Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Come out, come out wherever you are ??  (Read 3949 times)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Come out, come out wherever you are ??
« on: June 20, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »
Is it me or has this forum been on the quiet side lately. Maybe everyone is in Kalkan soaking up the sun, sipping mojitos or busy spending their handbag funds. Perhaps everyone else is busy packing  blingey flip-flops and mossie cream. Come on  you lucky guys out there in paradise spare a thought for us here in the gloomy, drizzly UK  :-[ and get sending those entertaining, amusing holiday reports  8). Ì don't know about anyone else but I I need my Kalkan fix to keep my spirits up until we arrive there ourselves at the end of August.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11200.0

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Come out, come out wherever you are ??
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 06:19:42 AM »
I know what you mean clara 50, nowhere near as many people use EK as used to in the past, I think all the bickering in the past has put a lot of people off, shame  ???

Well what a month me & oh have in front of us.....we fly to Sydney on the 3rd of July( with our friends, another couple) , staying there for 3 nights, going to the 3rd and final Lions game,then we pick up our Winnebago and start our 3 week drive up the Gold Coast ( Great Barrier Reef ) ending up in Cairns, then we fly back to Sydney to watch United play ( on their pre season tour )......then we fly back to Kalkan for 3 nights before we start our drive back to the uk....shite life  ;) 8) ;)

I will do reports of our trip  8)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 07:59:38 AM »
I was thinking the same clara 5o! Maybe onelove is right and the bickering has put some people off? Let's declare July officially non bickering month!
Mind you I can't speak really....I always on here when at home but rarely put a holiday report up when in Kalkan.....and this year will be a particular challenge as don't have wifi.
Still off to Dubrovnik for a week on Monday.....weather forecasts very mixed but holding out and hoping for sun  :angel:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 08:53:40 AM »
I was just thinking the same thing! what are we going to do when K4E goes home, I've so been enjoying her holiday reports  :(
Come on peeps, get your fingers greased and give us some idea of what you are up to on your holidays and where you ate etc! I think all our agents heve defected to trip advisor or something!!  ;D
Onelove - WOW!!! Your Australia trip sounds amazing and I would love to hear about it, please give us a report about your adventures and enjoy every minute, you too Babs, would love to hear what Dubrovnik is like compared to Kalkan and I hope the weather is kind to you.  8)
Let's keep our fingers crossed Clara and hope that someone out there is listening.  :) :)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 09:00:49 AM »
G'DAY Onelove I am SOO jealous, a trip of an absolute lifetime, my OH will be so envious he would give anything to see a Lions game, he's a rugby nut. Ñever mind he'll have to be satisfied with it on TV, perhaps I'll buy him a few bottles of Efes so he can pretend he's watching it in a bar in Kalkan. Please send some holiday reports, it would be great to hear about your Aussie adventures, have a wonderful time think of us back here in dreary old wales lol! Never mind we have eighteen nights from august bank holiday monday in Kalkan to look forward to, off shopping for some new holiday clobber tomorrow, will have to dodge the flip-flops though as I have a cupboard full of them and can never decide which ones to take with me ;) ::)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 09:14:39 AM »
Have a great time in Dubrovnik Babs, we don't send reports from  Kalkan as the villa we rent doesn't have wifi either, have been thinking of taking my tablet this time and maybe sending some reports from  Cafe Ev when my Oh fancies going there for a few Efes and a chinwag with the owner. Yes Lizilu I think some might have defected too, such a pity, I hope good old Blue lizard isn't  going to go as I'm sure you'll agree you can always rely on him to bring great humour to the forum.  I have my fingers and toes crossed as well, just have to have my EK fix to keep me going until the next visit  lol!

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 09:33:31 AM »
Clara where do you think people are defecting to, not TA surely. Now I am worried am I missing out on something.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 10:18:10 AM »
Yes definitely agree, no bickering in July, just look forward to fab holidays reports from everyone! Hope it is okay, but we will be posting our holiday report of our 4 days in Dalyan before heading off to Kalkan at the end of July  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Onelove, your holiday sounds fantastic, have a great time, and you too Babs in Dubrovnik.

Jayne

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 10:44:34 AM »
Brilliant, thanks Jayne, I can't wait to read it! Hope you like Dalyan - but not too much  ;) or you might defect to the Enjoy Dalyan forum  :o  :-*

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 10:57:15 AM »
Never Lizzie, although we are looking forward to spending a few days in Dalyan!  8)

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 11:53:10 AM »
 :) we are too busy looking for daniel craig to do any postings ! lol!!!

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 12:15:48 PM »
Very important Samson, when you spot the hunk in the trunks you'll have plenty to post then. Keep your eyes peeled and your wits about  you hope you've invested in a good pair of binoculars with night vision and a camera with long range lens so you'll have your concrete evidence to impress all us EK'ers.

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 12:36:41 PM »
No bickering! Are you crazy? Without the bickering this site would be just too twee.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 01:03:02 PM »
Good point BubblesG, nothing wrong with a bit of lively debate, keeps things interesting, how boring would it be if we all agreed with eachother on everything. However getting insulting or making things personal is a different kettle of fish altogether. Anything you fancy having a good old bicker about today BubblesG to liven it up a bit, I'm your gal,. Only pulling your leg lol!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 05:39:19 PM »
OK.....I did do the post early this morning.....bickering is fine but please no insults!!  :laugh:
As for people defecting to tripadvisor.....I don't think so although some of us do pop up quite regularly....mentioning no names, lizilu, graphix etc.......tripadvisor forums don't tend to be very friendly places to hang out in my opinion.....I put a post on the Dubrovnik forum to say I was concerned after a weather forecast showed rain every day next week and was accused of being a hoaxer.....now anyone who knows me would know I wouldn't joke about the weather!!

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 08:38:10 PM »
Agreed Babs I've been on TA forum and asked a question re the RER B train in Paris and the replies I got made me feel stupid as they were written in such a condescending manner. Not welcoming like on here, disputes and bickering aside  ;) even though that is entertaining!  >:D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2013, 10:53:01 PM »
True Babs, I do take a sneaky peek on TA and occasionally comment but I get fed up with the negativity. You just can't seem to have any fun on there at all. If anyone asks a question on Kalkan m, you'll get at least 3 people or so running Kalkan down and saying - go to cirali/ dalyan/calis/kayakoy instead! We went to kas a few years ago and a question was asked on the kas forum "Kalkan or kas" and wanted people who had been to both to comment. I said that in my opinion, as we'd been to both, Kalkan was the better resort and gave my reasons why. OMG- I thought I'd committed a crime, the wrath of the kas forum posters was rained down upon me and they were so rude. It's as though us Kalkan lovers are second class citizens, hence I've never ventured on that forum again! I only post now if I'm feeling emotionally strong  ;D
Anyway back on topic - yes, come on you agents, get your reports on here pronto! Good, bad or indifferent, I need a daily fix!!!  8)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 01:52:36 PM »
Thought I'd revive this thread.......with the greatest respect I need a little more of Kalkan than the Chinese restaurant to fill the Kalkan shaped hole in my life! So come on peeps, if you're out there give us some lovely reports......don't keep it all to yourself!  >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal