Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: arrived at last  (Read 2991 times)

Offline macrefield mom

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
arrived at last
« on: June 08, 2014, 04:01:33 PM »
Well finally we are here and so far so good. The weather has been better than we thought and had a lovely day yesterday followed by a glorious morning today, though some cloud this afternoon it is very warm. Two lazy days getting things sorted with the apartment and catching up with our neighbours. We had a lovely meal at Ilyada last night served by Rami. I had amaretti chicken which was beautiful and Oh had apricot lamb which he also praised highly. One soup starter, water, a bottle of white and coffees, bill was 112tl which was very good indeed! Our lunches have been spent on the roof terrace, tomatoes, feta, peaches, juicy melon, beers and a sneaky two glassses of chilled white. The view is one of pure pleasure. After that the onligatory game of backgammon, played with the tenacity of two pros at battle with each othet. No words dpoken, just the rattle of the dice hitting the board, hoping and praying for the sacred double. It will be a tournament that will last all week and pride is at stake. Currently not much in it. I suspect things will resume this evening after dinner. To be continued....

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12144.0

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: arrived at last
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 05:09:52 PM »
Have a great holiday , thanks for the update just keep that nice weather going for Saturday . 6 days left  :) :)
Lynne

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:38:54 PM »
So glad you made it this time!

Hope you have a fabulous holiday. Please, please, pretty please, can you continue to  find the time to provide us all with a few holiday reports, as they are sadly very lacking at the moment.

Fingers crossed for settled sunny weather!

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:22:38 PM »
Hope you have a great stay.. If you go to Adams restaurant can you find out if his email is working. Have mailed twice with no response. Thank you!

Offline macrefield mom

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 10:42:37 PM »
Yes for sure will try and get adams address for you. Though the cloud came in and a few drops of rain arrived, it didnt ladt and we have had a lovely calm balmy evening. Tonight was Kalamaki and was as good as ever. Beautiful steaks and wine. Kalkan is looking great with the streets tidy, the blossom out and all restaurants looking busy. We are going to head out to patara with my friend Mehmet who will collect us in his clapped out car and take us to see the sunset, feed us at his restaurant and then bring us bacj. We did this last year and it was a real highlight. Our neighbours also did it and loved it. So maybe tuesday. Meanwhile backgammon has been nip and tuck all of the way and it is currentky a two set draw. Tomorrowis another day, looking forwawrd to a rematch with a bit of sun, a few cold beers and some good books.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 01:31:48 PM »
Sounds brilliant!

So glad you made it back to Kalkan and it sounds like your'e having a lovely relaxing time. Thanks for reporting back and have a wonderful holiday.  :)

I really want to catch the sunset at Patara too this year - watch the sun go down with a bottle of wine/ cold beers and lovely company, ooh I could imagine that's like being in  heaven!!!  :)

Offline macrefield mom

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »
A busy morning of sorts, down to pay our home insurance, car transfer at Brave tours and the bank. Always a wonderfully easy state of affairs here compared to uk. Our insurance had actually expired last week but it was 'no problem' on email, we will wait for you, so all docs waiting when we arrived at the office and off we went! Our neighbours have been awaiting their turkish residency for some time and were resigned to getting back to thr uk and no5 being allowed back for 3 months; however the postman arrived this morningand there iy was! Bbigger smiles you couldnt wish for, so we are all delighted. We havent seen them since so assume celebrations are still going on! This evening we decided to repay a visit to one of out old favourites The Fish Terrace. Over 17 years ago it was a great favourite of ours and yet seemed to go off the boil a bit. Well it is back to its former glory i think. Buzzing, great jazz, fantastic service with most of the staff who have been around for years and the food was superb. Big jumbo prawns in their shells served with garlic and curry mayo sauces, fillets of sea bass, succulent and sweet, a bottle of chilled Cancaya and beautiful views. It was wonderful and to be revisited maybe soon. Do book a table in advance. Tomorrow awaits. My pedicure is booked for wed at jasmine couiffeur, i  for 10 am so maybe tomorrow is a wander to the harbour and i think we need to get a new canopy for our umbrella so a visit to the village on top, followed by cold beers at tje little pit stop en routr. Looking forward....

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
The time has arrived at last

Started by jimmo on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post August 05, 2009, 11:21:09 PM
by jimmo
xx
JAWS Has Arrived

Started by Pompeyalbie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

7 Replies
Last post October 26, 2019, 05:33:06 PM
by Kevin Norwich
xx
Jusr Arrived

Started by billmccan on General Discussion

13 Replies
Last post September 24, 2011, 11:29:34 AM
by billmccan
xx
Finally - it's arrived........

Started by happy days on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post April 18, 2016, 10:18:33 AM
by Chris_S

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Views of Kalkan

Views: 3353
By: tramline
harbour