Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: June is busting out all over.....  (Read 17233 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
June is busting out all over.....
« on: June 05, 2013, 03:25:33 PM »
Well we are here.....hurrah :laugh:
Anyone who is travelling from Terminal 1 in Manchester anytime soon should allow even more time than usual as they only have 7 out 14 security points open (and one of those is dedicated to pushchairs/wheelchairs) whilst they are improving our airport! The result of their efforts is causing huge queues....too much of my champagne time was spent in this area, sadly. You have been warned. By the time we got through there was only enough time for a quick duty free shop and two "nerve" Cliquots before we were called to board :P
After that everything was plain sailing....great flight and seamless pick-up by Enes in their pimp-my-ridemobile for just the two of us. Whilst I studiously avoided any calibrating of hand-held scales with kettlebells at home by BH, it appears he has aggravated an "old war wound" and so first stop today was not to stock up on Efes but to our best friend at the Pharmacy who greeted us like long lost family on "Surprise Surprise". Loved it when BH was told he couldn't drink with the pills - they were promptly returned to the shelf :) Still we have lotions and potions and I got my fat feet pills early....prevention is better than cure, I say :angel:
Wall to wall sunshine and an exchange rate of 2.86 at the IS Bank Exchange ATM (just under 2tl charged to change £300) thanks for the tip BubblesG. Fabulous Turkish Bath at Atlantis, with foot scrub, so I now feel clean beyond clean :)
Heading into the village tonight....as tradition dictates we will be eating at Merkez

Efes 7tl in The Swan - no Rugby though :(

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11128.0
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:01:34 PM by kalkan4eva »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: June is busting out all over.....
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 04:09:16 PM »
Have a fab holiday K4E!! So jealous of you all out there, we always go in June and would normally be heading out this week but have to wait till Sep this year. Look forward to your reports :D :D :D
Nicky

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 04:17:10 PM »
Lovely to have you here at last!   :laugh:

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
LOL about the pills....deffo put them back!! copious amounts Efes and a little deep heat that should do it!! ;D ...why cant airports do work in the winter out of holiday season or is that too simple, especially as that would seem inside??.. ::)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 05:55:54 PM »
Have a fabulous holiday K4E, really looking forward to reading your reports.  ;D

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:54 PM »
Hope you have a great holiday K4E and I too look forward to hearing all about it.
Please enlighten me re the fat feet pills! I'm guessing you must be like me and swell up in the heat so I would be interested to hear of any remedies. I know I should drink more water but all good intentions seem to out of the window when presented with either alcohol or a glass of water!
Would love to hear about Palm Beach Club re prices of sun beds etc and maybe you could continue with the stirling work carried out by the other agents and get me an efes price as we will be staying in the Komurluk area and I seem to remember it was a favourite of yours and will be our "local"when we go in August! Have fun!

Suzyq1

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 08:58:11 PM »
Hello K4E,
Day One of.......21, is it?!  Wow...!
That's a long time away from Lidl Champers!
Will be glued to the tablet for your next instalment, sat here in my sun lounge enjoying my Yankee Candle!
:-)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 10:15:22 PM »
Hooray the beginning of the long awaited K4E report.....have fun!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 10:16:42 PM »
Hey!! Glad you arrived safe and sound and have got all your preparations sorted for you and BH to have a fabulous holiday. So looking forward to reading your reports.  8) :)

Offline janeandady

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 10:26:40 PM »
Great report, and I look forward to reading more over the next few days. We come out next Wednesday, and cannot wait! I too am intrigued as to the fat feet pills as I always suffer too. What are they, do they work, and which pharmacy do you get them from?

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 10:45:41 PM »
I bought a T shirt in Fat face ;D ;D   

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 07:53:39 AM »
Well after a couple of days drinking like two over-excited teenagers at the first school disco, we've decided to calm down a bit. Lots of alcohol makes two excited teenagers two very delicate wallflowers the following day.
Yesterday was Market Day, of course, so we popped up there early - a bit subdued, shall we say :). We needed some provisions and a couple of watches required the attention of our favourite lady in the market. BH took it upon himself to raid the K4E bag fund, albeit temporarily, just in case we "need" anything extra. At the spice stall we bought our green tea and those lovely sweet coated nuts when BH spied some pistachios.....there are two types, said the vendor, smart price or taste the difference was the gist of it - BH went for the latter. A huge bag of pistachios, plus the nuts and green tea and he was relieved of 70tl which he promptly took from the bag fund :o :o "I'll eat them" he said you better eat the bloody shells as well for that price ;)
The old war wound has started to improve thanks to our best friend the pharmacist so we took ourselves off into the village for a small stroll to see what's changed....plus BH was fancying some fish (to go with those pistachios..... ::)) for lunch so we made our way down to the little fish market to find it had gone :( :(It's a good few years since we've been down there so it may have closed down years ago, but it still made us feel very sad that another of the small independent retailers may have fallen victim to the influx of supermarkets. We also felt guilty for not supporting the fish market more over the years :-[
The village is still beautiful and charming and looked gorgeous in the strong sunlight. We were glad to see the little beach cafe has returned and that all our favourite places were still in business. Walking up into the village I was on a secret bag reccee and BH was on a secret "Lions Tour" recce. A cursory glance at bags is not appropriate....they need your full attention so I will do better next time. BH found that a number of bars are showing the rugby so there will be plenty of opportunity for me to look at bags ad infinitum :) :)
Partly cloudy yesterday afternoon and today, 4 Efes in a pack 12.90 at Kipa and sparrows roasting nicely outside the deli opposite Parc

*fat feet pills are called frusemid...one every other day. Itstime put me onto them last year and her other good tip was make sure you are fairly close to a loo about an hour after taking them as you will wee for Britain :laugh:

*Antler I hope your Yankee candle doesn't smell of sangria :P

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 02:14:58 PM »
Another great report K4E!
In my minds eye I was walking down the road with you and watching those sparrows on the rotisserie!
 I didn't realise you could buy diuretics over the counter in Kakan as they are prescription only here, I'll have to check them out as my feet look just like my grandmas rag puddings after a few days.

The weather is still beautiful here but I'd still rather be in Kalkan  8) Good luck with the bag shopping and hope BH doesn't choke on his pistachio shells  ;D  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 05:50:33 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 05:00:51 PM »
Pah! and Double Pah!!..scrawny little starlings going around on the hot magic Roundabout!! fatten them up first !! >:(

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 06:29:59 PM »
What is it with women and feet on here.......I may have to investigate these magic pills...although we are there in October this year and when we went at that time a couple of years ago I didn't have my usual fat foot problem......but put me in the heat all day well.........
The sad thing is I remember it happening to my mum and me thinking "oh is that another thing that happens when you get old" no offence fellow fat footers!!  :laugh:

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »
The latest craze in NY is for foot surgery..it is known as Toe-besity................I kid you not!!! :o

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 09:52:16 AM »
Yesterday we took ourselves off on our first proper walk into the village and over to Kisla via the new walkway up from the beach. This really tastefully done - yes the activity points are a bit strange and out of place but I think this whole area looks so much nicer than it used to. First villa you come to on the walk up from the beach is Kismet - which will be home to another member later on in the season. Top location, one of the best in Kalkan but sadly I could not get in as the gate was locked.....no jokes about Scousers and breaking and entering please ::) we will try again later on during our stay. We did however wander around the new Korsan property just on the edge of the old town on the Kisla service road. What an amazing property this is going to be when finished, really amazing views and great location.
We were on our way down to Doy Doy last night when somehow we ended up in tanZore ??? We stopped to look at the menu and got chatting to Billy and before we knew it we were ordering. I had chicken jalfrezi and BH went for the prawn vindaloo and have to say both dishes were excellent, as was the nan bread. BH likes his curries hot and he said the vindaloo was perfect for flavour and heat and with two beers, glass of sauvignon blanc plus water a bill of 104tl was very surprising.....pleasantly so :) I know there's been a fair amount of debate on here about this restaurant but I would heartily recommend a visit if you fancy a change.
Today's walk was up the new road, right to the point where you first see Kalkan...amazing views coming down but lots of whining, mostly from me :-[ going up. We called into the bus station to check the times of the buses to Fethiye and Patara then over to Bim for Bim Bargains. There's not a huge range of products here but what there is is cheap so we stocked up as its a bit of an effort up that hill :)
We are spending these early days relaxing on the roof terrace and the lovely pool, water hammock sharing when required. Really chilled and loving every minute being here....even on the mammoth walk this morning. We hear the weather is scorching at home so enjoy it folks ;)
The sparrows look more like chickens today BL :)
Lal 19.90 in Migros as well as Kipa also the same price for 4 bottles of Efes in both stores 12.90.
2.88 to the £ from the ATM Exchange facility at IS Bank (1.30tl charge to exchange £300)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 10:00:02 AM by kalkan4eva »

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »
Great report kalkan4eve keep them coming, I'm sure everyone loves them as much as I (we) do.

Soooo please to hear you had a lovely meal @ TanZore last night, thanks for your kind words, much appreciated  ;) 8) ;).  Maybe Doy Doy tonight  :)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2013, 07:20:12 PM »
Wow, you are going to be going home a couple of stones lighter with all the walking you are doing!! Sounds like you're having a fab time and I'm looking forward to the next instalment.  :)

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2013, 10:53:24 PM »
Sounds like my sort of day - a walk, a chill round the pool followed by some great food and drink!
Glad you're having a great time. Look forward to your next report.

Suzyq1
P.S the walking will help with keeping those "fat feet" at bay!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Va Va June

Started by kalkan4eva on Holiday Reports and Reviews

32 Replies
Last post July 25, 2018, 06:13:33 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
June jaunt!

Started by Babs on Holiday Reports and Reviews

18 Replies
Last post July 22, 2018, 11:37:40 AM
by keith
xx
Flaming June

Started by kalkan4eva on Holiday Reports and Reviews

89 Replies
Last post June 28, 2012, 10:03:44 AM
by Skunk
xx
Cant wait for June

Started by LancashireLass on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

21 Replies
Last post January 21, 2014, 07:35:13 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Yildiz 2 & 3

Views: 2722
By: Pompeyalbie
Sakilkent Gorge