Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Geordie duos travels  (Read 14800 times)

Offline Geordie duo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 28
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Geordie duos travels
« on: September 13, 2019, 05:35:17 PM »
Hi everyone
This is my first ever time sharing my Kalkan holiday reports so here goes.

Arrived around midnight last night the flight was great not a single bump (thank you Jet 2)

We quickly unpacked and crashed.

Woke up this morning sooo excited looked out the window to black clouds coming over mountain.  Well I had a little sulk  for
2 minutes then made coffee and sat out and admired the view. It's so good to be back.

We walked to Merkez for our breakfast and it was delicious. With full bellies we walked to the fruit and veg shop for supplies..it's sooooo
cheap in there. Next was the supermarket for estential supplies of beer wine and zero tonic.

The time we walked back to the apartment the sun was out so it would be rude not to chill around the pool till 5.30.

Just getting my face on for heading into town. Not sure where we will eat tonight but will post tomorrow to let you know..

Tracy

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=14274.0

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
Re: Geordie duos travels
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 05:53:56 PM »
Oh I so envy you. Thankyou for your lovely report look forward to the next one.

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 07:21:32 PM »
Tracy.....good to hear that you had a smooth flight and arrived safely. I did  think that the weather wasn't too kind to you on your first day but, as you said, it did brighten up in the afternoon. I'm really looking to reading your holiday blog. I'll be writing my next instalment  tomorrow. Hopefully meet up for a drink before we fly home on Monday.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 10:22:16 PM »
Really exciting to see another holiday report in the making! Have a wonderful holiday and thanks for sharing...

Offline Geordie duo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 04:12:47 PM »
Day 2

We headed off for pre drinks at the moonlight bar. We bumped into some Geordie girls from home which was nice.

After our drinks we headed down to find somewhere to eat. Without going into too much detail we had the first inedible
meal in 15 years in Kalkan. We were really disappointed as this was our first night. The service and food was shocking.

After leaving the restaurant we sat outside black and gold only for it to start raining.   Could this first night get any worse.

We headed up to Shade bar (our favourite) where we had a few drinks and people watched.

Today we spent the morning at the pool till the rain and thunder came.  We decided to go to Lime bar to watch the toon (Newcastle)
We got beat off Liverpool..

Things can only get better (like the song by Dream)  surely.

Tracy

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 04:20:11 PM »
Oh no Tracy

Sorry to hear you had a bad meal... hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day. I do have to recommend The Olive Garden, I had the cook your own steak there and it was lovely

Enjoy your holidays!
Jon

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 04:36:56 PM »
Hi Tracy, I was genuinely disappointed  to read that your first meal in Kalkan was a disaster and that the weather and football haven't been kinder to you both. If it's any consolation my team (Crystal Palace) are getting hammered by Spurs. I'm confident that the weather will pick up and that you will go on to enjoy another great holiday in Kalkan

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 11:27:35 AM »
That storm & rain was very badly needed, it's cleared the air & now it's just beautiful, even the trees & plants look refreshed.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Geordie duo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 04:20:24 PM »
Day 3

Well what a difference a day makes..

After our defeat by Liverpool and too many drinks in Lime bar we both headed to bed for a little nap.
We woke up at 8pm quick shower and headed into town. Quick look in berzerans to look for Keith but couldn't see him.

We meandered down to Merkez for a couple and before we knew it was 10pm.  With nothing booked we wandered to
Akin and enjoyed our meal. We both had chicken dishes can't remember the names but we both said the same, nice and the service was excellent.
With a bottle of house red the bill came to 185 very reasonable.

We walked back up death hill and ended our night in berzerans for a glass of wine. Perfect end to a lovely night.

Today we have chilled around the pool and I made lunch. Perfect day.

Tomorrow we are heading to Palm beach club.

Tracy

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 11:02:13 AM »
Hi Tracy........I've now written my final blog and so I am now relying on you to keep me updated on all things Kalkan and your holiday exploits. It was really nice to meet up with you and Bill and hopefully  we will meet again in the future. Keith

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 03:13:38 PM »
Love reading these blogs and knowing members are making friends through EK
Heres to an ever growing membership :)

Offline Geordie duo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 04:18:06 PM »
Day 4 and 5

Sunday night we headed off in search of Keith and Tracey at berzarin and enjoyed a drink with them (lovely to catch up with you both)
This time in Kalkan we have decided to share our Lira around as we normally only have pre drinks at moonlight bar.
Tonight we enjoy a drink at Merkez they do a very nice glass of red.
Later we dined at LAL which was lovely I had the lemon chicken and Bill had the liver with a pomegranate sauce which he said was fab.
We walked down to fenner for ice creams.  Fully stuffed we finished the night back at berzarin people watching having had a lovely night.

Monday we headed off to the harbour to catch the boat to Palm beach club.  We stayed till after 6pm it was such a beautiful day. We had tea, coffee around 6 drinks and lunch there for £45 perfect day. We decided to walk back up death hill to our apartment (crazy idea).
After a quick turn around we headed into town for drinks in Merkez before our meal in Barharat. We both had steaks and they were delicious as usual.  We headed off to finish the night in shade bar untill the early hours chatting to lovely people.

Today we have chilled around the pool all day it's been lovely, I made lunch at the apartment. Just perfect.
Tonight we are going to see where we end up but will update you tomorrow.

Tracy

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 08:18:20 PM »
Lovely report Tracy. I'm so pleased that the weather has improved and that you are both enjoying your holiday. We've just been informed that our normal villa isn't available on our preferred dates and so not sure whether or not we will be back next year. We'll see what's available and then make a decision.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 01:15:02 PM »
Hi Tracy, thanks for posting.

Hopefully this time tomorrow we will have landed and be on our way down the D400, winging our way to lovely Kalkan! Will look out for you. x

Offline Geordie duo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 05:01:46 PM »
 Safe journey Liz.

Day 6

Last night we headed down into town (slower pace as I was tired from another late night)

We headed to moonlight for a pre dinner drinks. Had the usual glass of crisp white wine (it tastes better this year) Bill has his usual Effes.

We headed to the harbour and decided on Sherlock Holmes as we had been there in May and it was nice then. It was really quiet only the front tables
booked.  I ordered the spicy chicken and Bill the sizzling beef, they were both exceptional washed down with a bottle of red. We decided to sit
In the comfy seats to finish our wine.  We then received a free glass each of wine which was lovely all for 280 Lira.

We then decided to walk our meal off and decided on Lime bar.  When we arrived it was full with footie fans. I love the footie but not tonight so we crossed the road and headed to Marley's bar.  This was a first for us we enjoyed the music but the white wine is the worst I have ever tasted so
went t on to sambuca bailey which was lovely.

We headed home and had a g and t on the balcony.

Today was chilling around the pool, I made lunch.

Tomorrow we are heading to the castle for the day.  Will let you know how it was.

Tracy

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 06:34:52 PM »
Another great report Tracy. Making me feel slightly  envious as I've been back at work for two days.

Offline Geordie duo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 05:19:08 PM »
Day 7

Pre drinks at merkez last night before heading up to Salonika
For our meal. I had the lamb shank and hubby had the Turkish kebab.
Both really lovely washed down with the normal bottle of red. (No freebies tonight)
Not even the bread and dips to start. Excellent service.

The town was really busy as it has been for our week here. I love it when it’s busy.

We headed back to our apartments for a very large g and t on the balcony.

Today we have been to the Castle. WOW what an amazing place. We had the whole place to ourself and stayed till after 5pm. We had lunch of fresh chicken sandwich and omelette both were delish. We had 3 beers wine and water and the bill came to 240 lira. Bargain as the pool area was lovely to relax around. We have booked again for next week.

Off to the Olive Garden tonight so will report back tomorrow.

Geordie duo

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 06:12:35 PM »
My favourite meal of the holiday was at the Olive Garden... hope you enjoy it - The cook your own steak at the table was fantastic  :)

Dare I use the phrase, best steak in Kalkan  O0

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 07:09:05 PM »
Hi Tracy & Bill.......another enjoyable read. So pleased that your holiday is back on track. I've been back at work since Tuesday and have to confess that our holiday is already fading into the distant memory. We're not sure whether or not we will be back next year........we plan to look at alternative destinations and may opt to go to Kyrenia in Northern Cyprus. Just need to sort out accommodation  and flights.

Offline Geordie duo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2019, 06:51:47 AM »
Hi Keith

I haven't heard of that place.hope you manage to get it booked.

I will definitely try the steak at olive garden next week when we go back with friends.

Tracy

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

IMG_2069_JPG.jpg

Views: 2702
By: PaulineBurns
Fener Bar