Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's Day Twelve: A little bit of everything.....  (Read 3035 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Antler's Day Twelve: A little bit of everything.....
« on: June 21, 2012, 05:51:54 AM »

Our Day 12 was full of allsorts, really. Beth & Oli were still enthusing over their day in Kalkan, yesterday, when we were at Kekova (Beth suffers with travel motion sickness and went bright green on Yildiz II last year). So they did their own thing, staying out of the sun. First they had breakfast at Cafe Ev, followed by some shopping looking for some shirts - plus Oli bought yet another watch. They had a late lunch at Cafe Leon, Beth having a Tuna Salad and Oli the Kofte. They loved it (I've seen the photographs!) and Lev came and sat with them for a good, ol' chat. Nice.
Tom is suffering badly with "prickly heat" and I feel sorry for him. Him and Bex had left 12 degrees in Leeds Bradford last Friday, only to have temperatures nearly 30C higher on their first day. So, down the hill to the Pharmacy, where Nice Pharmacist checked Tom's skin and gave him a very large tube of cream, saying "after shower, only cream, small, and rub in. Every day. Just once".  TL10. No need to put that through the insurance, was there.
On along the Kalamar Road to Jasmine, just dipping into the Meldi Hotel for a small beer by their pool on the way. Well, it would be rude not to.
I let Tom go first with his shave, so he wouldn't know what was coming (first time in Turkey). Mehmet did his stuff, ending with the face and neck massage and when Tom stood up, I thought he was going to fall over, he was all gaga. A trip to Mehmets is the best thing a guy can do with TL10 in Kalkan (apart rom some prickly heat cream).
By the time Mehmet had sorted my face out, including bit of a hair cut to tidy it up, Adam was waiting outside to take us to lunch, his daughters showing me their new kitten, Lucky, who they had brought into Town in their minibus, just for a ride.....
Lucky had arrived in their garden and is now a much loved member of their family, spending much of its day tucked in behind the cushions on the big, Ottoman sofa.
The six of us sat there under the rattan shade, having a leisurely lunch, getting up only to take more photos of that incredible view. I always deam when sat in Adam's, of coming to Kalkan in early spring, or late autumn, hiring a BMW convertible and drivng all along the Lycian coastline, stopping off wherever it takes your fancy, just sampling the local hospitality. You have to have a dream.
A couple of hours later, we were more stuffed than the aubergine we had just eaten, as Adam and his lovely wife dropped us back into town as they went to pay their mortgage.
The usual ritual followed - water hammock, iPod, water hammock, snore & dribble, as the sun went down behind The Green School.
Bex and Tom were doing their research on Trip of where to have a cosy meal for 2. At their age, one can only now advise. Bex rang Agora and asked what time would be best to enjoy the sunset and, by the sound of the conversation, Lovely Charming Waiter said he would make sure she had a lovely table for 7.30pm Thursday night. Sweet.
Well into the evening, I dragged myself away from the other now ritual, of a Blue, Cranberry & Tonic moment up on the top balcony, coming down only to throw some gel on the charcoal for a simple supper of  chicken & mushrom and minted lamb skewers, tzatziki and fresh bread.
Around midnight, there were flashes of lightening (no thunder) from far, far away as we fell asleep on the sunbeds with nothing but the view of Kalkan and its twinkling, colourful lights reflecting out across the bay.
Nothing, but for the distant bark of a dog.
Steve

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9654.0

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: Antler's Day Twelve: A little bit of everything.....
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 08:33:15 AM »
So sorry to hear about Tom's prickly heat.  I used to suffer from it badly until someone recommended to me that I take a one-a-day, non-drowsy anti-histamine for a fortnight before going on hols & every day on hols. Also,  just as important, to use Piz Buin anti allergy suncream.  I have never suffered since.  The worst thing to use is waterproof suncreams as they block the pores.  Hope he's feeling better today.

Loving your reports - specially as I look out the window at the rain!

Offline cocobarker

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:20:55 AM »
Antler.... looking forward to a meal at Adam place... Where is Mehmets Barbors??  Is it the one in front of the Post Office?? I always go to the one up the stairs to the side of the PO and along the little alleyway to the right.... Mehmets sounds great.... Been growing it for the last 3 months in anticipation(not that theres much on top any more)... always a ritual on the first morning... O0 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:13:02 AM »
Another great post, Steve. I used to get prickly heat, about the only thing not to have afflicted me this holiday ;D ;D
cocobarker, Mehmet is at Jasmone Coffeur on Kalamar Road - just opposite the Asifiya Hotel
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline cocobarker

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 11:02:26 AM »
Thanks Kalkan4eva... closer to our villa then... The chap that cut my hair last year looked about 12 years old!!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 11:04:40 AM »
Yet another great post Steve. Not much good to Tom for this trip, but Johnson's prickly heat soap is mega good for that.  I have suffered big time with it at times.  The only place I used to find it was Harrods, but will see if I can source it more effectively since the invention of the internet. (Been a while now............).  Twould be good to hear Bex's take on Agora, its getting rave reviews in some quarters.  Have another great day today!

Offline Bez

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 03:45:57 PM »
My wife and I are eating at agora tonight so hope to see you there!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 09:02:48 PM »
Another fab report Antler! We've only been back at work 2 days and Kalkan seems a distant memory.
Nicky

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 10:12:58 PM »
Hi Steve,
I too would be interested in what Agora's is like. Bora from The Meldi is running it and I am sure he will do well. We will be going there next week, so a nice feedback would be appreciated.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Twelve Camels For Your Wife

Started by dearsley on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 19, 2021, 03:17:05 PM
by dearsley
xx
Antler's Off!

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 11:09:18 AM
by antler
sad
Antler

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

29 Replies
Last post July 10, 2013, 11:58:09 PM
by hobbo
xx
Antler Goes on Holiday......

Started by antler on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post June 27, 2010, 11:07:18 PM
by antler

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal