Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Joycie Part3  (Read 14053 times)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Joycie Part3
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 05:07:24 AM »
The nurses are all young but very professional and although not a lot of English is spoken a lot of Turkish miming seems to get us where we need to be. It was quite a night. My bed was not uncomfortable but no sheets are provided so my lovely Turkish towel that I bought at Kalkan market made a lovely blanket last night.
3.am door opened light on and temperature and blood pressure both normal. Oh we'll back to sleep? 5am blood test and the all important ECG. Don't know results yet. Back to sleep? 5.30am another blood pressure. Maybe back to sleep no of course not the cleaner arrived to make us all pristine again.
We had a conversation about the fact that if he hadn't had a heart attack he would have had when all these morning visits had finished. I certainly did. Couldn't make my bed back into a chair! Blimey it can't be that difficult. It was. Bri was dying to help but no way this was my bed/chair I was going to do it.  If the generation game was still on it would make a wonderful game.
Alright I give up found a lovely young Turkish cleaner who came in easily reconstructed it and left with my grateful thanks.
Breakfast has arrived but I think I'll go down to the lovely cafe and have a breakfast and coffee there. Bri of course has to do as he's told. Bread cheeses olives and tomatoes lovely.
Oh for a bacon sandwich.
Well please let today bring a good result the staff and the hospital are faultless but it's not Kalkan and Iong to be back there.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 07:42:21 AM »
Oh we'll firs time I've felt despondent. Doctor said he couldn't see any sign of heart attack but needed a treadmill test before they could discharge him. Right next door and onto the treadmill first five minutes fine.Went downhill from there and said they thought that there was a blockage and an angiogram and stent were needed. So the only place that can do it is in Antalya they're going to arrange the transfer for tomorrow. Don't know yet whether I can go with him but if all successful normally released next day. At least ther's no scar tissues.
So it looks like another bit of Turkey will be seen and more wonderful care from our wonderful Turkish health care.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 11:12:53 AM »
How disappointing. The up side of it is that it's something that can be fixed. If it had happened mid flight it would have been worse. This is one holiday you won't forget.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2013, 11:52:43 AM »
Yes for the first time today I've wanted to cry. Not for me perhaps a little but for my lovely husband who has taken this so we'll but keeps apologising for spoiling the holiday.
He hasn't and I'm so glad that it's fixable. The Turkish health care has been second to none especially here in Fethiye everyone has been wonderful. Thank you for your concern everybody has been wonderful. Sue has sent a lovely cake to Sahane but I told Dave and Mor to eat it for us. I also want to thank Sue it's a lovely thought. Hopefully after the angiogram they'll send Bri back here and we'll resume the holiday. Can't wait to have an Efes.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 11:58:57 AM »
oh dear, joycie, I don't know how you are managing to keep so positive - I'm sure I would be a nightmare and never mind feeling like crying, I'd be blubbing for Britain. You are an absolute star :angel:
As Kalkan regular says, it's something that can be fixed and quite quickly these days too. It's good to know the care and expertise is readily available and if ever there was a lesson to be learned about taking out travel insurance I'm sure this is it  ::)
I hope all goes well with the transfer and that the op happens quickly. You might be able to get a cheap B&B in Antalya if your insurance doesn't cover your overnight accomodation.
Good luck, joycie that efes isn't too far away :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 01:16:37 PM »
If it's like the hospital here I should be able to stay. As I said before it's like being in a hotel. Mind you they must have seen my driving because they don't trust me with a wheelchair. Brian feels a fraud but they insist that he travels in one even to the lovely little cafe outside.
We had a lovely Nescafé coffee and I was about to negotiate my way back when the lovely guy behind the counter wheeled Bri back into the hospital. Secretly I think Bri was relieved that there was a man driver in charge at least he got back to the room in one piece.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 04:11:54 AM »
It's 605am been awake most of the night. Brian goes to Antalya by ambulance at 7am. I can't go with him because they won't insure me to go in the Ambulance. I was going to go back to Kalkan but I can't bear the thought of him coming back here which he has to do and there being no one there. After the procedure he has to find a taxi himself to get back to Fethiye and then report to outpatients.
They may read it to Fethiye for the night depending on certain results so I don't want him to be on his own. Will  spend the day at the Hospital. Could be worse places. So that's it for now one step nearer to Kalkan but not quite near enough.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 07:21:42 AM »
Oh Joyce ,hope all goes well for you both today xx . I have been reading every day and feel so sorry for you . I can't believe Brian has to get a taxi back on his own after all the lovely care you have had .
Lynne

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 08:20:45 AM »
So the ambulance driver arrived just before 7am and Brian looking like Roy Cropper with his shopping bag walked to the stretcher and was strapped on.
They put him in the ambulance and for the first time I started to cry. Didn't mean to but felt so helpless. Told him I loved him and off they went blue lights flashing.
He 'll phone me when he's on his way back. I couldn't travel with him because they wouldn't't insure me to travel in the ambulance.
Bizarre really blue lights going got to find his own way back to Fethiye by taxi. Like a mother hen I gave him the money for the taxi return told hi to ask for a receipt (you never know might get it back) made sure he'd got his insurance passport and food in case of hypo and sent him off to Antalya.
SIMPLES. So now it's a long day awaiting his return. Trip tout patients and hopefully totally discharged. Worst scenario another night here and back in the morning.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2013, 08:56:05 AM »
Oh joycie, I'm really feeling for you and your husband right now. I'm disgusted that he has to get a taxi back on his own, is there nothing your insurance can do about this? He should at least have a nurse accompanying him if he's had a cardiac procedure done! Hopefully he will get the all clear and then at last you'll be able to be together again in Kalkan. Love to you both. X

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 02:12:01 PM »
Joycie, we are thinking of you are your dear husband, and hope that he is back with you very soon and you can continue your much deserved holiday. 

Jayne

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 02:35:25 PM »
Bri phoned to say he'd seen the surgeon and was waiting to go down. Can you believe 5 days after the worst night of my life they were finally going to fix it. I am in Kalkan now because as I explained I couldn't go in the ambulance and couldn't stop at the hospital like I had in Fethiye.Bri is returning to Fethiye tomorrow if he doesn't lose the taxi money (I'll kill him if he does) and he has to get a fit to fly certificate so it looks like a return to Fethiye next week. I don't know much about the procedure because Bri isn't comfortable with texting doesn't know how to space and tends to answer one word YES to everything.
Doesn't matter I love him and am so glad that the wonderful medical team in Turkey have given him another chance.
We celebrated back at Sahane with a cup of tea and a piece of wonderful cake that Sue had sent. By the way Sue Dave kept telling the delivery guy that he hadn't ordered any cake and they must have got the wrong address. It was all sorted out with a quick phone call thank goodness and it is simply superb.
So thank you everybody for listening to my rambling sit has been a really calming experience in the dark hours to write to you all. So as Dame Edna would say I love you all thank you.

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2013, 02:58:28 PM »
Ha ha, that is so funny about Dave sending it away! The cakes are handmade by Sultan Patisserie and I can say they passed my taste test... I asked for a Chocolate one but then they sent me a pic of a fruit covered one! I thought well at least it might be a tad healthier than chocolate! Best wishes that things go well today and better that you are in Kalkan with your friends. Enjoy that well earned cup of tea! Sue xx

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »
Brian's on his way back to Kalkan at least he's supposed to be just had a phone call the taxi driver is lost in the mountains. So it looks as though it will be a little time yet before we're reunited. HELP!

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »
What an adventure you've had this year. Not what you wanted but hopefully Brian is fixed and you can get on with a happy life. You'll need a holiday to recover from this one.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, 07:36:05 PM »
We've got to  go to Fethiye again tomorrow .Looks like when we return to the Uk further surgery will be required. Will face that when we get to it. Got to get fit to fly certificate. Oh we'll  what's got to be done has got to be done.

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2013, 08:00:22 PM »
Hope everything works out for you guys and you can now start to enjoy a bit of Kalkan x

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2013, 08:41:32 PM »
It was good to see you earlier Joy and we both hope you get it sorted soon...what a nightmare holiday! You'll need another one to recover... ;) x

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2013, 05:30:13 AM »
Thanks Martyn it was lovely to see you and Fiona yesterday. It's worse than we thought. Bri had two stents fitted which the insurance company didn't want to pay for but when Bri said he'd pay himself they relented and agreed. Apparently they do it a lot at first and then agree to pay. 11000 lire the stents cost and they could have done the full job but it meant an operation and a seven day stay in hospital. Because he was on his own and telephone communication was difficult Brian said no he'd have the stents done and the operation when he returned home. Trying not to look on the black side and hey oh at least he's 50 per cent better than he was. They want him back in Fethiye today. Appointment made for 1.30 so another journey through the magnificent countryside.
We've been able to smile as we'll bearing in mind that Brian's journey to Antalya was by ambulance and on a stretcher he wanted to go to the loo. No utensils in the ambulance so the driver stopped at a service station opened the doors Bri got off his stretcher went to the Gents smiled at the people drinking apple tea nearby then returned climbed back on his stretcher and off they went.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2013, 05:55:55 AM »
Brian just woken up not good morning darling how are you? How did the blues do last night?Best bit of news I could give him 3-1 THEY WON see miracles do happen.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Joycie Part 2

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post September 21, 2013, 12:48:59 AM
by joycie
xx
Joycie's Holiday Report

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

10 Replies
Last post September 21, 2013, 04:33:08 PM
by MartynE

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Yildiz 2

Views: 2590
By: pw
Under the sea