Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I miss our sunny bubble...Kalkan :(  (Read 3343 times)

Offline lucyandsteven88

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
I miss our sunny bubble...Kalkan :(
« on: September 10, 2010, 10:08:12 AM »
Just arrived back from gorgeous Kalkan..and we had the most wonderful time.
The flight out there, transfers etc were fine.
I don't think we had any idea what was coming, we arrived at the Samira at 6am and were welcomed with a smiling face.The hotel and surroundings are beautiful, we just sat on the balcony in disbelief that we payed so little for such a stunning place.

Breakfast ok.

Waiters- cheeky at times but we didn't mind the banter ;) but otherwise very attentive and always smiling, and with the hours they put in, they should get a medal! Moomin- was my fave, he was fantastic and took a shine to my legs lol cough cough! oh and Gin! soo cheeky and sarcastic! we loved that!

We done a boat trip, the Yildiz 2, which I already booked before we went. Stunning views, food and captain Osman and his wife were fab.Unfortunatley, I was soooooooooooooooooooooo ill haha! and now realise I get seasick, but I was well looked after. We met some EK followers, Nicky and her husband- lovely people. All in all- a nice day out.

Hot hot hot... it was scorching and we both have cracking tans! wooo Patara beach...BEAUTIFUL!

Food- chillies, extinct and  mussaka were our faves. Ali babas, which we went to on our last night (because we had few funds left) was not that good..we were rushed through ordering and the food wasn't as good as the rest we had eaten at. Steven wasn't too happy, but it didnt ruin the holiday at all.

Downfalls
alcohol!...
bloody expensive- probably the main downfall for us, but this is because we only took a small budget. Cocktails around 15 lira and fishbowls 60 to 100!!!..whats that all about/!!! lol...so if your drinkers like us, then take plenty of pennys!

transfer home...was terrible! picked up by the taxi and took to the drop off point in fetiye, which by the way, is a carpark, and at 1 in the morning quite scary, when the driver just dumps and leaves you, without telling you what time you'll be picked up. I was actually quite scared BUT this had nothing to do with kalkan...

Next year, we will probably return to Kalkan, but not with thomas cook and most likely in a villa, with some friends we met this year.

Kalkan is a beautiful place on the whole, our holiday was perfect apart from the few slight imperfections, but whats a few, when the rest of our time was fab!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6364.0

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: I miss our sunny bubble...Kalkan :(
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 01:32:05 PM »
Hi Lucyandsteven88 - thanks for taking the time to post your lovely report - pleased you had such a great time.

Sounds like you are, like so many of us, smitten.

You will know next time about transfers and the price of the things you like to do ... makes life a little less stressful.

A villa holiday is very relaxing, gives you lots of room and your own space - and most of the villas on offer are really nice with your own pool etc.

Cant wait - 4 weeks on Monday!
if you can walk you can dance

Offline johnl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »
So pleased that you enjoyed Kalkan even though you had a couple of dissapointments.Cocktails are expensive but perhaps could develop a taste for efes .....! Have to agree with you about Thomas Cook their transfers are terrible.We have always used Jewel in the Crown,but last year we left it late and they had no  holidays left so we used Thomas Cook.Never again!!! We had to wait in that b****y car park as well,luckily the mini bus driver also had to wait,and although i did not understand what he was saying when he was on his phone to his base, the words Thomas Cook were said quite a lot.Luckily we are back with Jewel this year (3 weeks to wait) and their transfers are first rate.

Offline Rockykalamar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »
Great holiday then, Lucy and Steven! Lovely to hear your news! If you're in a villa next year,you'll probably be buying your cocktail ingredients from Yali supermarket, which will save you a bob or two! Try booking a Dalaman transfer with Lycia or Adda..(or any other that people will recommend on here) they'll look after you. If you PM me, I'll send you some contact nos.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »
Hi lucyand steven,

Really happy that  you had a good time and enjoyed yourslelves - and even happier that you came on here and told us what you thought! Well done, and thanks.

You will also be able to join in with the banter in the winter on this forum, as people are making plans for 2011.

Its nice that you met some like-minded people and fancy sharing a villa together - good on you!

cheers

Antler

Offline Rockykalamar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 08:50:04 PM »
Hey Antler. Nice to hear from you again! Loved all your accounts of your holiday and had great food in the ones you recommended! Congratulations on being part of the EK team! Do me a favour though! Watch out for the moaners.. they think they're writing balanced accounts but..  the difference between yours (soul, relax, turkish friends etc! etc!) and theirs is quite distinctive! Well done! ;)  I'm back there in October! And then at Christmas! That is something really special!! lol! How ironic!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 09:58:14 PM »
There is something about the place that makes you fall in love with it isn't there!! Glad you enjoyed it even
though you had a few dissapointments.
We went with Jewel in the crown and can recommend them, no probs at all with flights or transfers.
Nicky

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
sunny kalkan??

Started by kevywevy on Weather

5 Replies
Last post April 08, 2009, 04:26:11 PM
by kalkan wife
xx
What do you miss the most?

Started by Agent Ottoman on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post June 17, 2013, 07:19:02 AM
by Bob & Jayne
xx
I miss Antioch

Started by Ozgur on Other Resorts

1 Replies
Last post February 26, 2009, 07:56:19 PM
by KalkanPosh
xx
sunny england!

Started by izzy35 on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post May 29, 2009, 10:39:20 PM
by izzy35

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal