Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Building work  (Read 3287 times)

Offline LancashireLass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
  • I long for the day when I return to Kalkan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Building work
« on: July 03, 2014, 06:15:04 PM »
Hi during the middle of June we spent a third year on the run holidaying in Kalkan and even though we had a fabulous time and felt like crying when it was time to say bye bye Kalkan, we could not help noticing the amount of new villas and extended hotels that have been built in such a short space of time, 12 months.  We love Kalkan and I really hope that, and yes I do understand that things change, but please for the sake of such a beautiful and charming place lets hope that the building work soon stops and not too much change will take place.  As well, we could not help but notice that since last year the people visiting Kalkan had also risen and we was advised that was all thanks to the Daily Mail for not once but twice placing in the paper for all to see a full tourism guide on Kalkan, I suppose our best kept secrets do not remain so forever.

Will we be returning of course we will let's hope that Kalkan does not change too much.

J x

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12236.0
Janie Q

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
Re: Building work
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 07:45:05 AM »
Sadly Kalkan failed being 'Turkeys best kept secret' many years ago, the last article we read recently was in the Mail on Sunday & who ever wrote it had us puzzled as to where they were writing about really. We have articles saved from years ago, perhaps the reporters have a vested interest in Kalkan.

One has to think back, where did we hear about Kalkan, who have we told, did we rave about it so that others needed to try it. When we first came the transfer time was 4 1/2 to 5 hrs & it didn't put us off. We have also noticed far more young families with babes in pushchairs, one thing you didn't see years ago.  The building, well that went mad because of the changes/elections in the local government this year but doubt things will change that much, can only hope.  Kalkan has & will continue to change, too much greed & competition to stop it.

Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline LancashireLass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
  • I long for the day when I return to Kalkan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 12:36:29 AM »
Hi DRDB,

We heard about Kalkan through word of mouth four years back both myself and my other half had work friends who had visited the place and recommended it, we have never looked back, I'm missing the place.  It certainly wasn't through any form of media at that time.

J x

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 10:48:35 AM »
Only a handful of people had heard of it when we first came, including the travel agent who we first booked through, certainly nothing in the media then. Also think the fact that foreigners were in a position some time ago to buy an affordable holiday home so that increased the popularity of Kalkan & Kas.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »
We first went to Kalkan in 2008. It was our first holiday abroad for years and as our youngest was all grown up we decided it was time to explore. Couldn't decide where to go so a colleague of my OH's told him about Kalkan as he'd recently bought an apartment there. Went there and never looked back. It does seem to be getting more publicity now but when we're asked by people where we're off on hols, nobody seems to have heard of it. Mind you, coincidentally when I was in hospital recently having fractured my pelvis on a weekend break ( no pun intended) one of the nurses began talking about hols and lo and behold they go to Kalkan twice a year and at the same time of year as we've been. Spent ages chatting all about our favourite haunts especially evenings in the Moonlight, took my mind off the agony a treat. Apart from her I've never bumped into anyone else who's been there not even on the plane. So maybe it's still a little bit of a secret paradise, seems selfish but long may it stay that way.  8)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
building work

Started by Hannah Smith on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post April 01, 2010, 08:05:32 PM
by Anne
xx
Building work/architect

Started by chickengeorge on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post July 30, 2009, 09:25:26 PM
by BevJam
xx
Building repair work

Started by stevelynn on Living In Kalkan

0 Replies
Last post September 27, 2021, 07:27:25 PM
by stevelynn
xx
Service Road and Building work

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post January 22, 2013, 04:32:46 PM
by alantj

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal