Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: And Breathe!  (Read 20271 times)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: And Breathe!
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2017, 07:13:29 AM »
Yesterday was so different weather wise that we had to batten down. A great gale of a wind blew all the umbrellas over and anything else in its way so we decided to move the upstairs umbrella and take the cushions off the chairs for safeties sake. We noticed the umbrella next door had fell over so complimented ourselves on doing the right thing.
It wasn't cold just blowy and we'd decided to dine at home tonight. Is brought some different chicken sauces with me so chicken in red wine sounded nice so that was our choice.
First of all we were going to wander down to town to watch the return of the swimmers. The boats hadn't gone out because of the weather and we weren't sure if the swim would take place. Truth be told we hadn't got a clue when we got down there. There were lots of people milling about and we decided to walk round to the harbour wall. It was lovely and sheltered past the boats and Poseidon which I had been lucky enough to celebrate my 60th on stood proudly in the harbour. As we got to the unprotected bit we were nearly blown off our feet so we decided to walk back and have a drink.
We meandered up to Yali bar which has so changed over the years. All the tables and chairs match no dirty cushions from housing some of the Kalkan cats and no friendly faces welcoming us with a basket of pop corn. I had a lovely white wine Bri had his usual Efes and then it was on up the hill to the greengrocer X.
We always use the same one. I love getting my shopping bag and filling it with lovely fresh veg. Potatoes cauliflower broccoli mushrooms tomatoes and all for about £4.
On to Kipa I needed hairspray. Got to say it's really well stocked and it saved us our usual trip into Carrefour.
We meandered up the hill to Sahane. The groceries stowed away Bri went for a lie down to see if he could shift this cough and cold. I prepared the veg.
Sue and Shaun had invited us for a drink on their lovely new sun terrace at the Villa which we are lucky enough to have next year. We'd had a week there last year but couldn't believe the difference a year had made.
We can go through the garden at Sahane to the villa so we did. It seems a bit rude to go through some bodies back garden but all was fine when we were greeted by Sue and Shaun and their lovely adopted house cats Freckles and Buster. I say lovely because I think they are but Freckles is not best pleased with me because I used to stop him from coming into the Villa. Didn't know he was allowed.
The lovely couple from the apartment below Jim and Carol were also invited and when we ascended to the sun roof the change was amazing. Bedecked with lovely furniture a fridge for your cold Efes I knew where I would be next year. Oh Joy stop wishing your life away!
So we had a lovely couple of hours with a Prosecco or two reminiscing about how Kalkan was when we first came but agreeing we still all loved it as it was now.
Back to Sahane a brandy and a whisky for medicinal purposes and then up the wooden hill.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2017, 10:12:12 AM »
Hope Bti feels better soon.....he's a bit of a pickle this holiday?

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2017, 11:46:57 AM »
Don't despair of me doing nothing we've actually got two trips booked. One on the Falcon tomorrow and one up to the Kaya farm on Wednesday. All will be revealed at a later date. Yesterday the weather was back to normal although now cooler in the mornings beautiful through the day and we just lazed the day away at Sahane.
Can't believe that this time last week we were at Birmingham airport waiting for our Thomas Cook flight after the Monarch disaster. We've had a lovely week interupted by an iffy spell of weather on Saturday but that has gone and we're back to normal. That's if Bri and I could be described as normal.
We'd decided to eat at Aqua in Kalamar last night. Decided to walk but I'd forgotten about the blessed hill up to our destination but as it was cooler than last time I'd done it I made it.
None of the restaurants were busy and Bread and More looked closed.
We made it to Aqua and sat down with a glass of white wine and an Efes. It looked likeYusufs family were having a picnic there and he bought me over a delicious potato cake which one of the ladies had made.
A young gentleman came in on his own then four more who originated from Southend and a really nice atmosphere was generated. We decided to share a stuffed mushroom starter and with a complimentary warm bread and butter it was a lovely start. I decided to have fillet steak and Bri had tuna salad. The steak was to die for it just melted in my mouth mmm mmm! I had a sort of cocktail ice cream for sweet and Bri had vanilla ice cream. It was all so lovely and it was such a shame that so many people walked into Kalkan past the restaurant. They don't know what they're missing.
We bade our farewells and started the trip back this time downhill. The usual Kalamar dogs were chasing the traffic and I was pleased when I could see the Chilies sign and next door Blue Turtle where we were headed.
Martyn saw us and we sat down at his table and waited for Fiona to arrive. She was organising a trip on the Falcon boat on Tuesday which we wanted to go on.
The music started and it's absolutely brilliant. Aklan has a wonderful Mellow voice and Martyn on lead guitar Baris on bass and I'm so sorry I've forgotten the name of the guy on drums (well a box which he sat on too of) and loads of my favourites were played by these four great musicians.
I believe the Blue Turtle is up for sale again. I hope whoever buys it keeps the wonderful music.
Wonderful end to a great evening.
This morning we walked down to Feners for our usual coffee. There were some guys and a tractor trying to get a small boat out of the water. Well what a palaver! It finally left the water without anybody being run over by a wayward tractor but the old elf and safety would have had a field day in Blighty.
Decided to lunch at Kaya and it was delicious. I had the pomegranate juice from their farm and it was so lovely I ended up buying a litre of it which I'm going to try with a brandy later. We also booked a day at their farm on Wednesday. Have always fancied doing it but never got round to it.
So with a bit of excitement on the horizon I'm going to read my Jilly Cooper on the top deck.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2017, 12:13:46 PM »
Wow Joycie, I can't believe a full week has passed! Sounds to me like you and Bri are having a wonderful time relaxing. Note to self - next year we will definitely eat at Aqua. Your meal sounded delicious but so far we have only had cocktails there. Enjoy your boat trip tomorrow and hope you don't get too engrossed in Jilly to miss out on a mud bath.  ;D

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2017, 02:58:52 PM »
Oh Joycie, what a lovely few days you have had. Aqua was one of the restaurants we said we wanted to try this year, but didn't get round to it in the end, but will definitely put on our list too next year.  Look forward to hearing about your boat trip and day up in the mountains with the Kaya boys.  Have fun  :D :D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2017, 08:49:24 PM »
Thank you Joycie for confirming that Fener is open again.......anyone who is in the Facebook group will appreciate my relief!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2017, 07:24:18 PM »
Woke up to another beautiful day. It's quite cool first thing but once the sun rises it doesn't take long to warm up. Today we're going on a boat trip. We've done Kekova boat trips bu apart from the beach club trips we haven't done a boat trip in years.
The Falcon was our chosen boat and it was absolutely fabulous. Welcomed with a Turkish or apple tea we settled on the fabulous sun beds on the top deck.
It was a nice crowd who also settled with us but then Kalkan holidaymakers are generally a nice crowd. We watched the Poseidon and a couple of smaller boats leave and then we followed them out.
The sea was choppy but bearable and we sailed round to our first stop at Kaputas. People flopped into the water but we stopped on board
Off to the next stop where lunch would be taken. After a swim we moved downstairs to a wonderful Meze style lunch with a portion of grouper fish which was delightful. We'd had a couple of gin and tonics and then we moved on to red wine and Efes. The food was lovely and we shared a table with Martyn and Fiona and newbies to Kalkan who had already booked to return next year.
Lovely lunch and then on to our next swimming stop. We declined and made ourselves comfortable on the fabulous Falcon beds. Ice creams were brought round and the most delightful plate of fruit. It was all done beautifully. The loos on board were fabulous and we had a sneaky peek round a bedroom door which disclosed a fabulous bedroom so I guess overnight ers would be fabulous.
We headed back to Kalkan harbour and arrived about 5o'clock. Puffing and blowing we got back to the apartment washed and changed and meandered back down the road to Kaya. Had a lovely dinner there and said we'd see them in the morning for our trip up to their farm.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2017, 05:31:31 PM »
The sky is bright red almost on fire but it's an absolutely fabulous night and we have had a wonderful day.
We've been on the BBQ day with the Kaya boys Errol and Kadir. Over the years I've seen it advertised but never took the next step. Whilst having a meal in Kaya the other day Kadir suggested that we ought to go with them up to the farm. So us and 21 others boarded a coach with Kadir and the chef and set off to Errols.
The coach was quite cosy but it's a nice way to get to know new friends. My seat wouldn't stay upright but I smiled and gave up in the end passed the Werthers originals around and gritted my teeth for the journey.
It would have been quite spectacular at least I'm led to believe so but you have to take people at their word when your eyes are tightly closed.
We turned on to a farm track and after some time we arrived. It was lovely very bohemian wooden tables and seats and some rickety old stairs down to the pool.
We took residence by the pool there was a cool breeze blowing because we were quite high up but it was lovely. Drinks could be obtained from the bar and a tab was opened and although I'd asked for an Efes I got a brandy Turkish of course and a coke. Bri had an Efes. After a while we were asked to come and look at the Meze. Wow spoils for choice eyes bigger than bellies we paraded round the table in an anti clockwise direction. Now this is very important because if someone cocks it up and goes the wrong way all hell can let loose.
Coronation chicken a Turkish type of coleslaw cheese rolls and so many other side dishes it was impossible to take it all in.
We ate steadily but I was defeated , Kadir then gave us some fascinating facts that I hadn't heard before. As a boy of 11 he left school because he said  he'd had enough and hated the school. I marvel because he's worked in Fethiye in London and various other places. His English is superb and even with my grammar school education there is no way that I could speak Turkish as he does my native language. Bri told him a joke which he remembered from a Christmas cracker and he laughed politely and said he must use it next time. Oh Kadir you are lovely.
We returned to the pool. Water polo shouted Errol. Go away shouted Joy if you think I'm getting in that freezing tub of water! I didn't but some hardy idiots along with Errol jumped in and proceeded to play. They did well to stand it as long as they did. We sat on our sun beds and then we were told the BBQ was to be served. I didn't seem as if I had long eaten my lunch but I managed dome chicken and a little rice. The little beef burgers were very strong to taste and Mor and I would have called them dogs breath burgers. A lovely pudding after which was far too sweet for the diabetics among us but I ate mine.
The air rifle was next. Perfect for the little boys in our group and some lovely bottles to aim at. Didn't have a go but everybody seemed to enjoy it.
Back to our sun beds for a final half hour then back to the bus for our journey home.
What is it about Turkish bus drivers mobile phones and steep windy roads. Don't Ask!
We finally arrived back at Kaya after a really great day.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2017, 06:21:33 PM »
Just catching up with your blog, joycie.
Sounds like you are having a fab time....that Bri is obviously doing his best to spoil ;D ;D
Enjoy the rest of your stay, look forward to hearing more about it.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2017, 01:47:44 PM »
Loving your reports joycie.

The kaya trip sounds fab. We keep saying we will go and never get around to it but maybe next year ...

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2017, 02:14:48 PM »
Joycie, sounds like another perfect day for you and Bri, totally agree the boys at Kaya are so nice aren't they, we haven't ventured on that trip as yet, but maybe we will one day too  :D :D

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2017, 05:26:10 PM »
After yesterday today was a day of doing nothing. I went to bed early I was tired and felt that I had the start of a cold. I did and I have. Heard Bri get out of bed at about 12.00 but didn't seem to be returning. Oh no here we go again. Bri are you going hypo? I'm trying to get the boat back was the reply. Yes he was going hypo. Where were the jelly babies? Downstairs as usual so off I ran hunted in my bag and found the sweets. Grabbed some Sprite from the fridge and back upstairs I went. Bri is sat on the edge of the bed normally he can be quite awkward and believe me murder could be committed but tonight he decided to behave. Three jelly babies and a swig of Sprite seemed to do the trick. Blood sugar checked 2.3 quite low but I knew once the jelly babies got into his system all would be fine.
We awoke at 7.00 he cooked breakfast and we retired to the roof. The views are spectacular and the sea was glistening as the boats left.
I read my Jilly Cooper Bri played on his I pad . Lunch was a light salad with lovely fresh bread. Back to the roof and proceeded to do a lot of nothing again.
For dinner we had decided dinner and a Pidet from Hunkars. I put some jacket potatoes in the oven and Bri went off to fetch the Pidet some tomatoes and a bottle of white wine.
He was gone some time but arrived back with a lovely cheese and tomato Pidet 10 chicken wings on a bed of rice a box of salad some bread and all for about a tenner.
It was delightful and we couldn't eat it all and decided next time we would have Pidet or chicken wings not both. Just too much.
So there you are were worn out from our doing nothing day.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2017, 05:48:23 AM »
Now come on Joycie move yourself! It's so beautiful here and the weather is lovely we've done a lot of the trips over the years and the only one I was quite interested in nobody else seems to be. Although we've done Fethiye market etc there was one advertised which ended up at Ola Deniz. Just fancied having a nose but it doesn't look like anybody else does so a trip to Kas on the bus instead by the looks of it.
We wandered down to Feners for a cup of coffee and first time ever there was nobody in. It felt strange the harbour was bustling still lots  of boats going out but nobody in Feners just us and one dog.
We leisurely drank our coffee and a few more people appeared. The boats started to go out and we noticed that the Falcon was going out today and that there were a few on it. Lovely lovely boat and I heard somebody say I think on our boat trip that they're building a smaller version. Somebody suggested that it should be called the Kestrel.
Brian has lost his hat. We think he lost it on the boat so we climbed up the hill to buy him another one. Sports Direct was our milliner of choice and as Bri had got dark shorts and a dark polo shirt on a lovely black baseball cap with a big question mark on the front was purchased. About says it all really.
We carried on climbing purchased four Efes at the wine shop by Bezigrans. They were 40tl.
Up the hill to Carrefour Efes only 37 there but didn't feel it was that much of a difference so that it would ruin my day.
Bread cheese shampoo more ice cream a few of things we were fast running out of. Got back to the Villa and decided to depart to the roof. Picked up my Jilly Cooper and a bottle of wine and some Efes to put in the fridge on the roof and fought the umbrella to get it in the right direction. Don't know why but the sun always shifts when I've organised my sunbed and umbrella and I seem to spend all my quality time trying to evade the sun. This is where the serious bit comes in. I had a melanoma removed about three years ago. I spotted it actually when I was in Kalkan had it looked at when I got home was referred speedily had it removed and now regular check ups. I spend half of my time in the sun looking at other peoples moles and wondering if I should tell them if one looks a bit iffy. Sad or what?
Anyway another lovely day doing nothing and washed and changed we wandered down to Bezigrans for a drink. It was busy. Drank up and meandered over to the taxi rank for a ride to Cafe Aqua.
Didn't have time to sort my seat belt out we were there.
A few in and I'd messaged Yusuf to save us a table good job I did. Music night was lovely very mellow singer and the place was packed. We had lemon sole and it was so delicious. The cheese cake was lovely afterwards Bri had ice cream and oh the stuffed mushrooms for a shared starter. Think including drinks it was round about £40 for the two of us and absolutely beautiful.
We meandered back downhill to Kalkan. Nowhere near as many people in any of the other restaurants and Yusuf and his staff are so lovely and the food to die for.
Another lovely day doing nothing in Kalkan

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2017, 04:10:28 PM »
Another enjoyable read Joycie. I always find that, even though I want to be adventurous and go on day trips etc, Kalkan is very hypnotic and I just end up relaxing.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2017, 11:40:32 AM »
Oh what a wonderful holiday we are having. Saturday I woke up full of cold deep Joy. Oh well make the most of it. Not moving today a bit of shopping needed so sent Bri to Carrefour.
He arrived back with a complete list now that makes a change and I departed to the roof terrace. I love it up there a complete panorama. Boats going out boats coming in. A possee of workers on the wall above cutting thebushes down and throwing them down below without a care for anything that may be driving on the road. They kept looking over the top perhaps to see if they were lucky enough to catch a passing car or motor bike. Teetering on the edge I kept thinking what would happen if they fell over the edge? They didn't so sticking plasters back in my bag.
We showered and changed and meandered down to the old how . It's so lovely these days and we decided to eat at Pera. The food was lovely and the bar opposite had a celebrity drinker in. Katie Hopkins! Katie who I know I didn't have a clue but the waiter was very impressed.
We ate up paid and meandered towards BlueTurtle whereAklan and the Ealing fakes were playing for the last time this season. They're do good and were rewarded with quite a large audience.
There were two weddings in Kalkan yesterday. One was Adems daughter celebrated at the bus station and the other celebrated below Blue Turtle somewhere. The cars set off lights flashing horns tooting to celebrate the nuptials.
Bri and I meandered up the hill towards the Villa. We accompanied a young couple who told us a car had come over the top and some poor soul had died. We hadn't heard anything.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2017, 04:00:46 PM »
So another beautiful day dawned and we decided to go to indigo beach club today. We normally walk down and today was no different. Money changed by the barbers near Bezigrans and a meander down the steep Kalkan streets.
Oh go on then we'll have a coffee at Feners first. Couple of Turkish families eating breakfast and I had noticed more Turkish people this year which has got to be good for Kalkan. The cheeky sandy coloured dog which barks at everything based itself under our table so we drank up quickly and meandered round the harbour to Indigo.
Up the concrete steps and again lots of people eating there. We descended to the sun deck and decided to sit in the shade. People were in and out of the sea. We weren't. I read my book and people watched and then a nice crowd from Leeds came in and sat down by us. It turns out that they own the Villa next door to the one were stopping in and friends have come out for a holiday. They were going to Rhodes from Fethiye on a stopover for a couple of nights. Apparently it's only just over an hour on the ferry so it's an interesting option for future visits.
We haven't been adventurous this holiday both with heavy colds we've gone for the doing little but often option. Think we've bought half the cough medicine in Kalkan.
Had a lovely day at Indigo but instead of getting a taxi we reversed our footsteps and walked gua Yali bar where surprise surprise the football was on. Oh go on then seems rude not to a brandy shandy and an Efes were quickly ordered. Watched a bit of the football and then onwards and upwards home.
The cats were waiting to be fed. Buster is greedy but gentle and freckles just lets him get on with it so I feed them separately. Important job done where were we going to eat this evening.
We hadn't been to Chilies for ages used to love it when Mr Happy was there and he used to massage your shoulders. So Chilies it was.
There was nobody in there so were seated offered drinks and the menu. Fish in foil it was. Had the obligatory puffy bread with dips. Bri didn't have any but I ripped a chunk off so as not to be rude.
Our fish arrived and that was lovely too. Bri had ice cream and I had a crepe with bananas and honey. Another two couples had arrived meanwhile and then the wife of one of the lads arrived with their new baby. She was raring to go (the baby not the wife) and one of the young lads there was enthralled by the baby and she was placed gently in his arms.
We left them to it. Noticed another couple of restaurants were closing for the season and realised that in a weeks time we would be winning our way home from this fabulous place.
Don't think about it Joy just make the most of your last week.

Offline Mrs M!

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
  • Holiday Junkie!
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2017, 07:55:39 PM »
Lovely reading your reports - thank you.  So glad you're feeding 'Freckles' the Cat, we stayed just below you at the beginning of September and she was a frequent visitor - we all adored her! We had stayed there too last year and she was about then so hopefully she'll be waiting for our titbits next September!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your Holiday.
Lou :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2017, 06:44:36 AM »
Monday and we're both full of cold. Oh woe is me Brian with a cold is enough without my snotty nose and bad chest.
We're going to Kas today. I love the ride round the coast road past Adems and the little rocky beaches and beach clubs. First was a stop at the chemist to get some more cough mixture. Miming sugar free is difficult but after you've worked out the mime and then executed it and then find that the chemist has perfect English of course you're worn out before you started. Back to the bus stop.
There are five people waiting for the bus already. All Turkish abs I wondered if they were going to the hospital as the bus goes that way. One young Turkish lady had a tiny baby which she lay on the bench whilst she waited. The baby had hat bootees and mittens on and was wrapped in a lovely shawl but I was sweating and I wondered how the babe was coping?
The bus arrived. Don't ask! It was full the lady and the baby were offered a front seat and everyone else bar us got on the bus. We decided to walk to the bus station.
It was uphill of course. Past the Nur hotel where we'd had some lovely holidays at the Nur apartments. The Nur coffee shop no we mustn't stop for one although it was very tempting.
The market and opposite the Junction and not far now. There were some benches so we sat down for a breather. Right by the cemetery so I whiled away the time reading the grave stones and working out how old they were when they passed away. Alright we've all done it at sometime.
The entrance to the bus station appeared and of course there was already a queue for the next bus. We waited patiently.
When it arrived there were already passengers on it. Two got off and the queue started to move. I thought here we go again why didn't we just get a taxi? Got on the bus and the 2/6d were already taken but there was a lovely padded bench which four of us managed to sit on.
Trouble is the sliding door ran at the back of the bench and Bri's back slid with it.
Right full to the gunnels we're off.
Past the stop where we tried to get on first time up the hill and somebody wanted the next stop. There were people here too one with a baby in a pushchair. Back doors of bus opened and Mother and baby sandwiched into the bus. My husband ever the gentleman stood up and let her have his seat. She sat down and promptly put the baby on my lap. Beautiful child who didn't seem fazed by being plonked on some English woman's lap. She got herself adjusted and recovered her child. Bri who was standing up had nothing to hold onto so he grabbed an old Turkish gentleman and held onto him.
A couple of stops later mother and child wanted to get off bus stopped and Bri and a couple of others got off to allow Mother and child departure access. There was a queue waiting for the bus and Bri somehow got himself at the back of it and only just scrambled back on as the bus departed.
There was a diversion on the main road and the bus went up the hill didn't stop right by the hospital as it usually did and carried on through a Turkish village and back onto the main road by the beach club. Past the lovely Marina and into Kas and the bus station.
We gratefully got off the bus and meandered down to the harbour for a drink to soothe our dry throats. One Turkish cay one Efes please. The waiter bought a jar of flowers over to the table for you he said. The drinks arrived and were placed in front of us. Cay for me Efes for Bri. NO Thankyou the Efes was mine and I drank it like the nectar it was.
A visit to the loo was required. Last time I used the public one in Kas I payed my one lire was given a sheet of loo paper and off you went. This time no loo paper .Well what now? The loos are regularly hosed down and galoshes are needed to paddle in. Always clean basic but a lot better than some of our toilets at home. Low and behold there was even soft toilet paper on a loo roll holder. Could start breathing again.
Ablutions over we wandered through Kas and up the hill to the beach clubs. Lunchtime was fast approaching and the Nur Hotel beach club advertised food so down we went to their food level. There were some lovely sun beds there and a really pleasant guy who ordered me a cheeseburger and Bri a tuna salad. They took some time to arrive but I've got to say the cheeseburger was one of the nicest I've had. Two white wines later we left fully satisfied and meandered back down to the bus station,
Very uneventful journey back hopped off the bus at Carrefour and straight back to the bliss of the roof terrace at the Villa.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2017, 07:23:32 AM »
Joycie just catching up with your kalkan adventures, what a lovely holiday your having, sounds absolutely perfect! Your bus journey sounded eventful but glad you managed to get there in the end. We went to the Nur beach club this year it's lovely isn't it? Thank you for sharing your holiday with us all and hope your colds are better very soon  :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:27:04 AM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2017, 04:42:28 PM »
Hey joycie...enjoying your reports.You are keeping Kalkan fresh in my mind!

P.S   If you see Katie Hopkins again can you throw a spud at her 100TL if you get one on her head ;D >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

In the Med

Views: 4140
By: misty
Kalkan beach 1987