Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: August 2011  (Read 8307 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
August 2011
« on: July 31, 2011, 09:46:13 PM »
Day Three in the Big Brother House....
So far no fights, no-one asking to leave the house and the village pretty much as we expected - but obvously not as manic as reports indicated last year.

Number of calfs aching                                   10
Number of new(to us) restaurants tried          2 (Chillies and White Table - both excellent)   
Number of limes bought                                   0  :(
Number of green lemons bought in error         3  >:(  luckily brought my own limes from UK
Number of calories consumed                          ? (computer error)
Number of calories burned on hills                   nowhere near enough

Early observations are that Kalkan is not as busy or expensive as we thought it might be this year but to June/October regulars, August is TOO HOT!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8257.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: August 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 10:01:21 PM »
number of handbags lovingly gazed at??

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 10:08:18 PM »

K4E No need to bring a fleece tonight then  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 01:04:40 PM »
Oh Babs, you know me so well....number of handbags lovingly gazed at...erm..quite a few * sigh *
Misty, you'll be here by now and are witnessing the shocking heat for yourself :P

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 01:15:09 PM »
K4E...think on yer feet my dear!..explain to the rest of your family you are going in the shop to get cool in the air con..and like mrs L ...once in go for the jugular and convince everyone that the nice bag is essential to your well being!! :-*

enjoy your hols!
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Kefgirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 07:13:39 PM »
Oh yes! Look at some bags for me by proxy!
Anyway, no matter HOW hot it is, it has to be better than the heavy rain here in Liverpool (especially as I'm watching us in shapeless form, being outclassed by Valerenga  >:( )

I don't think I could hack the August temps though  :o

Do you think you'll be going back to June/October visits in future?

Enjoy the rest of your hol and keep the reports coming.  :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:16:59 PM by Kefgirl »
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 08:44:47 PM »
I'm with Mr Lizard there....there's always a sob story to tell in order to buy a handbag....am already planning for October, mind you it will be cooler then so will need a different story  :angel:

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 09:02:22 PM »
I only know because i've heard them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

it has now been decided that the large Mulberry(ish) handbag that i used cunning guile to slide my fags etc in has been deemed as too heavy(all that hard bargaining wasted)......it is being sold on and it's replacement next june is being talked about already :o ...meanwhile one of the other 100 bloody bags will be elevated to the lofty position of "favourite"  >:D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:08:14 PM by blue lizard »

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 11:32:04 AM »
K4E, Great post.
August is definately too hot, but sometimes to get a Kalkan fix, it's needs must!

Have a great holiday and keep us up to date with your jaunts.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 01:14:59 PM »
Day Seven in the Big Brother House....
Still no tears or tantrums (if you don't count a small hissy fit by me and a slight bitchy fallout between our two girls :-[) No evictions and no-one has asked to leave - not great TV :)

Number of people with Turkish tum                                 5
Number of bags bought                                                   3 :o (only one for me though...see earlier reference to hissy fit)
Number of (new to us) restaurants tried                         3 (Fener, Odak and Cafe Vita for BBQ night)
Number of Efes consumed by BH and son                        :o :o
Number of limes bought                                                   0 :(

Its a rather subdued house due to the fact we've all had a particularly nasty bout of Turkish tum in turn over the past three days which appears to be almost over today :) Yes well, the delirium got to me when I was at my worst and I don't know what happened but I ended up with a Fendi Spy when the kids were buying their Mulberrys  ::) ::) I can be grateful for that bout of sickness as we ended up not spending our allocated daily budget for a few days so bags your uncle!! Great lunch at Fener and fab meal at Odak - thanks for the recommendations on here. Cafe Vita BBQ night was lovely, but none of us really felt like eating much, which was a real shame. It was incredibly busy and a fair walk from our place up by Emir - which wasn't popular with three of our party who reverted to small children on the way up there..."are we there yet?"...
Have to say, its still incredibly quiet for August in the village....

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 03:23:19 PM »
Every cloud has a silver lining(s)......yes you all had Turkish tum, but at least it was all of you at the same time, and more importantly you were able to get a bag....I love that you know both make and model (if you see what I mean) feel I need to brush up on my bag knowledge before October!
Enjoy the rest of your holiday  :angel:

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 05:48:46 PM »
Well done K4E a new bag is exactly what was needed to make your poor Turkish Tum feel better :) Lovely new bags guaranteed to cure most ailments or at least make you feel better :)
Yikes 5 people with Turkey tum :o :o hope you have more than one "convenience" in your accommodation ::)
Hope you're all feeling well now and have a fantastic holiday :)

Have you tried the greengrocer opposite Parc Kalkan? definitely had limes 2 weeks ago. They did also have green lemons but no doubting the limes.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:51:00 PM by itstime »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 08:04:21 AM »
Jeeeez! that is devotion to bag buying! ...poisoning your whole party so you have to spend less on food :o  i shall keep my beady Lizardy eyes on Mrs L in the kitchen....maybe you should have bought a bum bag in case it comes back :angel: :-*

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 05:04:53 PM »
ha ha, BL....I see you have caught on to my cunning plan...and seeing how I was first to go down with the lurgy and gave it to everyone else, there may be some truth in what you say :angel:
We're all tip top again now, and itstime we are fortunate to have three bathrooms...phew! Won't give up on the lime hunt just yet, thanks for the tip :)
Babs, we're back in early October so happy to take you on a bag tour if we're there at the same time as you...bag shopping, even vicariously, is my pleasure ;D ;D

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 05:12:38 PM »
Dont forget about my secret lime trees K4E,I did give the location a while back,and I am sure the owners would let you have some,for the price of a drink   ;D
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 05:43:20 PM »
You did indeed, Neil :-*
I've passed the location on a number of occasions during this stay and have thought about popping in and asking about the very same.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »
Oooh just had a look at the Fendi Spy  :)
I brought back a Louis Vuitton Pont Neuf GM, more of a work bag as it holds a small laptop or netbook and room for files too. I love it.
The limes are in a box just as you go in the door of the greengrocers.

Also back out late September/early October so a handbag blitz sounds like a cunning plan ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 06:30:05 PM by itstime »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 06:04:02 PM »
as quoted in a very old phrase book circa 1973 listed under chemist questions........"Can you give me something for diarrhoea.......please hurry"..always makes me give a wry smile.especially the last bit ^-^ ........i know the thruppenies are'nt funny but i can imagine someone dancing on the spot saying "please hurry!" >:D

glad your all fit again!!..look forward to next episode from the House.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 06:06:34 PM by blue lizard »

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 07:19:21 PM »
ha.....I feel a major handbag campaign being launched here! well I'll be able to spot you kalkan4eva....you'll be the one with the glitzy flip flops, clutching a lime and a Fendi Spy.....just off to do my bag research....I'm clearly a novice in bag spotting although by now quite an expert in handbag trawling in Kalkan.....oh and jewellery and for once I won't have my daughters to share the funds  :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »
Day Nine in the Big Brother House....
Nomination day - I got 4 :( Mostly because I'm a stickler for keeping the place clean and tidy...but a tad on the obsessive side about it, apparently ::). I have a task today to NOT to clean a dish, mop the floor or make beds and I can avoid the public vote ;D

Number of people who now can't poo at all                            5 :'(
Number of times I've spotted Misty                                         0 (maybe later...)
Number of limes bought                                                          1 (yay...thanks itstime. Right place. wrong box)
Number of Cardiac Hill climbs                                                   27 (mostly by 2 people)
Number of the blag DVD's that are actually watchable            8 out of 10

Finally got round to my pedicure. Great tip from Loretta - Jasmine on Kalamar Road. Not a posh place, but a fantastic job on my feet plus a foot massage 30tl (bargain!!) One of my better buys, along with ice cream from Dunya and the water hammock I bought from Amazon before we came - its been a godsend in the intense sunshine and something we've not really fought over too much (perhaps that'll kick in next week when we're all a bit sick of each other ;D)
Had a day out in Palm yesterday and BH didn't faint when he paid the bill at the end of the day - for 5 adults, inc lunch, ice creams, a glass of Lal and several beers for BH and copious bottles of water...oh and a random cup of tea. just over £110. We ate in last night though... :laugh:
We're not staying put as late as we normally do though...not sure if its the heat or bit of carry over from Turkish tum...or BH being a bit like Mervyn King in charge of the Bank of Mum and Dad....but Mhuttin is certainly feeling the loss of anticipated income ;D ;D ;D

Who goes....you decide.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Infinity and beyond!

Views: 3634
By: alisonh
Mr Happy Massage