Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's Holiday - Day 2 - Sept 2nd  (Read 2941 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Antler's Holiday - Day 2 - Sept 2nd
« on: September 02, 2013, 06:01:06 AM »
There’s not a sound in the air this morning, here, on the terrace; its total peace and tranquillity. Apart from the birds and Kizmee, our adopted Villa Kismet cat chomping into some lean ham from the Morrisons Deli. That’s all he’s getting until I get some tuna from Yali later.

Looking out to see is like looking across a mirror, with hardly a ripple and the sky has a hint of pink letting you know that the sun will soon be rising over Kas

Yesterday had ended how it began – in the pool. It’s not a large pool here but certainly is adequate and sufficient space to float around on the water hammock.

Apart from two short walks, it was a day messing about at home. First, up to the Gempa Supermarket for some fresh bread for breakfast (too good to toast) and then later in the day, a level walk along to the Drink Tobacco Shop (Muhittin KESKE), opposite the Taxi Rank. They were so obliging and chatty as they double-bagged my Lal Rose, Angora Red and a few Efes, reminding me that they would also deliver free.I don’t know how the prices compared to the main supermarkets and don’t much care, but the Lal was TL21, the Angora Red a little under TL15 and the Efes a little under TL4 for a 500ml bottle.The shop owners gave me their fridge magnets so I could be reminded of the telephone number for their free delivery service and one for their minibus service – “just call and in one minute…..!”  Now, that may be very handy…..

Leaving the shop, they called me back, to drop a complimentary Efes Bottle Opener into my already heavy bags. Lovely!

As the family tucked into their ham salad wraps, lunch on the patio, for me, was some cheese from the Welcome Pack. It says on the lid of its domed pack, Binvezir, Ezine (Tam Yagli) Klasik inek Peyniri. So there!  It’s rather like Feta, only a bit harder and probably a tad saltier. Anyway, it was good with a chunk of soft bread, a spoonful of orange blossom honey to cut through the saltiness – and the obligatory glass of Angora Red; I had arrived. And I arrived even more with the second glass.

A call to Adem to arrange the pick-up for dinner tonight, a call to Mehmet to arrange the shave for today. Then I took the rest of the day off - apart from shooting a short video on the upper terrace.

A big, black cloud had hang over the hill behind us for most of the day, diluting the fierce sun, which could not have been kinder on Day One for us.  All showered and spruced up, we seemed to have a healthy glow as Adem collected us outside of Holiday Pansion, our neighbours, at 18.30.
Sat on the upper terrace and feeling as if we could touch the water across the road, dinner was more of a banquet than dinner. Lamb shanks (probably their signature dish), casseroles, mezes and stuffed aubergines, Lal, beers and water.  TL340 for seven. Is that around £16 per head? Well, the view was priceless.

Back at Kismet with a cocktail, the bright green eyes of a healthy black cat were caught by the pool lights, so a couple of slices of ham later, we had another friend, Penny, for life. Something tells me Penny had been a naughty girl as her stomach seemed quite low to the ground; so she could have another piece of ham, just in case.

Now, the sun has lit up Mouse and Snake, and just caught the wall of the sharp bend, high up on the hillside. Kizmee has deserted me and the patio is all mine once again.

“One day when the light is glowing,
I’ll be in my castle golden,
But until the gates are open,
I just wanna feel this moment”.

And I am feeling it, right now.

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11550.0
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:03:02 AM by antler »

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Antler's Holiday - Day 2 - Sept 2nd
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 07:51:50 AM »
Welcome Home Antler & family!  - thanks for posting, makes a Monday morning here a bit more bearable.  24 more sleeps for us before we arrive  - have a lovely day.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 10:45:12 AM »
....and I thought the roof terrace would be your blog spot ;)
Great second post, Antler. You paint such an amazing picture with words I'm tasting the food and sharing your booze (well there's enough of it :)) and enjoying every moment with you.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 12:22:16 PM »
Sounds fantastic, enjoy every minute!  8)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 06:57:47 PM »
Haha! K4E, I'm not sure where all that booze came from, lol. But the cocktails are rather good!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 7 - Sept 7th

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post September 08, 2013, 04:27:50 PM
by Joeyloveskalkan
xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 8 - Sept 8th

3 Replies
Last post September 08, 2013, 06:23:35 PM
by antler
xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 4 - Sept 4th

12 Replies
Last post September 05, 2013, 08:37:01 PM
by antler
xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 6 - Sept 6th

21 Replies
Last post September 06, 2013, 09:20:35 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal