Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's Monday - A little bit of paradise...  (Read 2104 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Antler's Monday - A little bit of paradise...
« on: July 20, 2010, 04:58:31 PM »
  • The day began at 4.15am with the apartment doorbell. It wasThe Lads. “Pressed wrong button!” they slurred, stood there in the doorway holding their trousers in their hands. I said nothing, as the relief of having them home was greater than the pain of getting up in the middle of the night.Anyway, their heads the next day would be enough for them to cope with.

Evidently, they had shared a pizza at Kaptan’s down by thebeach, a beer or two and then spent a few hours in Mojito, before fancying adip.

I made my way down Cardiac Hill after breakfast and walked along the harbour viewing all the boats waiting to go out for their trips.Yildiz II was near the end and Mrs Captain Osman was on board preparing food. I explained my booking over the internet last week, which they asked me to confirm, and she showed me the entry in her diary for later this week. The boat was now full on that day. That should be good.

Back up through town collecting some drinks in Smile, then bumping into Emre at the Taxi rank. I confirmed we needed to go “Mediterranean to Mediteran” today, and I would call him when ready to go.

So, around 11am, Emre shot us up through town, across the new road and the very steep climb up to the Mediteran. Just a TL10 taxi faretakes you to my personal 8th Wonder of the World.

Aydn’s face was just a beaming smile; he’d grown more hair and a beard. Gamze was not there this year, she was studying in Ankara. I wentto find Chef to shake his hand.
  • Ahmet spied us and came over explaining his staff were always keeping him up-to-date of what I say on EK. We shared a coffee, and justtook in the view from this incredible place.

Studying the lunch menu, my Mushroom Risotto was not there,so I had to ask Chef for a VERY special favour. I chivvied away at him and eventually he said “OK, 45 minutes”. How anything that good can be made in just 45 minutes I’ll never know.

Our table was set on the edge of the terrace, the breeze just rolling off the sea. The whole of Kalkan fell away before you, and although there was movement, there was no sound.

We shared a bottle of Roze and then Risotto & Kofte arrived, cooked to perfection. What exactly Chef puts in this risotto I do not know, but the delicate combination of mushrooms, tiny pieces of courgettes anda little cheese really floats my boat and I make no apology for going on about it.

The Lads arrived, desperate for food & fluids, and we watched them enjoy Kofte and home-made chips, before we all spent a few hours hanging over the edge of the infinity pool with nothing but Kalkan and the sea in view.

I was in Paradise.

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5976.0
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 05:01:37 PM by antler »

Offline salstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Antler's Monday - A little bit of paradise...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 05:06:34 PM »
Wonderful report Antler, makes me visualise it so much. Only 3 weeks ago we left Kalkan and the blues have set in but reading your reports brings it all back, albeit with a lump in my throat. Give our love to Paradise.  :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 09:25:22 PM »
Loving the reports Antler, it takes me back to those wonderful days we had there last month!! Hope you have a lovely day out on Yildiz2, i'm sure you will!!
Nicky.
Nicky

Offline fitwenchdidyell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
You went to Mediteran????::)   Of course you did!!!  :P

I have THAT view as my PC wallpaper so I can have a daily fix.  I am fierce jealous as I won't get there this year so you'll have to take in the reality for me.

Reports are up to same high standard as last year - keep them coming
Born To Run - the Boss rules!!

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 12:38:27 PM »
oh wow sounds fab...i'm feeling very jealous would love to be back there  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Antler's Personal Kalkan Sunset - Monday 9th September

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

9 Replies
Last post September 10, 2013, 10:12:14 AM
by antler
xx
Our little piece of paradise

Started by nikki 13 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post September 12, 2012, 08:21:57 PM
by Helshe
xx
Our Adventures in Paradise

Started by Agent Ottoman on Holiday Reports and Reviews

36 Replies
Last post June 14, 2013, 11:58:42 AM
by samson
xx
What is happening to paradise.....

Started by collsmac on General Discussion

33 Replies
Last post September 18, 2008, 03:53:27 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal