Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Home :(  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Home :(
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:13:20 PM »
Had a few attempts to do another post while away but ran into problems with internet access and changes being made to the forum and my posts vanished!

Well we arrived home in the early hours of this morning after a lovely relaxing holiday. As planned we didn't venture very far from our little room with the amazing view nestled under the Fish Terrace. After a chilly first couple of evenings (day times were lovely) the weather just got better and better and for the last few evenings no pashmina, cardi etc was needed.

As ever, met lots of lovely people and as usually happens there was lots of discussions about how Kalkan has changed, how many times they have visited etc.

So has Kalkan changed? Of course it has....everywhere does. But the old town still has more charm than most places I've been (ok then, anywhere I've been  :laugh:) and I will never get bored of the views around the harbour. Some changes we don't like, the silly searchlight from Mojito for instance but you can easily ignore those things. We came across all sorts of people ranging from the elderly couple in the room next to ours who were extremely well travelled but still love coming to Kalkan to relax to the extreme football shirt wearing man on the beach.....he had Arsenal tattooed on his back!!

We had some amazing meals, lovely boat trips and just generally chilled. The last two evenings summed up why I hope to return for many more holidays......
On the next to last night we went to Ada fish restaurant on the Kas road. Our transport to this lovely, simple restaurant was arranged by the lovely Deniz from the Moby Dick boats whose family owns the restaurant. Overlooking the moon shining on the sea we ate simply but perfectly cooked calamari and sea bass and bream. By the time we left the whole family had come out to smile and chat to the customers.....just delightful. Then on our last night we went for a drink to the lovely new Fountains bar, I hope this place carries on to do really well as it became a firm favourite, very chilled, then on to dinner at the Fish Terrace, in my mind one of the most consistently good restaurants I have ever been to, the evening was finished off with a night cap in Trio.

So whether you want simple or more sophisticated there is something for everyone in Kalkan. Kalkan gave us just what we wanted from our holiday.....amazing weather, relaxation, excellent food and good company from lovely people. All that while surrounded by the friendliest helpful people you could wish to meet.
I'm already plotting our return!  :laugh:

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11685.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Home :(
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 09:29:19 AM »
Thanks for posting, Babs  :)
Good to know you found Kalkan pretty much as we did and good that you finally got there to see for yourselves eh?
It seems as though a lot of places were finishing for the season quite early this year - we have friends who have been out there since early October who have noticed the difference.
I hope that means they have had a good season and are taking a well earned break.
Did you find some places already closed?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Home :(
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 10:39:44 AM »
Hi Babs. Sounds like a lovely last couple of days. Shame your earlier reports disappeared, I would have enjoyed reading them. Hope your pooch has been pampered well while you were away!  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Home Sweet Home

Started by Joeyloveskalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

15 Replies
Last post January 10, 2013, 09:45:23 AM
by Karen01
xx
going home

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

10 Replies
Last post October 05, 2013, 07:20:47 PM
by joycie
xx
What do you buy to take home...?

Started by kalkan4eva on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

29 Replies
Last post March 28, 2014, 08:36:05 AM
by Cuddles
xx
Where else to try before we go home?!

Started by dshiels on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post May 31, 2012, 04:07:59 PM
by Skunk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal