Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Booked Again  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Griffo63

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Booked Again
« on: August 27, 2013, 07:00:19 AM »
So we returned on the 9th and said we will wait to book next years hols until January!!!!!!!!!!!!! so by the 24th August we have booked the villa (3rd year running same one) flights are booked all paid for now only 47 weeks to go. We had such a good time this year in Kalkan how could we not go back? great food, great service,great people = Kalkan.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11529.0

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
Re: Booked Again
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 07:27:49 PM »
You are indeed, smitten, Griffo63!  Welcome to the club. You now have great memories and a lovely holiday to look forward to!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 09:56:20 PM »
Good on yer Griffo....getting in early gets the dates you want!! 
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 12:08:36 PM »
griffo63, who have you booked flights with for next year?
easyJet still not booking past March of next year and Jet2 again coming out at around £300 each in June without food which is way more than we would like to pay >:(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »
Easyjet  flights for this year opened on 12th Sept 2012 from Gatwick for flights from April till June 14th 2013 (aprox) from 14th June till late summer was on sale from 6th Oct 2012...for some strange reason..we could buy flights out but not back till a few weeks later????..I am checking EJ everyday now because of how random they are with dates..villa booked! but cases still in attic ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 01:43:47 PM »
Yes we were in the same boat last year, BL :(
Seems random to release dates that stop halfway through a month, but that's easyJet for you ::)
We've booked our accommodation but luckily we hadn't booked flights as the owner asked us if we minded changing our dates to accomodate a wedding party. We knew one of the young couples who rent on the complex at the same time as us are getting married next year but we hadn't realised they needed "our place" too, but its nothing to us to come out a week later than we usually do to help them out.
Means we'll miss rachey this year though, sadly... :(

Offline Griffo63

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »
yes we have booked flights from Birmingham with Monarch its only 15 mins down the road think they £428 each with bags etc not the cheapest I know but easy for us to get to. :)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 06:10:01 PM »
Hi K4E. We're coming out earlier so the wedding party can have our place. I think of it as 'mine' now!  I also thought what a shame to miss K4E!  Ah well maybe 2015  :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 09:42:30 PM »
Lordy, sounds like they've booked the whole place :) Sort of glad we aren't there the same time, I kinda like the peace and quiet, don't know about you, Rachey? Might see you later on in 2014 as we have no special events next year to celebrate in other parts of the world ::)
If not 2015, God willing....

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 09:45:32 PM »
Griffo63, those Monarch flights make the Jet2 ones look cheap :o

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 09:54:05 PM »
Griffo, you know what you want!  Good on you. I must admit, Monarch would be my choice from experience. Jet 2 dominate Leeds Bradford and I have been less than impressed. Monarch have started flying out of LBA and I would be very keen to fly with them.

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 09:55:41 PM »
Easyjet  flights for this year opened on 12th Sept 2012 from Gatwick for flights from April till June 14th 2013 (aprox)

Not so BL. It was 06/09/2012 when I booked my return flights. (Out on 01 May back 12 June.) That was using the iPhone app though, so they may be released a little earlier on that.

Like you, I am checking everyday and although the App will allow the selection of dates beyond 31 March 2014, flights are still showing as not available beyond 09 Nov 2013.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 10:09:12 PM »
That'd be grand K4E!  We're hoping to do 3 weeks for our September visit next year...but having to work out timings for the Ryder Cup for OH  :o ::).  He has to watch that at home so probably the first 3 weeks in September.  I'm sure I'll cope somehow  ;D. Hoe those timings coincide with your visit  :laugh:

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 11:22:49 PM »

Not so BL. It was 06/09/2012 when I booked my return flights. (Out on 01 May back 12 June.) That was using the iPhone app though, so they may be released a little earlier on that.

last year was a bit of a shambles - bookings were available first on Android  then iPhone, then the website if you searched for flights from any London airport and finally on the website letting you search by airport. Hopefully this year it will be sorted out and available on all platforms at the same time.

Any way its worth checking daily from now on as there are some real bargains to be had,  we got our flights in May and July for under £150.     

Offline Griffo63

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 06:10:06 AM »
Griffo63, those Monarch flights make the Jet2 ones look cheap :o

The Jet2 flights from East midlands are 1772 for the four of us around the date we are going in July plus i would have to pay for parking as well so Monarch from Brum is the cheapest for us. There is no point in travelling miles then paying parking petrol etc. So im happy with the cost although I think they have gone up over the last 2 years, but then checking most filghts they have jumped up alot,sign of the times I guess >:(

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
All Booked Again

Started by hodstar on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 12, 2011, 11:04:43 PM
by suziq
xx
Booked!

Started by pw on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post October 16, 2010, 04:18:41 PM
by alisonh
xx
Just booked

Started by jd2200 on Introduce Yourself

5 Replies
Last post August 03, 2010, 09:56:55 PM
by jd2200
xx
Booked for next year!!!

Started by HolmfirthNicky on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 08, 2010, 10:03:27 PM
by Eljhem

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal