Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan mode about to be entered BEWARE!  (Read 25898 times)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Kalkan mode about to be entered BEWARE!
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 03:21:33 PM »
Think I ought to change the heading on my blog to Days out in Kalkan with Daisy and Dad?

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 09:10:18 PM »
Sounds Good - just as long as it's got a title that's memorable (especially for those of us with short memories) - now where was I? :angel:
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 09:58:27 PM »
Cloud cuckoo land just like me by the sound of it. Oh dear there really is no hope. Perhaps Kalkan will save me roll on tomorrow.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2016, 10:18:07 PM »
Hurry up,  it's wonderful out here  :D

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2016, 09:25:02 AM »
Well cases all packed hand luggage weighed and measured. We're flying with Monarch from Brum and they can be a bit fussy with hand luggage so I've made sure that my handbag will go into my carry on just in case. Remember spending a very bitter and twisted time in Birrmingham departures comparing everybody else's hand luggage after I had been asked to get rid of my handbag once. There were loads that were bigger than mine and Brian had to stop me from asking the question to Monarch.
We've already checked in printed our boarding pass etc so just drop off our cases and duty free here we come.
So next time we speak well be well ensconced in Kalkan and hopefully Daisy and Dad will be a double act again.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Re: Kalkan mode about to be entered BEWARE
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2016, 07:21:37 AM »
The airport was a doddle except for Dads hand luggage which was rechecked for a suspicious item. No not me this time Daisy. The tripod for his camera which has flown here there and everywhere with us came up on the scanner. Oh well better safe than sorry.
Our flight was due to take off at 2.30 but we boarded the plane before 2.00 and were waiting our take off slot well before due time. The plane was half full or half empty depending on whether you're an optimist or a pessimist but that meant that there was plenty of room in the overhead lockers and it was so easy to disembark it was unbelievable. Flight was 3hours40mins really smooth and we landed at Dalaman with a few other flights. Again baggage came through quickly through to where the drivers wait and an old friend was waiting who had taken us many times to and fro Dalaman.
We stopped for water and Bri and I ate a sandwich which we had purchased at the airport. I know w I digress but we had lunch at Wetherspoons at Brum very nice but the prices were out of this world. We moan about Dalaman prices but a large glass of red wine was £6.80 pint of John Smiths £3.80 and meals which we would normally have had on a mealdeal were over £20.
Anyway enough moaning I'm on my holidays. We sped on our white knuckle road to Kalkan. I gripped Dads hand and never have I been so thrilled to see Kalkan in all my life.Samet was there to greet us and we walked into lovely Sahane and felt we were home.
I decided to unpack there and then so set to it and then we settled on the balcony with a glass of red wine.
It was so warm. We retired Bri put the air con on in the bedroom. I was freezing so Bri turned it off. I was boiling so Bri put it back on. Get the pattern. Suffice to say we are smiling and about to start our wonderful three weeks in Kalkan. Just waiting for Mor and Daisy and t he laughing will begin.

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 08:20:34 AM »
Glad you had a good journey Joy, flight time is amazing. 3 weeks is great, we hope to do that one day lol!! Enjoy and thanks for posting 💕

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 10:26:51 AM »
Glad you arrived safe and sound Joycie. I'm laughing as I read this as that air con scenario sounds just like us.

Happy holidays and savour every minute.  :)

Offline Sezkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
    • Fabio
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 11:24:46 AM »
That sounds fantastic - I'm so jealous and cannot wait until the day I can spend 3 weeks or more in beautiful Kalkan.  Have a great time.
Our property - 3 bed, 3 bath, OWN POOL, fab location:-

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p1897579
www.kalkanpad.com
Facebook:- Apartment Fabio, Kalkan

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2016, 01:52:02 PM »
Oh Joycie what a fab report, glad you are all settled in and had what sounds like a great journey too.  I am sitting at my desk just reminiscing and thinking what a wonderful 3 weeks you will have! re the air conditioning, ha ha ha that is so funny, know the scenario only too well! ...

Have fun in the sun and look forward to more reports.

J&B

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 06:43:52 PM »
With you on the air con......have spent many a happy holiday jumping up and down all night so now sleep with the control jammed between our pillows so I can have the power without moving!!  :laugh:
Have a wonderful holiday with dad, Daisy and Mor!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2016, 09:58:19 PM »
I woke up at 6.00 UK time but 8.00 Kalkan time. The sun had just started to break through. I adjusted my watch and decided breakfast was my job this morning. We had bought bacon with us and so with the bread that was part of our welcome pack some tomaoes left in the fridge and Iceland bacon which had been stowed in the case I cooked breakfast.
It was  delicious. So we had better do some shopping this morning  make a list. Carrefour is our nearest supermarket but we decided a trip to the green grocers first plums lettuce tomatoes radish onions potatoes all for four pounds were purchased and a walk back to Darrefour  for the rest of our provisions duly ensued.
We walked back to Carrefour. Oh heck have you bought the list? Bread butter washing up liquid the list was endless. Already had a bag of green groceries so how were we going to transfer the rest. A trolley of course. Pretty please could we just borrow your trolley fir five and of course it would be returned as soon as. So Bri and me  negitiated the hill back to Sahane with a laden trolley deposited the shopping and mugging ME took the trolley back.
Phew it was hot. Bri decided we would have lunch in town so we duly headed for Feners but actually had lunch at Kleos. There was nobody sitting there and I felt sorry for gem. Really enjoyed our lunch and duly staggered home.
Mor and Daisy arrived at about 4.30 finally our holiday could begin.
We decided that they could have the servants quarters of the pent house suite giving it its posh name. Mor unpacked after an Efes straight from the fridge and Dave was impressed that I'd set up the safe all on my own.
We went out for dinner via Botanik. Never been in there before but it was lovely a little more expensive we thought but nevertheless very pleasant and out of the sun.
Where to eat? Waipahu had had good reviews and Euan previously at Chilliest wad front of house and pleased to see us. We negotiated 10 per cent off our bill and proceeded to have one of the best steaks ever.
It was quite busy but looking over the to of top restaurants they looked quite quiet. Zulu was closed.
The meal was delicious abnd it came to about £50 per couple which included 3 bottles of wine. We trundled Homs well satisfied with our meal and now Mor and Daisy are here we can begin the holiday.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2016, 05:55:57 AM »
You negotiated 10% off before you ate one of the best steaks ever? I hope you tipped well.

pw
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:55:16 AM by pw »
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2016, 06:45:53 AM »
These reports are hotting up! Sounds like you are going to have fun with your friends! Loving your hard bargaining style!  Had missed the Joycie's.......extra fun working out what you thought you were typing!

Babs....same for us with the aircon remote.....in between the pillows! I resorted to a blanket as D had the room in arctic conditions.  I think stand alone fans are much better...you get a cooling breeze with no frostbite

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2016, 05:57:04 PM »
What a fab blog Joycie, hope that you have had another fab day of fun in the sun, and yes Wapiano do wonderful food don't they, and if you ask nicely they will even clear a space for a dance floor!! If you do decide to go there again, the Grouper is delicious too.  :D

J&B

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »
As of 1st Sept Grouper became an endangered species and it is no longer legal to fish for them by line or commercially for 4 years ..(give them time to regroup :-X)..you might find it difficult to find in future ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2016, 08:41:01 PM »
So we had another difficult night with the air conditioning. Don't know where we're going wrong but got up and looked over Bri menacingly. Oh  . He got out of bed and wentinto
the lounge to find another remote. Came back into the bedroom but couldn't find the light switch for the lounge. Oh dear  how difficult was it. He pressed every light switch going and eureka the lights went off.
Went back to sleep. In the night I was really warm guess what the air conditioning had gone off so I gave up opened the door and went back to sleep. Bri hadn't noticed I left him asleep.
Woke up  and put the kettle on. Climbed up to the pent house with black coffies in hand said good morning to Mor and Daisy and left them to it.
Daisy cooked the breakfast. It was delicious. Egg bacon tomatoes toast and a cup of tea.. What more can we want.
We decided that we would Go to Indigo today. W trundled down the town got some money from the supermarket next to the beagle bar .The rate was really good and it had gone down five by the end of the day
Arrived at Indigo decided to have a drink before we descended to our beds.  Fresh orange juice for me and Mor iced coffee for Daisy and Turkish tea for Bri. Delicious.
Dave had a swim a turtle joined him we sat and snoozed on the sun beds,
Perhaps we ought to go and have an Efes. It was yard arm time so three of us were upwardly mobile. Bri was nearly asleep and then I realise he was going hypo. Mor and I took an arm each to guide him up the stairs and then one of the lovely Indigo guys took charge and he and Mor saw him to our table,
Oh Bri why? He kept trying to go to sleep which is the worst thing that could happen. I had some glucose sweets in my bag  so gave him two, it was like watching paint dry so I asked the lovely Indigo guy could we have some ice cream, it was full of sugar and surely would do the trick. It was so hot the ice cream was melting and Bri was still trying to go to sleep.Brian please ice cream was everywhere. All over the table cloth down Bri's clean t shirt but slowly going into his mouth.
Eureka we had a sensible Bri at last but a very dirty table cloth. Murder is always in my mind when Bri is hypo but an Efes and a lovely beef burger put me back on track. We went back to our sun beds. The lovely guy that had helped us came to see if we were alright and assured us that he was there should we require his help.

We snoozed and swam and at about 4.00 decided to find a taxi. Dad and Daisy paid the bill and then we were told that tea and cake on the house was about to be served. Of course we stayed and it was lovely. Freshly made cake still hot. Mmm.
Taxi found winged our way to lovely Sahane. Daisy walked back into town and purchased a cooked chicken some wine and lovely rocket lettuce. We were eating in tonight.
The sun was going down fast so we retired to the pent house suite to watch its demise. It was magnificent were so lucky.
Mor and I descended back to kitchen level and proceeded to do the salad. Daisy had already
Put the jackets in. Got the chicken and it was still hot but absolutely delicious.
Sat having a drink and somehow I managed to knock my wine over completely smashing the glass. Sue if you're reading this I promise I will replace it,.
Swept the debris up disposed of it and reflected on our fabulous but accident prone day. Roll on tomorrow.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2016, 12:34:38 PM »
Sounds like a fab day, apart from Bri's hypo. Maybe he's getting more exercise than usual,swimming, trudging up hills etc? Hope he manages to sort his control out so you don't have any more problems. I bet he only did it do he could have some ice cream and to keep you on your toes  ;) ;D

We loved Indigo and meant to go back there but somehow in our busy schedule, we never got chance. The staff are so kind there aren't they. Loved the tea and cakes too, a nice touch. Your chicken and salad dinner sounded good too.

Looking forward to your next post already.  :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2016, 08:49:52 PM »
Daisy sorted our air conditioning and a perfect night ensued. Forgot to tell you about our importing bacon experience. We normally bung two packs into our case wrapped in cling film and ready to cook. Daisie wrapped his in a box with Christmas paper. Neither of us was questioned and our breakfasts have been truly wonderful. Made sure that Bri had extra bread today so no hypos.
Today was a town beach day. Sahane is beautifully situated on the Dere development so we turned left and meandered down to the old town and then down to he beach. Daisy peered over the wall decided where we were going to plonk ourselves and marched forward with attitude.
We sat on our beds but we were right in e sun and no matter how we positioned ourselves we were too hot. Solution get another umbrella. Perfect . Daisy and Mor went in the sea. The beach was full of Turkish families enjoying  the sun sea and pebbles.
11.30 was surely yard arm time so we dragged ourselves from the beach to Kleos, Efes and a Turkish tea were the order of the day and we were the only people sitting there. Looked at the menu and a pizza salad and chips were the order of the day. Still nobody sitting there. I remember when you were fighting for seats at Kleos but not today.

Beautiful beautiful meal. More seats taken thank goodness. So we meandered back to the beach and sat on our chairs. Dave went back into the sea. We didn't.
Decided to get a taxi back and spend the afternoon at Sahane. Good choice the pool was wonderful. Well I thought so Bri was not convinced. We're having a villa for the last week so I tried bouncing up and down in the water to see I I could look at the villa pool. It's just in front of our wonderful SahaneNot very successful with the bouncing so we,Lloyd just have to wait and see. Tonight was a night in Daisy and Mor went back down to town to replenshish our supplies Bri and I went back upstairs and drank tea.
Sea bass was the order of the day cooked in foil on the bbq. We put jacket potatoes in the oven made a lovely salad  and waited for the sea bass to cook. Bri was despatched to fetch the salad up to the terrace and meanwhile Dausy had cooked mushrooms in a blue cheese sauce for starters .It was delicious. We took loads of photos and watched the boats going to and fro. Poseidon was one of them and we remembered the wonderful time we'd had on Poseidon fir our wedding anniversary 8 years ago.
I know I digress but on our way home from the beach we were enticed into Samdan. He gave us the most beautiful frozen apple juice on the house and in return we booked a meal there for Friday night. I'll let you know!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2016, 10:36:43 AM »
Joycie, loving your reports, highlight of my day, logging on and reading about your adventures. Thank you.  :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan pet owners beware

Started by Lantana on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 07:28:51 PM
by Cosetta
xx
Beware !

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post September 30, 2011, 09:29:24 PM
by misty
xx
BEWARE - more burglaries

Started by happy days on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post September 07, 2012, 06:49:40 PM
by Firecat
xx
Beware - burglars about

Started by Nicky Adams on General Discussion

25 Replies
Last post August 21, 2012, 11:57:19 AM
by happy days

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan

Views: 4543
By: irfan
Kalkan 2010