Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's Holiday - Day 4 - Sept 4th  (Read 4112 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Antler's Holiday - Day 4 - Sept 4th
« on: September 04, 2013, 06:02:30 AM »
We had a new friend yesterday. Barney, a chestnut coloured dog with the saddest of eyes, joined us for the day, spending most of the morning on the steps up to the Villa, in the shade of the hedge. By lunch time, he had the confidence to be with us on the terrace and when that got too hot, inside on the cool lounge floor tiles. He didn’t seem too hungry, but he did seem tired, as when I spoke to him softly he wouldn’t open his eyes but would wag his tail.

Jo and I walked along to the pharmacy for some medication for a bite that was hard and hot on her arm. TL10 later, we emerged from there with some antibiotic & cortisone cream, which should do the trick. The Mulberry shop man did his best to entice us in with “the best discount ever”; now, if there is ever a best time to go into a handbag shop, it certainly ain’t first thing in the morning!

A quick stop off at the greengrocers opposite for some fruit, a Noodle for Mrs A from the Supermarket on the taxi rank roundabout, then home before the sun was hot.

A day of splashing about in the pool followed - apart from a short walk down to the beach to test the Crocs!

The Young Ones decided on  Mussakka for dinner as Mrs A and I enjoyed our Sundowners by the pool.

Around 9pm, and against the tide of people walking down into the village, we walked up the hill to Café Ev. Ekram was ecstatic and it was good to back in this familiar place.

Dinner was simple – Kofte for Mrs A, the liver for me, enjoying our meal as the rest of the diners were leaving. Just as we finished, a taxi pulled up and I knew exactly who it would be; The Young Ones bailed out and came in for a night cap, oozing over the “Best Steak of My Life” they had just eaten at Mussakka, and Ekram was in his element once more. The waiter brought over a complimentary bottle of Pink Fizz, attempting to open it in true F1 style, before filling the tall & elegant champagne flutes.

The walk home from Ev was easy and as Yali was still open, who could resist a tray of Baklava from their patisserie counter ?!

And so another day ended in the pool before switching the lights out just before 2am.

Now, up here on the roof terrace, the sun has already lit up Mouse & Snake and I am really looking forward to my treat of today. Around 10am, Kazim will come to help us choose our dinner for this evening and then, around 4pm he will come back to prepare, cook and serve it. Our own Chef at Home in our own Home from Home.

Just when you think life is really good, it gets even better......

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11555.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Antler's Holiday - Day 4 - Sept 4th
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 07:38:59 AM »
Lovely....my early morning "fix"! You sound as if you are having an amazing time.....long may it last!

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 10:17:27 AM »
Just had an anxiety attack.   Looked at the recent posts and Antler's holiday blog seemed to show Sept 3rd as the latest. What, no Day 4 on Sept 4th??   Fortunately tracked it down under "Holiday Reports" so was able to settle down with my morning glass of juice and read the latest installment.   

I have never yet been to Cafe Ev although our place is not too far away.   After your glowing reports on the food Antler (and I know many others recommend Cafe Ev) I think we have to try it this holiday.   The Shrimp Casserole with chips sounds just the thing for lunch.   I would be interested to know what the pink fizz was like.

Love the videos, Antler.   You may have started a fashion.   

Keep the posts coming - they are arriving at a very good time for me.  With less than two weeks now until I am off to Kalkan your blog is getting me really in the holiday spirit.   Maybe I will see if I have some pink fizz in the cellar to drink this evening and pretend I am already there.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 11:14:49 AM »
Blisterin Barnacles!!...tortoise lady ..you have a wine cellar? ...I have an empty wine rack ..nothing stays on it long enough ::)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 12:24:41 PM »
Hi Antler,

Only just caught up on your reports. I'm loving them but they are reminding me of how much I am missing Kalkan  :(

We tried to book Kazim quite far in advance of our holiday, but unfortunately he was fully booked. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Hope you and your family have a lovely holiday.  :) 

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 01:10:24 PM »
Yesterday, at the beach.

http://youtu.be/zYYI78F68bg

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 03:50:05 PM »
Another fab report, Antler. Thank you so much for taking the time to post.
Chefs at Home sounds like such a wonderful idea - so relaxing. I'm looking forward to your review about that experience.

Have to say, slightly dissappointed not to see the Tesco crocs in action on the beach - hopefully that video will follow :laugh: You were right at our favourite spot...by the freshwater "pond" and that even looks like Tango splashing about in there. We didn't see him at all in June and wondered whether he was still around. Really hope that is him :)

Praying you don't lose wifi connection as I'm so enjoying your holiday :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 05:53:09 PM »
I am a little concerned that I am enjoying someone else's holiday so much!?  ???
But keep up the good work.....I don't think I've seen the beach with quite so many straw shades on it....it looks lovely, could almost feel the icy water!  ;D ;D

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 06:38:21 PM »
Yes Babs, should we be worrying when we are enjoying someone else's holiday so much? 

Think I made a mistake in my previous post about day 4, I referred to Cafe Ev and Antler had been talking about visiting Cafe Vita.   I believe both have good recommendations but the shrimp casserole at Vita probably has my name on it.   My mouth is starting to water already at the prospect.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 08:19:57 PM »
Tortoise lady, no worries, I captured your slip of restaurants.

Kazim has just left us after a most incredible meal. He remembers several of the same at Yellow Villa.

He is such a gentleman  - and the food was beyond belief. I am stunned.

Antler

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 11:11:39 PM »
Great to hear that the meal was a success, it's still on our todo list and as soon as we confirm our next family visit he will be booked. Keep the reports flowing .....

I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 06:55:03 PM »
Barney is actually called Karamel!

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 08:37:01 PM »
So sorry.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 6 - Sept 6th

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

21 Replies
Last post September 06, 2013, 09:20:35 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 9 - Sept 9th

3 Replies
Last post September 09, 2013, 07:15:54 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 7 - Sept 7th

4 Replies
Last post September 08, 2013, 04:27:50 PM
by Joeyloveskalkan
xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 2 - Sept 2nd

4 Replies
Last post September 02, 2013, 06:57:47 PM
by antler

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

harbour

Views: 4188
By: irfan
Meet 23/5/08