Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Holiday is Over  (Read 2242 times)

Offline billmccan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Holiday is Over
« on: October 06, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »
Hi All, well by now the holiday is just a lovely memory. Our group met at Glasgow airport at 13:30 for our 15:55 flight to Dalaman and as per the previous weeks the flight was late getting into Glasgow from Palma,we ended up being 30 minutes late taking off but we made up a bit of time and were only 15 minutes arriving. When we went to pick up the hire cars there was a bit of a problem as ADDA had only sent one 8 seater  for our group of 9 adults and a baby after a few phone calls the rep said he would drive 3 of us to Kalkan and arrange for another car to be delivered to our apartment later that same morning and true to his word at 10 the next morning a 4x4 Daihatsu was delivered.
As we arrived at our apartment (Cetinkaya ) about 2 in the morning our first view of Kalkan was seeing the lights of the town from our patio, When we woke at 8 and drew back the curtains the view we had was tremendous and 10 minutes later I was in the infinity pool.After the other car was delivered we all headed down town for breakfast at the Marina restaurant, where Mario remembered our friends who were in Kalkan last year, after telling him we were having a BBQ the next night he told us to come and get fresh made bread the next morning and true to his word when we walked by the next morning he told us to come back in 10 minutes to pick the bread up.When we were finished we headed back up to Yali to get our supplies being the gentlemen we are the guys headed to The Swan just so we  weren’t in the ladies way !!!! That night we had a very nice meal in Odak and the total cost for 9 meals most had 3 courses , drinks, water and bread was  £100 or thereabouts. On Monday my wife and I headed to Kalamara and had lunch overlooking the bay from Kalamara beach club, the fresh lemonade was to die for. One of our group slaved a good part of the day in the kitchen preparing the BBQ we really enjoyed the food and a few Efis followed by a some cooling Gin and lemon into the small hours. On Tuesday morning I took off and had a shave followed by a stroll through the streets taking photos, just after luchtime four of the women and I went for a Turkish Bath ( just behind Yali ) .Our meal that night was in Kas again meal cost were around the £100 mark.  Late Wednesday morning a group of us went to Kalkan beach and found the water so warm, as all who have been to the beach will know a pair of aqua shoes is very much needed.The small cafe at the back of the beach is where we had snacks and at 80 pence for a large bottle of water we weren’t  being ripped off !.After a lazy day on the beach we walked back up to get the car and had to pass Kaptan restaurant  so we had a nice drink there and booked a table for the following night.  On Wednesday night all who were there will know we had a wonderful thunder storm which cleared the air for the next day and improved  the views from the apartment for tea that night we had Pizza and to be honest they weren’t  the best .  Thursday (market day) time to buy the pressy’s for home ,the chat of the stall holders is so funny (Cheaper than shoplifting) or (how much ? at that price my children will starve ) we headed back to  NUR for coffee and pastries and very nice they were too  later I went out and took photos  from the bend in the road over looking Kalkan , we headed out for the night and went for cocktails at Yakamoz (shabby chique chairs ) before heading up to Kaptan restaurant.  Food was good but it did take a while to serve us this was the dearest meal  at 400TL bot to be honest it was worth every lira . On Friday six of us headed down to Marina for our breakfast before setting off on The Sea Bella and for 29 TL for the day it was well worth it.  The water is so clean and inviting with plenty of time for swimming and snorkelling, staff on board were pleasant and helpful . Lunch on board came at the right time as swimming always makes me hungry, later Turkish tea , cake  and watermelon was served up. It was nice to see flying fish as our friend had been going on about seeing them last year. The rest of our group met us at The Lighthouse for a snack of waffles and ice creams. We didn’t take much rocking that night as the fresh air made us very tired.
Saturday morning we had to vacate our apartment but as no one was going into our friends apartment Rodger the property manager said that we could use that apartment  for the rest of the day. We just hung about the pool until  afternoon then we took in a couple of tunes from the Swing and Jazz band from Edinburgh who were playing at Merkez after a little shop around we had our last meal at Bouganville ( sorry if misspelt) apart from moving our chairs when lorries came past we enjoyed a lovely meal.
We set off  for the airport at 18:00 and the journey there was how could you say “SPEEDY” .  Again the flight was delayed due to a mistake by ground staff ,the Jet2 staff were very apologetic and made sure the Dalaman staff  knew where the blame was to lie.
All in all this was a fantastic holiday and  be sure we will return, thanks to all in Kalkan for making it a memorable holiday .
Cheers
Bill

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8662.0

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Holiday is Over
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 06:22:40 PM »
Ah Bill, ours is over too, even though we got off the flight at Dalaman that you were getting on. Did you see us wave triumphantly ;D
So glad you enjoyed your holiday and hope that you will return again to enjoy all the delights that make up Kalkan. 15 years and counting and I just can't get enough :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 09:09:58 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it Bill.......don't you just love those comfy Yakamoz thrones?

itstime..start saving for next year! :-*
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline billmccan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 07:17:36 PM »
Hey Blue lizard , yes they are crakers would easily fall asleep on them after a few cocktails, Seen chairs like those today when we were up in Ayr.
Cheers
Bill

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 07:22:55 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it Bill.......don't you just love those comfy Yakamoz thrones?

itstime..start saving for next year! :-*

LOL the "It's time for fun in Kalkan fund" has already had it's first donation ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
Best Holiday ever

Started by shee on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post July 30, 2013, 07:23:23 PM
by Kajfish
xx
What I did on my holiday

Started by tonik1945 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

21 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 09:36:35 PM
by Bob & Jayne
xx
Another fab holiday

Started by pattaya on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post May 18, 2016, 06:02:14 PM
by pattaya
xx
Holiday alone

Started by Darcy on Introduce Yourself

4 Replies
Last post February 09, 2013, 08:48:42 PM
by Darcy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal