Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: June jaunt!  (Read 5492 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
June jaunt!
« on: June 16, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »
So my countdown tells me that it's 19 hours and 24 mins.....probably 23 now.......till we take off from Gatwick at some ungodly hour tomorrow!  :) :) :)
For some reason easyjet fly at a totally different time on a Sunday, which despite the early start has advantages, we get to arrive and see Kalkan sparkling in the sun (hopefully, I've been looking at the forecast) rather than twinkling at night, and we get an extra afternoon and evening to try to prop our eyes open and have fun!
Still can't complain about flight times, after all they were free flights. Cast your minds back EK regulars to me winning free flight from the Sunday Times for having letter of the week about holidaying in Turkey!
So free flights in the bag we set about booking a beautiful apartment which we will be sharing with our besties from home for the first week and then luxuriating in all the space by ourselves for a second week.......I literally can't wait!
The icing on the cake is that I'll get to meet two lovely, fun, supportive ladies who I've become good friends with over the last year or so who just happen to be in Kalkan at the same time.......we have never met as we are "Facebook friends"! Sadly one of our little gang isn't there but one day, be warned..........

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13982.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: June jaunt!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 10:27:36 AM »
Oh how exciting Babs, we had a 6am flight and it was brilliant. I’m sure you’ll manage to prop those eyes open for fun in the sun.

Just wish I was there with you sassy ladies too.  :-* :'(

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 10:52:00 AM »
OH Babs I feel your excitement, your arrival in paradise is almost here. Bet you can't wait.  Lizilu oh how we wish you were here too.  X

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 11:37:32 AM »
Looking forward to seeing you here in paradise, Babs...although we will be a bit like Take That when Jason Orange left...one member short....or missing a short member  ;D One of those.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 05:19:00 PM »
So.....our first full day has been rather lovely so far, shopping for essentials, breakfast at Fener, beach and lunch and apres beach monitor at Kleo.....pretty perfect I'd say! :)
Yesterday was interesting......our journey was all fine, to our horror we drove through rain on the way from the airport but when we arrived in Kalkan the sun was sparkling on the sea and yes, I filled up a little as we came round the bend. Swiftly and efficiently installed ourselves in our lovely apartment and thought we'd have a little sit/doze on our roof terrace. So far so good......then things went wrong! We couldn't open the door back in.....so we were trapped! I rang the lovely person who manages the apartment who said she'd come and rescue us! Slight technical hitch......over zealous BH had put the chain on the door!! The lovely Lynn made a few calls and stood in the road calling up to us that she would get things sorted.....slight problem she said, its Sunday and a bank holiday!  ::) anyway the cavalry came in the form of four men and a metal cutter!! Not sure how they actually got in because the chain was still intact! Once freed we apologised profusely and said we would be any more trouble! ;D
We decided that we need a nice calm evening after that, so as tradition would have it we wandered down to Korsan for our first dinner, and very lovely it was too.
As you can imagine we know check at least 15 times that we have the key when we go out and don't leave it in the lock when we're in!!
This evening is a first for us.....we are trying Seaport, they looked quite shocked when we said we would like a table at 9pm......are we the only people who won't be watching the football??

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 05:35:17 PM »
K4E, I think that a short member is the best description ;D

Oh Babs, fancy being imprisoned in Paradise. Thank goodness you were only a phone call away from rescue! We must try seaport in August, never quite got there last month. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 06:45:02 PM »
Oh Babs what a start to your holiday , so glad you weren't locked up for too long!  ;D ;D Looking forward to meeting up for drinks very soon. Hope you enjoy Seaport, have a fab evening   :D

Sx

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 07:47:13 PM »
We went to Seaport for the first time this year and it was lovely, we didn’t have fish , we had a table right on the seafront. He caught me a weak moment after a few pina colardas and boy was it good. Why are they so pushy , we had always walked pass

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 10:13:07 PM »
Lynne we’ve always walked past and thought they were pushy although the front man has changed this year.....very glad we went, delicious!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 04:04:10 PM »
Well......I've been very lazy about blogging! How remiss of me!  :laugh: Been so busy having a lovely lazy time. Well our lovely friends from home came for their week and are now safely back home......apparently in boiling temperatures but no Kalkan view!
We have just generally had a delightful last time! Highlights have been a couple of boat rips on Moby Dick, meeting Shirl and K4E in "real life", my BH is also sceptical about my online friendships but had to eat his words......yes, he agreed, they are lovely people! :laugh: Our first trip to Meis was also a winner.....I can't believe we haven't been before. We did very little apart from have a stroll around the harbour and have a very long lunch in the highly recommended Athina. BH Is now a certified and fully trainer turtle tickler! I'm not sure what a conservationist would think of hand feeding a turtle but it was a highlight for him!

Sadly I am really counting down the days  :'( but a few days left for more lovey lazy days and gorgeous meals....so can't complain!
How lucky all of us are to have found this lovely place?! Complete overuse of the word lovely but it just sums up Kalkan for me!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 05:00:57 AM »
Babs fab report, and loving the bit about the turtle tickler!  ;D so glad you enjoyed Meis. You will definitely go back I bet!

Enjoy the remainder of your holiday and hopefully you'll find time for another blog or 2! As you mentioned it certainly was so lovely for us all to meet in real life  :D next time hopefully for a bit longer.

It's our last day in Fethiye today so no more count downs for us! Back to reality tomorrow! Sorry don't mean to hijack your blog  ;D

Sx

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 08:53:39 PM »
And it’s a lovely report Babs. Glad you enjoyed Meis, we loved it too and can’t believe we’ve never been before. Enjoy your last few days and thanks for posting.  :-*

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2018, 01:54:56 PM »
Lovely...just lovely  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2018, 07:29:46 AM »
K4E just catching up on EK! What a busy and fab week you've had  :D. I am now thinking about those cherries! They are amazing aren't they? We hope that OH is on the mend and that you manage to get your handbag before you leave. Enjoy your last couple of days and have a safe journey home. X
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:36:42 AM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2018, 04:12:58 PM »
Feel free to reply to K4E on my blog Shirl!  ;D ;D you're welcome!

So, our two weeks came to an end yesterday and we began our horrendous journey home to get back here to a very hot and humid Kent at 3.30 this morning!

This year's good, bad and the ugly?? In reverse order........
Tie for "ugly" can't choose between the men I saw in football shirts with football style hats on watching the match,(sorry if this was you) or the girl at the airport with the shortest shorts ever, clearly, she had done something to upset her friend as someone needed to say something, (let's just say, she didn't have the legs for them!) mind you, she gave everyone held captive for hours at Dalaman something to chuckle about!

Which brings me to the bad........ Dalaman airport! Not great at the best of times but it really hit a low last night. Hot, dark, escalators not working, empty shelves at Duty Free.....whatever the new terminal is like it has to be better, surely? The worst thing though was security was a shambles, staff rude and the whole thing utterly chaotic. Topped by the alarm being set of with hand luggage of the Russian teenage boys behind us. The staff emptied out various can and bottles of drinks and then just loaded up their bags again and sent them on their way!

And now the good......how long have you got?? The people, the food, the scenery......I could go on and on but you all know and love it yourselves. Highlights we're catching up for a week with our "besties", meeting K4E and Shirl and their other halves and our visit to Meis, why it's taken us 14 holidays to decide to go I have no idea! Favourite restaurants, meals, places etc. too many to mention but particularly enjoyed Salonika, Small House and Sade.

Best of all is that we get to go to Kalkan again in 81 days......a short four day visit for our friend's big birthday......can't wait!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 05:05:45 AM »
Sat in bed in Meis reading your lovely report thankyou.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 12:46:01 PM »
Fab report Babs  :D let's hope the new airport will be much improved, I think the first flight arrived early hours this morning. Was lovely meeting up with you and Gary, a shame we will miss you in September!  :(

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 01:20:42 PM »
Thank you for your lovely reports Babs. It's been a treat with you, Shirl K4E,  Joycie, haybo etc providing us with snippets of Kalkan life. Now we need to keep the relay going!  :-*

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 11:37:40 AM »
Another enjoyable read Babs. I'm just pleased to hear that you had a phone on you when you got locked out. I  don't tend to take a phone on holiday and so I'd probably still be sitting there!! Could think of worse things!! I'm pleased that you enjoyed Meis......we went for the first time last year and absolutely loved Athina's, their scrumptious king prawns and of course, getting up close and personal with the turtles.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Va Va June

Started by kalkan4eva on Holiday Reports and Reviews

32 Replies
Last post July 25, 2018, 06:13:33 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Flaming June

89 Replies
Last post June 28, 2012, 10:03:44 AM
by Skunk
xx
Cant wait for June

Started by LancashireLass on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

21 Replies
Last post January 21, 2014, 07:35:13 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
June is busting out all over.....

74 Replies
Last post August 18, 2013, 07:27:08 PM
by littlelin

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal