Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's Day Five: More Lamb Casserole, anyone?  (Read 2933 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Antler's Day Five: More Lamb Casserole, anyone?
« on: June 13, 2012, 08:06:13 AM »

More paella, more lamb & apricot casserole, more orange & almond torte.....
We'll be eating it for blummin' days.
Get me a kebab, quick.

This is going to sound so boring, but here on the patio, its 30C in the shade and still no sign of cloud since leaving Leeds Bradford last Friday. Bit of a breeze, so very pleasant.
Dinner seemed to be OK last night, but Chef felt the lamb was overpowered by the apricots, really, because the lamb was so young and tender it really would have been brilliant on its own. Only once have I seen lamb so pink. That was in the Rioja region of Spain, where they served it lightly bbq'd over a fire of vine cuttings to add to the sweetness. I think next week, we will get Nice Butcher Man to not cube the meat, but leave the leg whole to roast it. It costs about the same as a decent free range leg at home - £20-ish.
The highlight for me last night - apart from the very enjoyable company, of course - was the starters - tomato, cheese and fresh basil salad, plus a plate of parma ham so as not to feel too healthy. I could eat that stuff all day. And probably will.
It was nearly 2am when we wound up our evening, sat on the terrace here, looking out over the twinkling lights of Kalkan Bay. Mr R and Ollie had found commonality in that they both worked for a large supermarket chain. So they kept talking shop - with a capital "M".
The rest of us just kept talking Lal-infused nonsence. We especially remembered last year, when we were all staying next door at the Sun Elite and we went to the Cafe Ev Opening Party down below. It started in the afternoon and so you knew it would get messy. And it did. Yours truly managed to knock over a jug of sangria, all over MsF's white, linen trousers.
Poppy and Bieber have just arrived and are scrapping for dominance of the sunbed as Mrs A gets her kitchen back to perfection from Chef's mess. Norah Jones is pumping out Come Away with Me (again) and I think the next time it plays, it may get thrust down my throat.
So, a day by the pool, but for the odd skirmish, to Cafe Ev, just to be sociable.
At 6pm we have been invited for drinks at Tortoise Lady's house, so that should be nice - if I can find it. And then for dinner? Whatever, whenever.....
But before then, I'm having a few iPod hours by the pool - and on the Water Hammock (minus the iPod, of course!)

Steve

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9597.0

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Antler's Day Five: More Lamb Casserole, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:18:18 AM »
Hi Steve
Sounds like you're having great fun out there. Must be a boat trip coming up soon?
Are you taking the Floating Hammock out on Yildiz 2 to try it out at sea?
Just PM'd you with directions to Tortoise Lady's Villa as it's just across the road from our apartment.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 11:20:47 AM »
Hi Bob,
Found my way to Tortoise Lady OK and passed on your regards.
Boat trip in a couple more days.
The Water Hammock has been a real treat, today.
Cheers
Steve

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 01:01:02 PM »
Antler  -  I just love your posts!

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 02:41:38 PM »
Great posts again Antler! Hope they'll inspire my OH to try some of your dishes when we're then on the 2nd. Decided to eat at the villa more this time [or try anyway] have to save the lira for the cold Efes and vino. You mention Cafe Ev, we've been to Kalkan many times and can't place it, would you give us some land marks, we're about three minutes up the Kalamar road just up the gentle slope past Chopstix. Not sure whether I asked this before apologies if I have. Thanks!

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 03:27:02 PM »
Clara 50,

Cafe Ev is right opposite the entrance to the Thursday Market, at the bottom of a hill that goes up to the Green School, and ten, if you bare left and go down the hill, with a bit of fiddling, you come out by the Chinese in Kalamar Road....

Cheers

Steve

Offline joanna_eastman88

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 05:18:11 PM »
Hi mum, dad and oli! Sounds like you are having a brilliant time and enjoying the food and drink as always! Keep up the good work and don't forget to turn every half an hour on the sunbeds! Xxxx Joanna

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 02:14:58 PM »
Thanks Antler, Cafe Ev is about five minutes walk from us whichever way you go. Handy really if we just fancy a couple of late night cold ones after we've had a long day in the jeep and we don't want to go too far. Please keep the posts coming, in the last one you reported on your visit to Mrs Lizard, Yellow Villa is just by us, we are one of the villas across the road from the shack, we've always wondered what the Yellow villa looks like inside, it sounds wonderful. Did she tell you about the little girl that lives in the shack, she plays the most fantastic accordion music for her age. When she could see we had returned home in the evenings and were chilling outside with a cold drink she used to play for us, all you could hear was this haunting music coming from that little shack. Brought many a tear to my eyes I can tell you. Hope she'll still be there when we're out there next month. Well thanks again enjoy the rest of your holiday. Regards Clara.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Best lamb ?

Started by Slj60 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post April 12, 2013, 08:40:55 AM
by Livingproof
xx
Lamb/trout farm

Started by alshepuk on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post March 24, 2010, 05:43:31 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Traditional Lamb / Mutton Restaurants - past thread

Started by Ahsap Man on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post March 04, 2008, 07:42:36 PM
by JayneyG
sad
Antler

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

29 Replies
Last post July 10, 2013, 11:58:09 PM
by hobbo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Harbour at sunset

Views: 3844
By: cer
Tlos View.JPG