so I opened it gave the lads an Efes and all marvelled the view. They now know that as much as I love the Nur the view from Sahane is unbeatable and that's why I just love it there. They loved the bedroom of the pent house suite and I feel that if I'm not careful I'll be fighting to book my own piece of paradise soon.
We meandered down to town. Went to Samdan again because the steaks were so lovely last time.
The roof terrace soon filled up and so did Seaport next door. Everybody enjoyed their meals and there was no room for puddings so the next stop was BSG where Mandy had negotiated a decent discount for her purchases.
I hadn't got a key so decided we should go home before Mor and Dave locked us out. The town was packed and do were a lot of the restaurants. Dave and Mor had been to Aqua at Kalamar and said that is was very quiet and that the owner had told them he wasn't sure if he'd be open next year.
So sad I hope that he is. Oh well Kekova tomorrow can't wait.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2016, 07:01:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing Joycie....you are certainly packing in the fun. Look forward to hearing about Kekova.....am determined to do that agin this year!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2016, 09:00:33 PM »
Oh Joycie we are so enjoying your holiday reports, it's just like we are there. Thank you so much for posting. Have a lovely day at Kekova. Will it be a trip to the Castle or the icecream shop like it was for us?? Fingers crossed for Cafe Aqua though. So sad for them isn't it?

J&B
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:06:21 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2016, 06:31:25 AM »
With great apologies my blog may be a little late today. I sat for an hour breathing in the beauty of Kekova and doing my account of our wonderful day. Somehow and if I could I would blame Bri but he was snoring raucously behind me while I gathered my thoughts. Satisfaction blog done press the button Hey Presto NOT. Don't know what button I pressed but in an instant the whole shebang had disappeared without a trace.
I promise that when I return to Kalkan it will be done again.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2016, 08:27:59 AM »
Sat on our balcony at Sahil regathering my thoughts. Just had a delicious breakfast by the sea. Saw the bread delivered and everybody queued to get their fresh bread. What a way for the baker to deliver in a boat. The cherry jam was so beautiful two fried eggs cheese tomatoes cucumber and lovely lovely butter. We watched our orange juice be made and an obligatory cup of Nescafé rounded it all off.
Back to yesterday. We waited for the car to be delivered it arrived we inspected it for scratches and then tootled off to the garage to feed it with some petrol. So we were off.
Onto the Kas road the views never fail to amaze me. Past Adems we're going to call there on the way back and ask him to pick us up one evening so that we can have a lovely meal there.
Stopped for a photo shoot over Kas marina. Off again. It reminded me of the journey Bri and I had taken to Antalya at the end of our heart attack holiday.
We found the turning fir Kekova and meandered round the roads mostly behind a bus which just kept missing people coming the other way.
We arrived and it was chaos. People were trying to get us to park on their property in the hopes that we would avail ourselves of one of their relatives boats. We pressed on to the municipal car park behind the bus that was just squeezing through the narrow streets.
The car park was chocca block but we managed to find a space.
We left our stuff  in the car and walked round through all the stalls to a riverside bar where we were being picked up by Eric. Don't know his real name but he reminded Mor of someone she knew called  Eric so that is who he became.
Dave phoned him to tell him we were here and he said he'd be over. They fetched the stuff from the bar and we all had an Efes while we waited.
Our transport arrived a lovely motor launch we got in and sped off across the water.
We saw Sahil Pansiyon as we came in to land and it was delightful.Four lovely tables sat on the water well on a pontoon but absolutely wonderful.
We went to our room. Mor and Daisy were next door and there was a lovely little fence between the terraces. We decided to have lunch before our swim. That was delicious so fully sated it was time to get changed and go for a swim.
Down the steps and into the sea it was so warm. We were knee deep and although it was crystal clear it was difficult to negotiate the bottom of the ocean, Refreshed we decided to have a look at the castle whose flag was flying proudly in the wind.
Daisy said he'd meet us at the bottom of the steps by our room. I digress the name of the castle is Kalekoy and the village is Kalekoy (castle village) just prompted by Daisy.
We started the ascent. Oh flipping heck hadn't got my hat or put any sun tan lotion on. What a novice am I.
The inhabitants of Kalekoy must have been giants judging by the size of the steps and I was struggling to get up. Lots of Turkish ladies selling and one little old lady spotted Mor and I were English and insisted that she gave us a good luck charm. Duly pinned to our t shirts Mors became a nipple covered. It was a lovely thought.
On we went. I wanted to five up inside but no through the turnstile to the castle although heaven knows why we couldn't go through the open gate and then I saw the steps. WOW.
Mor talked me out of sitting on a nice comfortable stone and we carried on to the top.
The view was fantastic but dangerous if you went near the edge but I'd done it. Down we went and stopped at a lovely little cafe half way down. Oh for a drink so my choice was fresh orange and pomegranate juice. Nectar comes to mind. The others had tea and complimentary sponge cake which was deliciouss. I watched the kids queuing for ice cream. They were given a plastic spoon and were allowed to try the different flavours..You can see that happening at home.
Back down to Sahil quicker than we went up.Retired to our rooms showered and met on the terrace for a drink. It was so lovely all the trip boats had gone and it was so peaceful.
We were going to eat somewhere different but didn't want to upset Eric. Mor climbed over the fence on to our terrace with a little help from her friends and we tiptoed down the stairs straight into Eric.  Oh dear serves us right for being devious. Evening Eric how nice to see you no thank you we don't need a torch oh the shame of it.
We meandered through the restaurants chose our desired eating place and sat down.
We asked for one white two red and a beer. Then the masters wife came and we told her exactly the same. So what did we get two white one red and a beer. We were very polite and accepted it graciously.
This is where I leave you and return on the little boat. More will be revealed in my next blog.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2016, 08:33:31 AM »
Sounds lovely Joycie......and you made it to the top, well done! Next time remember protection......sounds like certain bits of Mor were ok though!  ;D ;D

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2016, 01:24:29 PM »
So we were in the restaurant trying  to get a drink. The table behind us was still full of wine and empty glasses and we noticed how much respect wine had been left. Our drinks had arrived and although different to our order everything was fine. Food next. Mor and I had sea bass Dave had a spicy kebab and Bri had chicken.It came with the biggest late of chips but they were delicious and we really enjoyed them. Meanwhile the people on the table behind had appeared and proceeded to finish the wine that we had spotted. They were off a great big cruiser moored by the restaurant. We loved our meal and when we decided to pay they brought the most beautiful baklava to the table which we wolfed down without a thought.
Time to return  to our accommodation. Lovely walk through the other restaurants across the little beach and we were there. Decided to have a night cap and I started my blog. Big mistake "After a drink or two we retired. Bri was snoring in no time while I sat studying my blog, an hour later I posted it or so I thought and guess what nothing there.
Give up I'll do it in the morning.
Morning came and we were awake quite early aware that we'd got to wend our way to Kalkan. Breakfast was served on the pontoon at the front of the pansiyon.
Tomatoes and cucumber cheese and butter fried eggs and the most beautiful home made cherry jam. We wolfed it down with Nescafé and freshly pressed orange juice
After breakfast Dave decided to go for a swim. Mor sat on the terrace with me and Bri and I tried to concentrate on my blog.
Dave returned we seethed up with Eric and got into the lovely boat for our return trip. It was so lovely and he took us to the quay not far from where the car was parked.
We stowed our stuff and then meandered off to look at the stalls yonder. Mor bought a lovely dress and Zi bought a dress which cost at least £4.

Back to the car and on our return journey we had decided that we would look in on Adem and then go up to Islamar for a trout lunch.
We made good time and when we came up to Kaputas we couldn't believe the amount of cars parked as far as the eye could see. Heavens knows what fun there was in that.
Lovely Adem welcomed us and we explained that we only wanted a drink but would he pick us up on Thursday and we would catch up then. We looked at the menu and the guest reviews and of course they were fabulous,
From Adems we went to our favourite trout restaurant in Islamar and had a beautiful Neal with wine and Efes.
Back to Kalkan and reality.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2016, 01:28:42 PM »
What I should have said is Adems daughters engagement party is a week on Friday at the bus station and he invited us to go,

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2016, 02:21:38 PM »
Terrific blogs Joyce especially after the frustration with 'losing' your original one. That happened to me last year and I found it quite difficult to summon up the motivation needed to start again. You've not only managed to re-write it but also managed to complete two thoroughly enjoyable reads. Sounds like you are having a great time and what an honour to be invited to the engagement party.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2016, 05:43:23 AM »
Just reread my blog from yesterday and realised at some point I had a beautiful Neal. Well I wish but as you've probably guessed it was a meal.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2016, 01:59:04 PM »
Just catching up with your adventures Joycie, sounds absolutely wonderful, so glad you had a fab time in Kekova  :D :D

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2016, 03:01:10 PM »
Well believe it or not this is the fourth attempt that I've had to try and finish yesterday's blog. So attempt number 5 here we go.
We called at the ATM in Kalkan for some English money so that we could change it to TL later and then meandered back to Sahane.
Dave and Mor went in the pool and Bri and I did some reading and caught up on our I pads.
We had a shower changed and decided to go to Chilies tonight to see Mr Happy.
As we walked out of the gate at Sahane a lady asked us if that was the name of the apartment we were from because she had read my blog and noticed Sahane as she walked down the  road. I asked her if she did reports but she said no but she did read them. It was nice to talk to her and we wondered off down to town.
We were going to have a drink at the beagle bar or Bezigrans but I wanted a small handbag for everyday use so that I could save my Coco Chanel for best. The lads went off to change the money and we went to Sports Direct.

Found a lovely White bag which I really liked. It wasn't small but what the heck but salesman wanted £50 for it. No way £10 which I had in my purse was my limit. He went white told me I was breaking his heart and I said Thankyou but no Thankyou and turned to go. Mor found me just what I wanted a Stella McCartney of course . Well what else would you get for £10. Sold to the lady with the £10 note and oh 5tl so that he could buy his cigarettes.
Said farewell clutching my £10 Stella and turned towards Bezigrans. Didn't make it there but sat and had a drink at the one with the yellow seats. Ashamed to say I've forgotten the name.
We made Chilies seemed strange without Euan meeting and greeting but Mr Happy was pleased to see us. Because it's Bayram the town is very busy and there was a large Turkish family eating there with a very loud tired screaming child. He was just so tired but Mom and Dad then had the sense to lay him on a couple of chairs and he went to sleep.
Peace reigned.  Daisy had a massage from Mr Happy and we had the lovely puffy bread starter and chicken in various modes for our mains. Pudding was chocolate brownie and ice cream for me ice cream for Mor and Bri and Daisy had the Turkish form of Viagara or so Mr Happy said. I don't know whether it worked or not didn't like to ask.
We left Chilies music was played and sung at Blue Turtle and it was lovely.
Back up to Sahane a drink on the top terrace and off to bed. A fabulous day.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2016, 03:41:12 PM »
Yesterday was Indigo beach day again. We like  it there easy to get to and the food is excellent. Not many people when we arrived but it soon filled up mainly Turkish who were celebrating bay ram. Cigarettes in one hand phone in the other they were certainly enjoying their bank holiday. The town is full and everywhere you look there are cars parked. Even in the road outside Sahane.
We decided to have an Efes and that always leads  on to lunch. Bri had his favourite tuna salad I'm sure he'll be swimming like a fish when we get home. It's so hot at the moment but we managed to keep in the shade.
We decided to return to Sahane as we were going to have a bbq. The harbour was empty every single boat must have gone out I've never seen it so bereft of boats.
Taxi back and into the cool. Daisy and Dad went to get our food for the bbq.
The sun started to depart and we decided to eat at about 7.30. On the top terrace is such a beautiful place to eat and the sunset is spectacular there.
Slight rearrangement of the sun beds and the table so that we could eat together.
Starters was mushrooms with cheese. Well I've never seen such a small mushroom in my life.
Daisy said the green grocers was lacking any decent mushrooms and of course I believe him.
I polished off my mushroom oh and half of another one without moaning I might have said oh I did enjoy that mushroom and any more would have been too much NOT.
On to our main course. Beef burger and chicken. The beef burger was delicious and so was the chicken but I wish I'd had more mushroom just saying Daisy.
We sat back and relaxed and took in the beauty of the evening. We laughed a lot always do and decided to retire well satisfied with our day.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan pet owners beware

Started by Lantana on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 07:28:51 PM
by Cosetta
xx
Beware !

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post September 30, 2011, 09:29:24 PM
by misty
xx
BEWARE - more burglaries

Started by happy days on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post September 07, 2012, 06:49:40 PM
by Firecat
xx
Beware - burglars about

Started by Nicky Adams on General Discussion

25 Replies
Last post August 21, 2012, 11:57:19 AM
by happy days

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

my little friend!

Views: 2960
By: kaz1865
Yakapark Trout.JPG