Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Efes......don't mind if we do ;)  (Read 4487 times)

Offline kizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Efes......don't mind if we do ;)
« on: July 07, 2015, 01:46:35 PM »
I'm sitting in my office with less that 24 hours before we have to leave for the airport  :D It's going to be a long day tomorrow, well it will for my niece, she has to travel from Edinburgh to Stansted at silly o'clock in the morning before our little party of 5 head out for our flight to Dalaman later in the day.  Passports, visas and some TL are already in place in my handbag and some comfy travel clothes have been laid out.  I don't care if I look like one of the Clampits - I'm going for comfort.  Don't you just hate it when you see travellers coming off a plane all groomed and looking perfect?  How do they do that? I look like I have been dragged through a hedge backwards  ;D The kind 'Villa' man has organised some beer and wine to be chilling in the fridge for our arrival which happens to land on my son's 21st birthday so Efes............don't mind if we do  :) :) :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12880.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Efes......don't mind if we do ;)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 02:27:20 PM »
aah kizzy...the first report of many I hope :)
Have a safe flight - I also resemble a Clampit coming off the plane so you are not alone ;) I also have the heaviest bag in the world for hand luggage - everyone else seems to have a tiny, weightless bag but mine leaves huge welts in my arm.
See you on the other side...as antler says..
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 03:25:34 PM »
Have great time kizzy I always look like a right scruff. One year travelling to the airport the driver braked sharply and half a bottle of cherry juice ended up down the front of my white top. Think the people in the queue thought I must have had a nose bleed yuk. One mad dash to the loos with my case to try and delve out a top nearest to hand, even though hubby moaned about keeping it on so we'd get back in the queue, can you imagine. As it was, the clean top looked as if it had been slept in, but hey ho just pretend it'shabby chique. Enjoy the sun and Happy 21st to your son.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 05:05:30 PM »
I'm quivering in anticipation kizzy! Thanks so much for picking up the baton  ;)

I'm  also the scruff bag, slightly squiffy from warm white airplane wine and gin with crumpled clothes and Pringle crumbs dropping off me as I walk off the plane, teamed  with a faint scent of our youngests travel sickness also lingering about my person and bag weighed down with airport goodies! Good to know we are all of a similar disposition.  ;D

Have a fab holiday and look forward to hearing all about it.  :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 05:12:14 PM »
Oooh, nice one Kizzy!  It will help me feel as though I am still there (before I loose that feeling competely).

Hope your son has a great 21st. Oli, 21, weighed himself last night after 17 days in Kalkan and was 10 kilos heavier (he did look too thin before he went, though, as he had been working too hard).

Enjoy - I will be watching

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 06:18:24 PM »
Kizzy thank you for posting that fab news of the day for me! will be looking forward to reading all about your holiday with your family, and as everyone says don't worry about what you look like when you get off the plane, I am never looking my best either!  Have fun, and look forward to hearing all about it.   :D :D :D :D

J&B

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
Am I the only person who uses the flight time to completely redo my make up after a brief power nap and then follow that up with a full manicure, just before I dash to the loo to change into crisp linen ready for the transfer??  :laugh:

Offline kizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 09:08:25 PM »
Oh Babs I wish I was like you  :) I won't even go to the loo on an airplane lol not being the smallest of stature I'm terrified my bum will get stuck  ;) so cases are now all packed. Have had confirmation that the Scotland contingent is ready too and heading to bed as she has to be at Edinburgh airport for 5 in the morning  :o) me well I'm sitting with a glass of bubbles and toasting the next 16 days whoop whoop. I will do my best with daily updates but please don't expect much I'm no Antler - a very hard act to follow  ;D

Offline kizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 10:43:01 AM »
So after a very turbulent flight from Stansted we arrived in Dalaman on time. Quick trip to duty free and then down to the minibus waiting for us and thank good for air con! Villa is very traditional and lovely. Waking up this morning to the most wonderful view from up on the hillside. I think we have all finally relaxed

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 11:03:15 AM »
Glad to hear you've arrived safely. Is it too early to go and try that 1st Efes you've been promising yourself?  ;)

Have a lovely relaxing day and looking forward to hearing all about it.  :)

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »
Have one for all of us. 

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 04:56:05 PM »
Have a wonderful holiday kizzy, can't wait to hear all about it!
I can't believe you fell for my description of my in flight pampering! In reality I step off the plane looking as bedraggled, stained and covered in crumbs as everyone else!!m :laugh:

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 06:09:40 PM »
Glad you've arrived safely Kizzy, sorry your flight was a little bumpy though! I imagine that you have sampled your first Efes by now! Look forward to a post or 2 if you have time.   :D

J

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 06:30:03 PM »
Well done for relaxing so quickly....takes me a day or two to get to my relaxed state.
Looking forward to hearing more from you when you have time :)

Offline kizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 09:52:30 PM »
So day 1....drinks in Lime and a very nice vibe it was too. Had a look in Coriander and we all decided that we would definitely be having a meal there :) then to the villa for some r&r and a Hunkar delivery ....very naughty but had to be done! After what seemed hours for the two girls to get ready we phoned the taxi and the 21st celebrations began  ;D first stop Doy Doy where the birthday boy had apple and mint Shisha which went down a treat apparently! The rest of us had cocktails and very yummy they were too! Then off to Aubergine for our meal. What a meal....the boys had lamb Ragu and then there was the biggest salad I have seen in my life, a spag Bol and boring old me had chicken skewer but it was delicious. Birthday cake and fireworks followed and lots and lots of alcohol  ;D and the evening ended on our roof terrace with some bubbles. Perfect end to a perfect day  :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan on my mind!

Started by deepasforever1 on The Everything Else Area!

28 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 07:54:31 PM
by Potter
recycled
Put My Mind At Rest...

Started by sarah.ellie on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post August 14, 2009, 10:43:11 AM
by Leigh
xx
Never mind Kalkan, footy season is nearly here!

Started by Potter on The Everything Else Area!

26 Replies
Last post August 19, 2011, 09:33:26 AM
by Enişte
xx
Notes from a Small Mind (with apologies to Mr. Bryson)

Started by Chris_S on Holiday Reports and Reviews

55 Replies
Last post September 26, 2016, 08:01:28 PM
by keith

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal