Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Week in October - the plans  (Read 8720 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
A Week in October - the plans
« on: September 16, 2010, 02:59:02 PM »

The anticipation is almost as good as the holiday and now it has kicked-in big time with these lovely reports coming in of late, on EK.

Yesterday, I rang Adam at his restaurant and told him we would be arriving on Oct 10th, our 29th Wedding Anniversary. As we left Kalkan in July, Adam said next time we came we would go for a “family lunch” in Berzigan, so I asked if we could take him up on his offer. “Of course!” he said, “and we do lots of surprises to celebrate”.  What a lovely man!  I’ve had some photos taken at his restaurant in July enlarged, which may be a nice souvenir for him.

I haven’t booked a table at Mussakka yet, but that shouldn’t be a problem. We are keen to have a “stress free” meal there, as on our last night, just as we were enjoying our nightcap, the mobile phone rang and it was our eldest daughter at home saying our 18 year old cat had just died in her arms, and she was distraught. We were in paradise and she was in hell and needed a hug. Not the best end to our meal, or our holiday. But Kitty & Mehmet understood our reason for a quick exit.    Summer Steak with balsamic dressing will be pre-ordered. And home made chips.

Tuesday 12th we have booked Yildiz II and am really looking forward to that. I’m wondering how different it will be in the early October sunshine. It will be nice to meet Osman too, if possible, hoping he has made a good recovery. We’ve also had some photos enlarged that were taken on the boat last time, which may be good for their scrap book.

Another “must do” for us is a coastal walk to Kalamar Bay. I’m told if we turn right out of our hotel (Samira Garden) then right again in front of the Mediterranean complex, you can walk all the way to Kalamar Bay, so I’m hoping we find the way. On the way back it will be stop off at Jasmine Coiffeur for the last photo drop off - a large pic of Idil in her buggy with a great big smile. Hopefully Mehmet and Betul will like it as much as I know I will enjoy my haircut and shave. I’ve also framed a posting I did on EK describing the sensation of Mehmet’s shave, which might be a talking point for his salon wall?

And as I will not be on this “how many points in a prawn” diet for that week, and to help my shorts stop from dropping to the floor after such massive weight loss, I want coffee up at the patisserie opposite the Nur Hotel. With the coffee, I want one of those little croissants stuffed with cream cheese that are amazing; in fact, I might have six.

I feel the week – and my shorts - filling up as I write this, and still have to sprinkle-in a few trips to Chillies, calling in to see Tony in Eden Lounge and all the other suggestions I have been mentally filing away from the daily read on EK.

And to cap it all, I hope to buy Joan & Jon a drink or three!!

Just 3 weeks to go……….

Bring it on,

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6410.0
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:29:55 PM by antler »

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • space sense
Re: A Week in October - the plans
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 04:22:32 PM »
Hi Antler
Happy times!

We're counting the days too - though nothing like as organised as you, have a rough plan - just need to make those bookings ....

Everyone will love your photographic gifts - we'll see them on the walls for years to come. No doubt Mehmet will proudly display your fab words for all to enjoy.

Antler the kindnesses you enjoy from everyone are a direct reflection of your optomistic approach, generosity and open heartedness. There. Someone had to say it! ;D

You'll have a great anniversary holiday - lots of old friends who will want to help you both celebrate, and no doubt new ones who'll help you make some joyful moments.

We arrive a few days before you, so will be very chilled by the 10th - we'll look out for the man with the baggy shorts who id definitely not counting the calories in his cheesy croissants!

Keep that camera snapping, and the words flowing if you ever catch your breath this time!

Cheers!
Lori

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 05:23:48 PM by lorilou »
if you can walk you can dance

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »
Dear Antler
How I love your posts on this site.   I am sooooo sorry about your dear Kitty cat.
Thanks to you we are going to try out Chilli's and hope they still have puffy bread!   Enjoy your October break -   4 sleeps until we arrive (am now ignoring Accuweather) and will enjoy whatever the heavens throw at us! :) :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 06:28:19 PM »
Hi Antler, hope you have a lovely time, hope you get to meet Osman this time, he's a lovely guy.
So sorry to hear about your cat, i know what it's like to lose a beloved pet.
Look forward to reading your reports.
Nicky

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
well, Antler...really looking forward to your October reports. I think you'll find Kalkan so much more chilled and relaxed and on a bit of a wind down. We had lovely weather last year - much better than May/June this year - and the best thing about October - the sea is so warm! Its a bit chilly of an evening on the rooftops, so don't be afraid to take up the offer of a pashmina ;D ;D
Sooh jealous, it really is a lovely time to be there!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 07:28:36 PM »
Hey Antler sorry to hear about your cat :'( one of mine is also 18 and have dreaded leaving him for the last few years just in case.........
We arrive in the early hours of the 9th so maybe bump into you along the way. Beginning to count the number of sleeps now so know there's not too long to go :) and got out tickets in yesterday. Can't believe we've actually got real tickets as for the last few years only ever had e-tickets. There's something very satisfying about an old fashioned printed ticket :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:59:57 PM by itstime »

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 09:36:07 PM »
Maryjane, I hope you have a great time; I'm sure you will, whatever the weather!

Looking forward to meeting up with the EK members who are there, when our paths cross, as I'm sure they will; maybe you'll catch me on the laptop (its Dell & white and there aren't so many white ones!) at the Samira Garden Hotel bar?!

cheers

Antler

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 09:46:30 PM »
Oh Antler, I love reading your threads.

We have said that we wont be able to visit again this year due to lack of pennies, but you have made me want to go back so much (and we've only been home a fortnight) that I'm off to look for cheap flights.

Kalkan Belediye should employ you in their PR dept!  :o
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
Hi turkeyfan, you'll find those cheap flights, I'm sure - come on out!! It will be a real treat to try the village in a different season. Let us know WHEN you have booked!!

cheers

Antler

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 10:06:14 PM »
Ha ha ha.  Stop it.  I'm very easily influenced!

Mind you if we leave the kids at home it wont cost that much...... will it????>:D   >:D

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 10:09:36 PM »
And on the card, it won't even appear on the statement for payment until November. The break will be healthy and will do you good. Set you up for the winter. Kids will be fine and glad you will come back relaxed. Have you booked yet?!!

cheers

Antler

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 09:01:50 AM »
Kay, have you ever seen "Home Alone"....? ;D ;D 

Think of the repair bill for the house..!

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 11:13:39 AM »
Careful Antler, you're giving your secrets away - is that how you sold this 'extra' week to Mrs A? :D

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »
 :'(  Cry, sniff, Cry.  :'( 

Good point K4E!

I haven't managed to convince the OH either(yet!), despite finding flights for £140 each from East Midlands. 

Hey ho, looks like I may have to wait until next year.  :(

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 01:03:47 PM »
C'mon Turkeyfan - your half way there!
L

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 05:50:07 PM »
:'(  Cry, sniff, Cry.  :'( 

Good point K4E!

I haven't managed to convince the OH either(yet!), despite finding flights for £140 each from East Midlands. 

Hey ho, looks like I may have to wait until next year.  :(

What a lovely selfless gesture if you just book the tickets and present them as a lovely surprise gift. How could he not be touched and delighted with your generosity >:D

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 06:27:47 PM »
OMG Itstime - wouldn't want to do battle with you! You fight dirty! Mind you, if there's a good reason ...
:)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
Why not just go by yourself?....Mrs Lizard does....Everyone wins,Mrs L gets a nice break..i'm at home so our cat gets looked after and i get peace and quiet ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 06:42:21 PM »
OMG Itstime - wouldn't want to do battle with you! You fight dirty! Mind you, if there's a good reason ...
>:D >:D why do you think I've got away with Kalkan a couple of times a year, every year for 15 years ;D
only joking, of course it's a mutual decision 8)

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 07:03:17 PM »
Itstime. Yeah right. And now it's ... a natural part of your year!! Good for you.
happy days.
Two weeks Monday ... bliss

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First week of October

Started by utah1 on Weather

2 Replies
Last post September 19, 2011, 07:22:15 PM
by utah1
xx
last week of october ?

Started by kazaroni64 on Weather

9 Replies
Last post October 10, 2008, 08:12:57 PM
by sally
xx
Recommendations for 2 week holiday in October please!

Started by Lulu75 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post March 20, 2012, 09:05:27 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Plans for the Harbour

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post February 06, 2014, 08:59:43 AM
by kags

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal