Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: And Breathe!  (Read 20277 times)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: And Breathe!
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2017, 04:44:32 PM »
Trouble is Lizard I wouldn't know her if she sang Happy Birthday to me!

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2017, 11:20:38 PM »
Trouble is Lizard I wouldn't know her if she sang Happy Birthday to me!

If you scream and run off then it is probably her.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2017, 05:47:55 AM »
Had a bad night because of my cold and decidedly feeling sorry for myself thought a day at the lovely Villa Sultinyhe was much needed.
It's a beautiful villa a stones throw from the Old Town (hm I wonder if I threw one if I'd hit the sea) perhaps better not aim not too good at the best of times.
Bri cooked breakfast and I retired to the roof. I was pleasantly surprised to see how many villas and apartments are occupied at this time of year. All the ones round about us seem to have someone in and I heard a very brave young English child having a wonderful time in a cool pool by the side of us.
Moved the umbrella to shade me from the sun and noticed that Sahane was also occupied and Cennet below it too. We acknowledged our neighbours and carried on reading.
A little later Bri fetched the bottle opener and we shared an Efes in the heat of the mid day sun. It's still lovely and hot and having the fridge on the sun deck is a big bonus.
Lots of boats toing and froing and I didn't regret my self imposed exile at all.
I had decided to cook chicken in a garlic and rosemary sauce. I had cut some potatoes into wedges par boiled them and then put them in the oven when I put the chicken portions in. We had a lovely cauliflower in the fridge so used that and all in all not a bad dinner.
Had a glass of white and Bri finished hus whisky which he'd bought duty free. Still got a bottle of brandy so all is well in the Boland household.
Booked a table for Friday at Cafe Aqua in Kalamar. Their music nights are excellent and the food is some of the best we've had,
Game of crib (I beat him) and then another restless night with my bad chest awaited me.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2017, 04:58:18 PM »
Joycie, you're being so good and keeping your posts up! So sorry to hear that you and Bri have had awful colds but hope you're feeling better now.
You've now shamed me into updating my post/blog!  :laugh:

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2017, 07:24:55 AM »
Apologies to Babs with my faux pas. I hi jacked her page yesterday. Not feeling brill decided to update and because I wanted to reply to Babs just never went back to my thread. Head full of cold and that’s my defence and I’m sticking to it.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2017, 08:10:14 PM »
Did I tell you I love Kalkan. Perhaps not
 if gets a bit boring but it's so fabulous here I can't believe that were nearly at the end of our holiday.
Woke up today after a bad night with my cough and cold. Bed clothes in a heap and decidedly lacking sleep. Oh well smile another fabulous day awaits,
We had scrambled egg on toast for breakfast. Saw it served at Feners the other day and decided that my next breakfast would be just that.
Breakfast finished Market Day today and  money required to service the rest of our holiday. We set out it was warm so we stopped at Kaya for a fresh orange. It wAs lovely others were eating their breakfasts  but onwards and upwards so we did.
The market is much quitter at this time if year but I realised that I hadn't bought any apple tea this year. First stop apple tea and some pomegranate too.
Phew remembered. Through the market but nothing else took our fancy. Got olive oil cream lemon juice etc,
We walked out of the market and my husband mentioned that I hadn't bought any shoes this year absolutely true I hadn't,
Down to the old Yali store . We've tended to shop at Carrefour and Kipa and Yali or whatever it's called now didn't attract us to buy anything.
Beer at Bezigrans was our next port of call and a bit of people watching ensued. Bri changed some money at the barbers and we bought a couple of bottles of wine next door.
Back up the hill into Carrefour for our Efes and then home,
Buster the cat was waiting no sign of freckles. We gave Buster some tuna he scoffed it.
 Up to the sun deck the washing drying nicely and we snoozed the afternoon away.
 Did a bit of ironing fought with the ironing board and got ready to go out.
Meandered down the road to the old town. It's so lovely now and we ended up in Pera again.
Back home into Carrefour for some cat food and home.
Another fabulous day in paradise.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2017, 10:05:54 AM »
I'm really enjoying your reports Joycie and I'm not bothered whose thread they are written on  ;D

Hope your cold is better now.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2017, 11:43:31 AM »
Thanks Lizilu. I.ithought  my cold was getting better till last night and as usual coughed my way through the night.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2017, 07:13:24 PM »
Joycie, I do hope your cold gets better very soon.   So exhausting when you are coughing all night.  You still seem to be managing to enjoy your holiday and I am following you blog with great interest and looking forward to the next visit.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2017, 08:14:52 PM »
Thank you still managing a great holiday but cold and cough certainly dampened it.
Went to bed together last night but my cough soon got the better of me and I ended up in the spare bedroom.
Today we stayed put a day at the Villa perhaps would cure my terrible cough. We stayed on the swimming pool level. Too cold to swim but really lovely on the sun beds so that's where we stayed,
Oh go on then a nice lemon tea would be perfect. It's so lovely and peaceful that it's difficult
To believe you are on holiday.
Watched workmen at the a villa itfront dismantle the tarpaulin protection from the sun and wondered next year in June whether all will have been reinstated.
I t seemed quiet on the sea today. Weather beautiful but not much movement on boats.
The after noon was very sedate. Lunch an Efes and then back to tod sunbed said.
Have decided to build a Kosc at home. Looked at the lights outside the villa and two would be perfect in my Turkish garden.
Will let you know if it ever happens but I gave a picture in my head so watch this space.
Had decided to go to Aqua in Kalamar for our nearly last meal. Such a good choice and the reason why my 70th birthday will be spent there.

Taxi. Back and finishing my report well satisfied with our meal.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2017, 08:17:34 PM »
Four twenty this morning an alarm in my ear. Jumped out of bed like someone possessed and realised that my I pads alarm was going off.
Alright I hold my hands up my fault because we've got to get up early on Monday for our flight back home I've set my alarm on my I pad. Trouble is its gone off two days early mind you it has gone off so that's something. Just won't go to bed between now and Monday.
Another lovely day dawned and so did a power cut. Luckily we had matches so could cook breakfast without too much trouble and it was delicious.
Waited to see if the power would come back on I'd got a bit of washing to do but no luck so we decided to meander down to the harbour and Feners.
Nobody in Feners but we ordered two fresh orange juices and watched the boats go out. The little Mahal boat came in turned on a sixpence and went scuttling back across the bay without stopping in Kalkan. When it returned it had four or five people aboard so it was obviously worth its speedy departure.
We drank our oranges still nobody else in Feners and as I looked across to the Town beach nobody there either.
Climbed up the hill past the shops many not open but probably would be later in the day and Carrefour loomed in front of us so two tomatoes and some fresh bread later we carried on back to Sultinye.
My two mad dog friends were causing chaos in the traffic.
Home and apple teas made we retired to the swimming pool level and sat comfortably on he sun beds.
The villa at the side of us has a young family in it and Dad was doing his morning exercises in the pool whilst keeping an eye on a young baby lying by the pool on a changing mat.
Forgot to say that on our wAy down a gentleman in one of the old houses reminded us of the Kapsa fund raiser to be held on Sunday.
Lunch was had and we spent the rest of the day reading and snoozing.
Decided to go down into town for our dinner. Kosc was our choice tonight so that's where we turned up. I've got to say it was one of the nicest meals we'd had. Trouble is that's Kalkan and I seem to be saying that a lot lately.
Only six of us eating in there but attention to detail was fantastic. I had the fillet steak followed by the most delicious cheese cake. We shared a garlic mushroom starter and Bri had sea bass. Two large glasses of red and an Efes it really was delicious about £41 in total. Fabulous value for money.
We went over yo Yali bar to watch Blues lose at football and then back to the villa and bed.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2017, 08:34:44 AM »
Hi Joycie, you obviously didn't spot us pegged out on the town beach for our last few hours!  :laugh: It got quite busy down there yesterday especially as there were a few Turkish families, just imagine having it as your local beach! Enjoy your last bit of time in Kalkan

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2017, 07:41:06 PM »
Tomorrow we fly home. Dalaman Istanbul Birmingham. Thankyou Monarch it could have been a lot easier. We leave at 5.30 in the morning and should touch down n Brum at 4.00 pm.
Went up to the KAPSA sale this morning. It was busy and I bought a necklace. Didn't look ayt the clothes because I was conscious of my suitcase being overweight.
Had a fresh orange with Kadir at Kaya said our farewells and wended our way back up the hill.
The villa was a lovely haven from the sun. I picked up my book sat on a sunbed and enjoyed the luxury of the beautiful Villa Sultinye.
We had pizza for lunch followed by ice cream and a glass of red wine. Sleep on my sunbed ensued and then a nice Apple tea to wake me up.
I'd done some washing so I headed upstairs removed it from the airier ironed it and placed it in the open suitcase. How lively to go home with a suitcase of mostly clean washing.
I'd managed to check us in on line but couldn't work out how to print our boarding cards. I knew a man who would so after showering and changing we made our way to Bezigrans. Bri watched the football and I went to the stationers for help in printing our boarding passes.
There was a queue but I waited patiently and sure enough he completed our passes. 20tl cheap at half the price. There was a big football match on tonight Fennebrace v Galarasray. The stationers wife had bought the kids football shirts gif the occasion. We meandered down the town to Alternatif.
The meal didn't disappoint. We'd ordered garlic mushrooms in a lovely cheesy pastry to share Chateau Briande and I had a banana split and Bri had vanilla ice cream. It was delicous.
After a free coffee we went down the stairs and straight into a huge group of football supporters. They were enjoying the match and we walked through them with hardly a murmur.
Met two lovely dogs along the way and fed them the remains of the fillet steak which we couldn't manage. Terrible waste really but two lovely Kalkan mutts had the benefit.
So we're here suitcases nearly packed checked in and boarding passes printed.
Hopefully complete the journey tomorrow at home.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2017, 08:31:32 PM »
Hope your journey is not to eventful Joycie!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2017, 09:26:31 AM »
Well Babs where do I start?
Had a restless night 5.30 am away and although I'd set my I pad alarm and although I knew that it worked I just didn't trust it. Tossed and turned and finally my I pad alarm along with my phone alarm went off. Time to get up and bite the bullet.
Finished off the cases weighed them and waited for the white knuckle transfer ride.
Bri says I worry too much and it was dark so I didn't have THAT view as we left Kalkan thank goodness.
Nice comfortable transport but still Stirling Moss at the wheel. We stopped at a petroleum station for the driver to get a drink. The car in fronts driver got out cigarette in hand in a petroleum station for goodness sake but our driver was as bad left the car running whilst the petrol tank was filled. Don't know why I worried nobody else was.
Back onto Brands Hatch and off to Dalaman..
Never been through the domestic terminal before but well organised and Istanbul flight on time. Through security I beeped and was frisked twice nothing found.
On the plane plenty of legroom and in a one hour flight we were served breakfast and a drink very nice it was too.
Got to Istanbul where incidentally I am now and it was chaos at assport meant passport but think the first one serves better control.
The big football match last night meant everyone was returning home. The queues were horrendous and I fell out with an obnoxious Latvian gentleman who tried to push in. Got his come up pance though when he hadn't got the right security info and back to the back of the queue he went. Childishly I thought nah nah de nah nah. Then three delightful young Frenchmen showed me their tickets and mimed could they go before me because they would miss their flight. Me and my schoolgirl French came to the fore and I ushered them through. We finally got through to security beeped again and short of stripping down to my knickers I haven't got a clue what's setting them off.
Oh well here I sit in Istanbul airport wishing every horrible thought about Monarch and completely forgetting the most fabulous holiday that we have just had.
I've no doubt I'll find an end of holiday report in me but Thankyou for your patience.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2017, 09:35:32 AM »
Oh Joycie, I hope you are boarded and home to the UK soon, I know how you feel it is always manic at Istanbul, but normally everything goes smoothly.  Just sit and think of the next time you will be back in paradise, and the wonderful holiday that you have had. Thank you so much for sharing your holiday with us all. Have a safe journey. 

J&B

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2017, 06:45:35 PM »
Were home safe and sound after a day of days. Got to say if you could get a more direct flight with Turkish Airlines I wouldn't hesitate to travel with them. They took off on time and landed early so bonus bonus. Lovely meal served plus alcoholic drink in price of flight and staff very amenable.
Bri and I had a bit of a chuckle because the real Citizen Khan was on our flight but his hair was fried red
Well it could have been fried red but I meant dyed red.
He was the spitting image of Adul Ray who plays Cutizen Khan and as we were getting off the plane in Brum he was going up the aisle the other way with a drink of water in hus hand,WHY?
Oh well we have had a fabulous holiday met some lovely people eaten some fabulous meals and of course stopped in fabulous accommodation.
Now on countdown for June next year will speak to you then.

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2017, 06:51:16 PM »
Thanks for sharing your holiday Joycie. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts and you have helped to extend my memory of Kalkan. Who knows we might get to meet next year.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2017, 07:43:35 PM »
Thanks Keith it would be lovely to see you next year.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2017, 10:44:03 AM »
What fabulous reports from you again Joycie. Sounds like an arduous journey home but I bet you were relaxed by the time you were in that plane headed towards Brum.

Until next year.  :-*

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal