Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just Back  (Read 1664 times)

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Just Back
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:59:41 PM »
Just back from 2 weeks in lovely Kalkan. Having gone in early May and had nearly 12 days of rain, I thought end of may would be better. However I was wrong weather was not what it should have been, needed a pashmina of a night never done that in early June.
Despite the wind & rain I still had a lovely time, and of course over ate & drank.
Had some really nice meals Olive Garden & Cafe Zula my favs, also had some great meals at fener which is Kalkan to me.. Such a friendly bunch.
Hunkar has more ourside seating now of a night time in-front of the shop next door, so didn't have to wait for a table.
My Sister stayed at the pirat Hotel which she loved, the barman was a really character can understand why people return year after year. The Turkish bath at the Pirat was also really good.
Only bad thing was the holiday ending !!
And I wasn't overly keen on the long delay at Dalaman airport and being put up in a grotty hotel for the night .. Bird had flown into engine of our plane on its inward journey . Thank God we wasn't on it .. Roll on Sept

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12159.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Just Back
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 08:13:51 AM »
Glad you had a lovely time, despite the odd weather!
After having a discussion with my daughter at the weekend we are planning for next year....nothing like getting ahead of yourself is there?
We were thinking of going the last couple of days of May and the first week in June......has the weather been unusual this year or does it tend to be changeable at the beginning of June?

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 10:14:50 AM »
Very pleased you had a great time even though the weather was  surprising for June. We're used to unpredictable weather here but have grown to expect sunshine and warm evenings at Kalkan at this time of year. Sounds like you enjoyed some lovely meals, mind you in our experience it's nigh on impossible to have an awful one. In eleven visits, hand on heart we've only had one inedible meal and that was in a little restaurant at Saklikent gorge and we tend not to eat at the more upmarket Kalkan restaurants. We're out there on September the first for eighteen nights, booked in January so it can't come quick enough. Although we always find the last month seems to go in a flash and all of a sudden the holiday is upon us, then sleepness nights, mentally deciding what to pack and excited of course. Will the novelty ever wear off, doesn't look like and certainly hope it won't. Well you're not in Kalkan now but the forecast here is pretty good so make the most of it and have a great weekend.

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 05:36:39 PM »
Hi
I would say that the weather this year has been  unseasonable,  I would still go late May early June as its normally lovely..been this time 4 years running so cant moan to much.
Going back myself in Sept .. Just cant get enough off Kalkan :laugh:
At least I brought the sun back with me, will defiantly be in the garden topping the tan up
X :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Just back!

Started by RosiB on Holiday Reports and Reviews

9 Replies
Last post May 31, 2009, 04:57:58 PM
by RosiB
xx
Welcome back AO

Started by Blue Lizard on The Everything Else Area!

4 Replies
Last post January 13, 2014, 10:21:56 PM
by Agent Ottoman
xx
Just Back

Started by Emmaph70 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

13 Replies
Last post June 30, 2014, 02:12:57 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
Just back

Started by alshepuk on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post June 01, 2010, 02:21:05 PM
by alshepuk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

EK 70s Night

Views: 3775
By: Enjoy Kalkan
Our view....