Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Day 3  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Day 3
« on: October 08, 2013, 04:12:41 PM »
Mousakka as lovely as ever last night, OH thoroughly indulged his love of red meat that he doesn't get at home by having liver and onions followed by summer steak.......I think he nodded happily with joy throughout.......I had a lovely aubergine dish filled by sea bass and shrimps......delicious. We called in at the new Fountain Bar recommended on here a couple of weeks ago, what a delightful spot, lovely peaceful roof top bar run by the lovely young couple.....no fishbowls to be seen!
Today was our trip on Moby Dick part one......part two on Friday. Usual eclectic mix of people.....and lots of fun to be had fishing for squid! Denis and Kamal looked after us very well and a chilled day was had by all.
Trying Sade tonight, a new one for us, we have one of the Juliet balconies booked and sadly I think I will be doing more people watching than eating as have been afflicted by a dose of the 'Turkish trots!' today......probably should have not eaten on the boat but it was all too delicious to ignore! >:D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11665.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Day 3
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 03:12:38 PM »
Oh Babs, poor you :(
There's nothing worse than those horrible cramps and that familiar gurgling in the abdomen...still I look on the bright side and know at least my clothes will be looser for a couple of days ;D and it is only a couple of days ::)
Hope you had a nice evening at Sade, anyway.
Thanks for taking the time to post, sounds as though you are enjoying the "holiday that almost never was".
Look forward to your next installment.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »
Babs......If I were you the only people i'd be watching are the ones coming out of the toilet so you have a free run at it ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 05:30:31 PM »
Sadly never made it to Sade......it ws a table for one at Korsan Meze....well ok two, I nursed a glass of water while Oh had a delicious meal....?That way I was very near my  own loo!  >:D Felt like death warmed up....despite travelling with full medicine chest nothing worked so lovely kind waiter at the Korsan, can't imagine why I don't know his name, took other half off to the pharmacy this morning on the back of his scooter for some super strength tablets! Feeling much better now but think it will be plain fish and rice for me tonight with another glass of water......I'm a cheap date!  :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 07:52:43 PM »
I feel your pain Babs....now you've got the proper pills I'm sure you'll improve....their chemical intervention always works much better than ours  :)
One of our Turkish friends told us that rice and peaches.....not together, naturally......help with the Turkish Trots. Don't ask me why, but we always buy peaches in Kalkan if we have a iffy tum and we always feel ok the next day - could just be auto suggestion. At home I'll drink Bellinis if I feel a bit off and maybe don't feel quite so chipper next day :D
Good luck eating tonight :)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 07:55:52 AM »
Oh poor you Babs hope the tablets have worked, I have had them from their chemist before and they worked a treat. Also one of our Turkish friends told us an asprin dissolved in sprite is the best thing - never tried it myself yet but worth a try I guess.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 04:27:10 PM »
Thanks for all the suggested remedies.......had my fish and rice at Agora and very nice it was too.....almost back to normal today apart from a gurgle or two!  :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 04:37:32 PM »
Glad you're nearly back to normal. It's so frustrating when there's all that lovely food to sample in Kalkan but your tummy is dodgy. We enjoyed agora too when we went last year.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Spot your villa

Views: 4732
By: Babadag
kalamar beach