Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Haybo's holiday -day 2  (Read 3664 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Haybo's holiday -day 2
« on: July 28, 2014, 05:00:54 AM »
Where was I ? Oh yes, where to eat on Saturday night....despite our best intentions, we couldn't walk past Hunkar's! We had chicken wings, meat rolls and doner beydi(?), an efes, 2 sprites and water...115 TL.  We were all pretty tired so we were back home by 9' played cards for a bit, then hit the hay.

Sunday - day 2.  The boys walked Dawn to Yali and the bakery next  door for a few essentials, then hubby went an a half day cookery course at Gurus palace.  He strongly recommends it. Before the course starts you do the shopping which included showing how to make the thin filo pastry...then off to the kitchens.  We are looking forward to him showing  off his new skills!

This afternoon we has some friends who have been staying in Kas come over for a swim and some dinner. It was lovely to catch up! We did bottle going to Adana, but walked in to town, collected my prescription sunglasses and ate at Authentic, now there were 8 of us, so I can't recall what everyone had... I did notice Efes was 9.95. My lot had pre dinner drinks, mixed Mezze, Iskender kebab, liver and a chicken dish, more drinks through meal and our 3/8 of the bill was just short of 200tl.  I felt it was a bit expensive for what it was, but it was the company that was worth it!

We all had a bit too  much sun yesterday so not sure what we'll do today as we are out on Yildiz 3 tomorrow!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12288.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: Haybo's holiday -day 2
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 01:46:14 PM »
Thanks so much for posting Haybo, it's really getting me in the mood for our hols - have I mentioned that we're on countdown too  ;D 8) ;D

I saw the photo of the queue outside Hunkar on facebook - wonder if you were on there too. To be honest we only eat in at Easter and get takeaway's in summer as we really can't be bothered to queue up.

How did you find your prescription sunglasses? I've just had some done here but have a spare pair that I might take and have done if it's not too costly. May I ask how much you paid?

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and  I look forward to the installments.  :)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 02:02:10 PM »
Lizilu I paid about £140 for my glasses in Rayban frames with reaction lenses and anti glare etc. Janet played a bit less for her perscriptions which are permanently dark that she uses for driving in unique frames at Goz shop

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 02:34:16 PM »
Thanks Pompeyalbie. I just want them for reading, I'll take them with me and see. I'll reuse the frames but the prescriptions changed since I first had them done thanks to the ageing process! Always good to have a spare pair of reading glasses - I'm always breaking the pound shop ones  ::)  ;D

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 02:51:36 PM »
Hi. I think my prescription sun glasses cost £70. Hubby has had varifocals with anti glare and transitions in news rimless frames plus distance only lenses in his existing frames for £250.....over £400 less than the quote at home. 

Just to make you laugh, the prescriptive text changes sun glasses to dung slashes!!!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 06:03:06 PM »
Gosh, that is good value for money. I've just had 2 pairs of new glasses from specsavers. 1 clear and 1 sunglasses (both varifocal) not designer, no anti glare or special effects but are the best lenses (there were 3 standards to choose from), supposedly on a BOGOF offer, also a clear pair with just distance in some old frames, so just lenses in those and I paid approx £340.00.

Just what you need before your  holiday! I presume I just take the prescription with me or does he/she test your eyes again? Also, did you both use the same shop?

Thanks  :)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 07:56:23 PM »
We used Goz too. He can't issue a prescription so you will need to either take a prescription or a pair of glasses that he can run through the machine to get the readings.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 08:26:07 PM »
Thanks Haybo  :-*

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 09:00:19 AM »
Haybo, hope today is going well for you and look forward to hearing about it.   Not too long before my next visit.

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 11:41:40 AM »
Lizilu20

Best take a current prescription.  Goz can use the accurate information then - reading the old specs in the machine is close, but not really as close as it could be.  Why not get them perfect for the sake of a new prescription?  Take a photocopy (which you should always do when you go on holiday anyway - just in case).

If you need to get them tested, they will have to take you to Fethiye for it.

Nice thing about getting specs there, is the specification.  One of the coatings is PTFE so the dirt washes off under the tap, then they just need a polish.  I don't know of a UK optician that does that, nor the higher refractive Index lenses either that you can get in Turkey.

Finally, most UK opticians will downgrade your reading glasses in spec without telling you, in Goz, they are a similar specification.
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 01:50:58 PM »
Thanks Chris_S, I never thought to take a photocopy.

Really good info.   :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Haybo's holiday Day 1

Started by Haybo on Holiday Reports and Reviews

7 Replies
Last post July 27, 2014, 09:29:12 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Haybo's holiday day 14

15 Replies
Last post August 13, 2014, 07:11:56 AM
by Babs
xx
Haybo's holiday - days 3&4

2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2014, 05:34:15 PM
by Babs
xx
Haybo's holiday days 10&11

3 Replies
Last post August 06, 2014, 01:48:21 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Villa Safran

Views: 5480
By: skauser
Kas