Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Aug 29th: Just two more days....  (Read 1820 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Aug 29th: Just two more days....
« on: August 29, 2009, 06:31:45 PM »
09.30am: We rang Emre, the young taxi guy we met on our first day and asked to go to the Mediteran. "I am opposite at the Patissierie", he said "Come on over".

He was eating this tiny little croissant, full of cream and grated cheeses. So we tried some, and so they became a present. "They are a gift from me" he said. I had only asked how they tasted!

As we climbed the hill, the cruiser that was moored in the bay last night, as we ate in Kaptans, was on its way; slowly going out of the bay and disappeared beyond the headland, leaving its wake stretched across Kalkan Bay. I wondered where they were heading? What did they think of Kalkan? Had they been there, done that?

The cleaners smiled & waved as we walked down the steps into the Mediteran and kept smiling until we removed our gaze. The air was fresh. We had been here over two weeks and you can tell we are approaching September.

The islands out in the bay were shrouded with mist, like giant polos around their shores and the swifts (or swallows?) were dancing over the pool. We had just 2 days left and I was determined to take in this view until I was totally saturated. We swam and the sunshine felt just that little bit like Autumn.

I spoke to Chef about the Mushroom Risotto for lunch and he said it would take 40 minutes, so we ordered it and swam off the space for it.

Have you ever had Mushroom Risotto to die for - with fresh mushrooms, courgettes, and cheese, and made just for you? On a cliff, overlooking the shimmering bay of the Lycian Sea?

Already we had agreed what we were to eat on our last and following day and it felt as though we were expecting more than we were entitled to on this, our 18 - not 14 - day holiday.

You can't eat Mushroom Risotto and swim it off; you have to give it chance. And so I went to my own Turkish Ottoman, arranged the pillows and covered them with my towel, and drifted away. Not sure if it was Boyzone on the iPOD or the Roze for lunch - probably both - but a few tracks later I was ready to spend the rest of the afternoon watching the sun dropping over Kalamar Bay until the Olive Trees became brighter than the bay below us and that was the end of another perfect day.

Well almost.

Tonight, we have a reservation at The Olive Garden. Table 9.  At 9pm.And I wonder if those new 35" shorts will be able to cope?

cheers

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4262.0

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: Aug 29th: Just two more days....
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 07:49:52 PM »
"Tonight, we have a reservation at The Olive Garden. Table 9.  At 9pm.And I wonder if those new 35" shorts will be able to cope?

cheers

Antler"

No way, Antler - no way. You are going to be groaning when you leave - one of the best restaurants in Kalkan, IMHO!

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
Re: Aug 29th: Just two more days....
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 10:59:04 PM »
Oh Antler everytime I read your blog it makes me itching to get back. Thank you for the detail and hope you will let us place your blog on the main website for future visiters to read.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Weather 29th may-12th June

Started by efc_amy on Weather

16 Replies
Last post May 18, 2009, 03:55:29 PM
by utah1
xx
Looking for a 2 bed apartment 23rd-29th July

Started by alantj on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post July 21, 2014, 08:34:57 AM
by alantj
xx
Antler’s Thursday 29th July

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post July 29, 2010, 09:12:22 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Local Election in Kalkan - 29th March 2009

Started by kipronos on Politics & Debate

73 Replies
Last post April 08, 2009, 05:59:49 PM
by itstime

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

The real Green Lake

Views: 3598
By: Alfaman
October Sunset